Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: European Anarchy (Sgin-ups!)  (Read 4148 times)

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
Re: European Anarchy (Sgin-ups!)
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 07:43:25 pm »

I think I did it right this time:

Country Name: Kingdom of Naples
Country Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Country Political Alignment: Centre-Right
Country Colour: Yellow
Leader Name: Alfonso III

Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 08:30:05 pm »

Yep, you did it right.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 09:02:25 pm »

I might sign up, but before doing so, a few questions:

Isn't the EC way too powerful? I mean, seriously, if anyone gets close to them they will get smashed. Or are you going to be extremely passive/give yourself a penalty? Because it would require nearly the entirety of the free map to win against you simply because of the conquering rules, and I doubt players would all work together, meaning defeat is inevitable.

How fast will I get smashed if I pop into Germany? How hard will it be for me to expand?

Why is the EC mostly concentrated in north-east Russia? And is that their capitol nested between that HUGE cluster of factories? It looks slightly lighter.

Also, why are you saying sgin instead of sign? :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:04:12 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 09:09:12 pm »

I was wondering the same thing; it's too consistent to be a typo.
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 09:41:20 pm »

I'll repost my map with corrections. Not now though; at school right now.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 09:59:06 pm »

I might sign up, but before doing so, a few questions:

Isn't the EC way too powerful? I mean, seriously, if anyone gets close to them they will get smashed. Or are you going to be extremely passive/give yourself a penalty? Because it would require nearly the entirety of the free map to win against you simply because of the conquering rules, and I doubt players would all work together, meaning defeat is inevitable.

How fast will I get smashed if I pop into Germany? How hard will it be for me to expand?

Why is the EC mostly concentrated in north-east Russia? And is that their capitol nested between that HUGE cluster of factories? It looks slightly lighter.

1. The thing is that the EC is experiencing heavy revolts. Currently, any thought of reuniting its former territories are completely insane and impossible. This is why Charamismatic Leaders (AKA You.) are rising, the EC can't possiblely stop you from rising. They cannot mount any kind of Offencive, although if attack one of their remaining enclaves they are perfectly capable of retaliating. The idea is that you need help from other players to fight off the EC and claim the generous prises. However, the EC can't stay in revolt forever, so I would recommend making as much as your time as possible when the game starts.

For all intents and purposes, however, the EC can be considered a player. You can make alliances with it, but remember the old saying, "Never Trust an Alliance with the Powerful."

2. The Germanic Enclaves are considered idependent from each other in combat. Although, the Factories will still be able to lend a hand in defending againist player attacks. You will need quite some help to expand in Germany, especially in Earily game. And finding help without giving someone a good enough to will be hard, because the person who controls the German Region gets a HUGE bonus from all those factories.

3. Because thats where its capital is. Its the place the EC has managed to keep the most control. Russia is suppost to be the biggest thing of all, due to the power it has. If it starts expanding again, it will expand from Russia.

4. Shut-up.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 10:05:31 pm »

Are there any rules about attacking/colonising far away places?

Could a nation with all its provinces in northern Norway just colonise Cyprus?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 11:12:54 pm »

Well, I don't think I'll be joining. I just don't feel like it. And I'm too tired right now.

However, because I'm nice, I'll be working on a sexy sexy map filter that I can apply to any map the players post (just as long as it's the same size). I'll give you guys an example sometime possibly soon.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 01:38:46 am »

Country Name: The Archonate of Constantinople (I'm perfectly aware I don't hold the actual city)
Country Government: Semi-Oligarchy.
Country Poltical Alignement: Socially Central Left. Economically, Centre. Politically Far Right.
Country Colour: Green
Leader Name: High Archon Balkir Demir
Leader Bio*: A citizen of of old Turkey, he lived in Istanbul. When the nation fell, he fled with friends and family to the other side of the strait. At first, everything went well. They lived comfortably and farmed for food. But then a group of raiders came and took everything. At that, Balkir felt that order needed to be restored. He set up a group of vigilantes to protect the area, eventually it spread to the region, and then eventually the group encompassed such a large area it was practically a nation. Balkir had read his books; democracies while nice, were not quick to decide, so he chose to set up a council to rule the territory, with him at the head. He called the group the Archonate of Constantinople because it simply sounded cool.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dark green=capital province
green=province
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:59:51 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 07:46:32 am »

As far as I can see on the map, you don't control a manufactory.

The rules are written in a fairly confusing way, so here is my interpretation.

Spoiler: Azkul's interpretation (click to show/hide)

Please forgive me if I just didn't see the map correctly, I have poor eyesight.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 07:48:16 am »

Well im more confused than i thought...thought black was part of the EC. will fix.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 07:54:10 am »

Well im more confused than i thought...thought black was part of the EC. will fix.

The black manufactories are only part of the EC if they are surrounded by grey territories (normal EC territories)

Similarly, manufactories are only yours if they are surrounded by your provinces.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 08:00:35 am »

Ok, there. I hope I did it right. Good night...
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 08:07:41 am »

Black provinces are manufactories.
Grey provinces are owned by the EC.
You cannot directly own a manufactory, you control it if all surrounding provinces are owned.
You may take 10 starting provinces.
One manufactory must be encircled by some of your provinces
Four of your provinces shall be designated a capital province (in a darker colour)
Note: The manufactory does not count towards your 10 provinces, it is owned indirectly.

Everything here is ok, except for the part in bold. It is possible to start in a place without a manufactory, in which case I will allow you to place a manuufactory.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 08:27:32 am »

Pages: 1 [2]