Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dragon hatchery concept/idea/crack pot scheme  (Read 5756 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon hatchery concept/idea/crack pot scheme
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 08:26:10 am »

Currently I have like 12 dragons in my world. Expect feedback on dragon breeding as soon as I hit 80 dwarves.

Or I could mod the region's raws so dragons show up earlier.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2012, 08:28:09 am »

I'm in debate over the CHILD tag with eggs.  Seems dragons breed in worldgen just fine, after all.
I tried starting a snapping turtle farm, the eggs wouldn't hatch until I added CHILD.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2012, 08:37:04 am »

how to prevent your haulers from snatching the eggs from nest boxes?

Put the nest box behind a door and lock it when the egg is laid, or manually forbid the egg when it's laid, or disable the storage of that type of egg in your food stockpiles and the cooking of that type of egg in your kitchen menu.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2012, 09:19:31 am »

Well, modded the raws for dragon requirements. One month after, a dragon promptly appears.

It sees a dwarf outside, breathes at it, melts my bridge, slays the dwarf then disappears into the smoke and randomly wanders into a cage trap :p

And there I tame it, and release it. And it's a fake tamed dragon. It breathes fire. AAAAARGH.

*instant savescum*
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:23:27 am by Naryar »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 09:26:42 am »

I'm in debate over the CHILD tag with eggs.  Seems dragons breed in worldgen just fine, after all.
I tried starting a snapping turtle farm, the eggs wouldn't hatch until I added CHILD.
So it appears that worldgen doesn't care...  Curious.  Wonder if there's any other ways to test the CHILD and Egglayer reproduction in worldgen.  Give elves eggs but no children and see if they survive?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]