Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: To any who were curious about war with elves  (Read 5954 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: To any who were curious about war with elves
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 01:06:02 pm »

I view myself as an endeavouring !!scientist!!. You know, the Charles Darwin type. Cage it, poison it, kill it, and science the crap out of it.

zzedar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 02:03:25 am »

Of course, after defending the elves, I immediately and for the first time accidentally offered them a wooden item.
kingubu cancels Efficiency: Taken by mood
Project Whalegun is a go. Load the whale cannon!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 02:05:00 am »

Of course, after defending the elves, I immediately and for the first time accidentally offered them a wooden item.
Dwarves: Offering their exotic wood to the elves, and murdering them because they always say, "no"

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2011, 08:39:36 am »

Dwarves: Offering their exotic wood to the elves, and murdering them because they always say, "no"

This sums up the times I try trading with elves.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2011, 03:11:58 pm »

Am I the only fucking person on the forum that doesn't have a fetish for killing elves?

*waves*

I tend to roleplay my forts for the most part.  I usually don't bother the elves, yeah they're annoying, but occasionally useful, so my dwarves don't like them much, but grudgingly play nice.  I piss them off just enough to not get constant cloth and they bring me the occasional beastie, like jaguars and giant scorpions.  In turn, I often trade to them my extra unadopted cats.  Joke's on them :P

Once though back in 40d my parent civ started off at war with them, a fact that I wasn't aware of until they attacked one spring instead of coming to trade.  I mopped the floor with them, and they just kept coming.  I had 20 pages of dead elves, goblins, two dragons, and a Titan.  You'd think word would get out and they'd knock off the bullshit, but no.  The fort finally died to fps.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2011, 05:17:52 pm »

Am I the only fucking person on the forum that doesn't have a fetish for killing elves?

I like the elves, they tend to be really helpful. I've never been at war with them, and I hate any unnecessary loss of life, so I tend to avoid killing them. The again, I've never used magma in my life, and I'm vegetarian.

Some dwarf I am...

(pic snipped here)
Harsh but you are doing it wrong

No...No, I'm not. Rather than being a cheap Chaotic Evil Beserker, I prefer to view myself more of a Chaotic Neutral Paladin. Not evil, not exactly good, but I do what's right. If I'm being attacked by hordes of goblins, they die. If peaceful villagers come to trade, I trade.

Read the web comic "Goblins", and the Paladin in there is incredibly accurate. He's a Dwarf, by the way. And the comic is -very- dwarfy. I promise you that...

I just lost two hours of time looking at that. Thanks. lol
No, really - it's not that bad. Pretty good, actually.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 2 [3]