Poll

Chasm Lake Walls - Wood or Stone

Wood
- 5 (45.5%)
Stone
- 6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 8042 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Broken World
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2011, 04:33:18 pm »

Hold funeral for blacksmith. Entomb him in STONE TOMB.

"he will forever be remembered! and may his work of a lifetime, this sword, which he called Onraicen, be given to the must worthiest of all our soldiers! i shall keep it until the worthiest is to be found. And it will! for i have seen the morale of this town dwindle! and i shall not tolerate it any longer! may all of you rejoice! this day shall become a holy one! carve it in your memory as you carve it in the stone! Nthenol! i hope your pupils are ready to show their WORTH to their families, and friends, for today, fought with wooden swords, a tournament WILL be held to commemorate the blacksmith! and the winner of the tournament will merit Onraicen! to wield it to defend this town! what do you think people!? rejoice for at least in this single day, i order you to forget your WORRIES! and let the best men win!"

sign this day as festivity. hold tournament to increase peoples morale. with wooden stick. winner gets Onraicen, and must swear to uphold his honor and that of this town, and to defend the town whenever need to be.

"AND FOR MY PUPILS... GET BACK TO WORK ON THOSE STONE WALLS!"
stone walls and stone houses should be under construction.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2011, 04:56:56 pm »

Chasm Lake will improve the living conditions of its peoples. More houses and Workshops are to be created.

Request that Stone wall construction be decommissioned, and replaced with a Wooden One, with wood provided by Jathreel Outpost. Stone buildings are obviously too expensive to produce right now.

Have ten people from Raventree begin work on a road to Chasm Lake and Jathreel, to provide faster sharing of resources.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:59:13 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2011, 05:19:47 pm »

The state of food production was dire. Jathreel had been a near failure; they couldn't support themselves with the lack of game. Their only purpose was to cut wood now...Actually he should order that.

Chasm Lake was suffering somewhat too; not enough housing was always a problem. Well more would be built.

His fellow rulers had commissioned roads and homes. He agreed with them as the only way Jathreel would survive any further would be with imports of food from Chasm Lake.

Keloph also put in an order for those at Chasm Lake to expand their fields and irrigation networks.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2011, 06:06:54 pm »

Poll updated - Stone or Wood walls?
Am I to assume that the available fields are to be sown?

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2011, 05:20:27 am »

stone walls for the win. we can use wood for other things, and stone can also be mined from the ground. or we can use mud. i mean...we are walking on stone-shine nearly everywhere. >.> just dig and it's there.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2011, 05:38:28 am »

Stone's harder to build with. I think.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2011, 05:50:49 am »

Stone's harder to build with. I think.

meh, it's easier than having to take wooden sticks/planks, search for some vegetal filament to tie them together, and make walls.
stone is actually searching for rocks, adding mud to keep it still, and if need be increase mud and stone quantities...and we do not have to wait for wood to come by.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2011, 11:11:39 am »

Oh, I think I would like to point out...

Stone will take 12 weeks to build with. Hell, were still on week 9! By the time its finished, Chasm Lake will have been raided five times!

And dude, I think just searching for tiny rocks all over the landscape will take extremely long amounts of time. Stone is obviously too advanced for us to use normally at the moment.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:13:18 am by Johnfalcon99977 »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2011, 11:37:05 am »

well, wood would take an awful time too, you must consider we have to cut it down from the trees, then bring it near us, then construct it.
stone is already here, we cut off a large amount of time.
at least, this was my reasoning.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2011, 04:44:58 pm »

Obviously less time then Stone, but we do not know how long it will take. If it takes longer then stone, we will switch back. But, for the time being, Wood seems like a far quicker, faster, and just generally better idea. And besides, Stone, like I said, requires more advanced forms of tech before we can consturct it faster.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2011, 06:21:23 pm »

that were the case, we should just ask how stas goes doing it.
stas, it's quicker in week terms to go stonY or go woodY.?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2011, 06:29:33 pm »

I don't think that will work. We need to TRY it.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]