Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: dragons are theives!  (Read 3786 times)

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
dragons are theives!
« on: September 23, 2011, 11:29:16 am »

So I decided I wanted to capture a dragon. The first step is to find out where the dragons are, right? I go to legends, find the first dragon, and read the history. Holy armok, I love this guy. entries consist entirely of things he's eaten, things he's stolen, and becoming the enemy of various groups. He's eaten 15 elves and 26 humans... and ONE dwarf. I think we gave him indigestion. I sense an opportunity for training.

but more often than he eats, he steals things. wooden and bone things form the elves are the most common.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: dragons are theives!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:31:06 am »

So I decided I wanted to capture a dragon. The first step is to find out where the dragons are, right? I go to legends, find the first dragon, and read the history. Holy armok, I love this guy. entries consist entirely of things he's eaten, things he's stolen, and becoming the enemy of various groups. He's eaten 15 elves and 26 humans... and ONE dwarf. I think we gave him indigestion. I sense an opportunity for training.

but more often than he eats, he steals things. wooden and bone things form the elves are the most common.

How else are dragons going to get treassure for their hoard?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 11:46:22 am »

Dragons have the compulsive need to hoard. SO LET THE ELVES BECOME POORRRRR

Wait, is it possible to demote a bunch of hippies living in the forest financially?

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 11:57:19 am »

Wait, is it possible to demote a bunch of hippies living in the forest financially?

Take away their Rat Weed and -Stone Pots-
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:02:51 pm by Xen0n »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 12:00:14 pm »

Don't you mean rope reed?  :P

And since when do they have stone pots? They only ever have cloth and wood. Damn hypocrites  ::)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 12:13:41 pm »

Don't you mean rope reed?  :P

And since when do they have stone pots? They only ever have cloth and wood. Damn hypocrites  ::)

Dragons took them, that is why Elves have little of value.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 12:15:49 pm »

The answer is simple: whatever the ELVES value, the dragon takes. 

You see, it's not the intrinsic monetary worth of a thing that's important to the hoard, though that of course helps.  It's the value the previous owner placed in it, how much they wanted or needed it.  A child's xxrag dollxx, leaking straw and missing one button eye, is just as worthy of hoarding as some king's 1187th ☼Gold Statue of harem girls☼, if the child's heart and soul are utterly crushed when the dragon takes the doll away. 

It's not about accumulating wealth, pricey things that provide some big number of dorfbucks that you can stick on your lair and show off to all your friends cowed mortal worshippers, it's about having priceless things that no number, no matter how large, can properly describe the worth of.  That said, most sane creatures value valuables, so the hoard tends to be pretty shiny too.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 01:41:52 pm »

In that case... I hope, for the dragons sake, that they never, ever rob Necro910...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 01:45:52 pm »

In that case... I hope, for the dragons sake, that they never, ever rob Necro910...
It would turn out bad.

For everyone.

EVERYWHERE.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHH

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 01:46:28 pm »

But why?  Dragons can swim in Necro910 stuff.  Unless you mean his retribution as the thing they should fear.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 02:03:39 pm »

But why?  Dragons can swim in Necro910 stuff.  Unless you mean his retribution as the thing they should fear.
But they cannot breath it!

DROWN YOU REPTILIAN BASTARDS, DROWNNNNN

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 02:16:01 pm »

Thing is, [like someone else (whom I'm unable to remember right now) said a few days ago], dragons seem to have a shiny things fetish.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 04:20:28 pm »

Thing is, [like someone else (whom I'm unable to remember right now) said a few days ago], dragons seem to have a shiny things fetish.
Does that mean the elves' wood is shiny? :P

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 04:39:05 pm »

As one whose policy is to only fondle elven women, I'm afraid I couldn't tell you.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 05:34:17 pm »

As one whose policy is to only fondle elven women, I'm afraid I couldn't tell you.

Good policy that, might make use of it next time I encounter elves of the female kind.
Pages: [1] 2