Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: dragons are theives!  (Read 3785 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: dragons are theives!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 05:37:37 pm »

...you can tell the difference?  None of them have beards, I just took them all to be women!  I've...  I've made a terrible mistake...

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 05:39:48 pm »

As one whose policy is to only fondle elven women, I'm afraid I couldn't tell you.

Good policy that, might make use of it next time I encounter elves of the female kind.

How rude.  I prefer to keep my fondling to myself, thank you very much.

...Wait... ???

...you can tell the difference?  None of them have beards, I just took them all to be women!  I've...  I've made a terrible mistake...

You just made the best kind of mistake.

A sexy mistake.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:42:01 pm by Xen0n »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 05:41:48 pm »

It's not so hard once you look at the spot where the beard is usually the fullest on a Dwarf.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 05:42:32 pm »

...the stomach?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 05:44:15 pm »

...the stomach?

Not quite, abit further up.. Take a look at that one for instance, clearly female.
Now look at.. That one over there..
See the difference?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 05:46:24 pm »

I sense a large amount of anti-dragon hostility in this thread.  The dragon only ate one dwarf and so many elves.  Clearly it is a hero, the one dwarf probably had it coming...

And is it really so unusual to snatch up the possessions of the one you eat?  Not like they will be needing them after you are through with their owner, and for some reason humans will sometimes trade shiny stuff for not shiny stuff.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 05:46:29 pm »

It's not so hard once you look at the spot where the beard is usually the fullest on a Dwarf.

Yes, unfortunately the standard method of differentiating gender based on beard placement only works with dwarves:

Spoiler: Sexual Didwarfism (click to show/hide)

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 05:48:47 pm »

I sense a large amount of anti-dragon hostility in this thread.  The dragon only ate one dwarf and so many elves.  Clearly it is a hero, the one dwarf probably had it coming...

And is it really so unusual to snatch up the possessions of the one you eat?  Not like they will be needing them after you are through with their owner, and for some reason humans will sometimes trade shiny stuff for not shiny stuff.

It must be a cultural thing.  As dwarves, we know the proper way to respect your fallen foe is to take all of their earthly possesions, and dump them in magma/atomsmash the crap to get rid of it.

EDIT:
OOPS  forget the to change the setting I was using on my time machine; sorry, double post  :-[

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 06:03:56 pm »

If you got that far and still couldn't tell the difference, it clearly wasn't a mistake.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 12:53:29 am »

But why?  Dragons can swim in Necro910 stuff.  Unless you mean his retribution as the thing they should fear.

I was referring to what would happen to the loot...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: dragons are thieves!
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 08:55:26 am »

Most of the non-magmasafe non-artifacts melt and all that's left is magmasafe stuff and artifacts. Sounds good, really. Less muck to pick through.

Also; it's thieves.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:58:17 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.
Pages: 1 [2]