Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Roll to Dig - Terraria RTD - Now with 400% more an update  (Read 18365 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

My understanding is he's making a game, or at least programming for one.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well a combination of that and and working my ass off to make up for the fact that I was unemployed for several months, and am down below 50 dollars to my name and need to very quickly get back up to the point where I can pay my bills. These updates take time, you know!

Anyways, update tomorrow morning (EST), I'll send out a nice PM to let everyone know when it's done since people probably aren't checking this anymore. :P

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glyph, if you start another game drop me a message.
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No pressure glyph. Much more important to focus on your work.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is now afternoon.

freeformschooler
Eat a mushroom, then attempt to escape the water.
[3]
Unfortunately, it's incredibly dark, and you have great difficulty getting out. With some effort, you can get up high enough to get some air off a jump, but you can't get out. You quickly down a mushroom, its regenerative properties swiftly working away at your body to repair most of the damage the bat dealt, but you're still very trapped in this watery pit.
freeformschooler has gained 20 health
22 health remains
freeformschooler has stopped drowning!
freeformschooler is drowning!o o o

Ahra
try to loose them.
[1]
You attempt to loosen them up, but they are far too tightly wound.
It's too late, they've caught up to you, and started juggling you around like a toy. There is nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide.
Eater of Souls attacks! [3] You try to dodge... [4] and quickly dive out of the way. Another Eater is there waiting, however, [4] but you [6] leaps forward, leaping onto the creature, placing a foot directly in its eye before pulling an insane back flip right off its face, completely bypassing the third eater in the process.
Potential Unlocked! Master Evader! You gain a +1 bonus to dodge rolls!
Still two more to go, though... the first sweeps in at you, [1] but is so confused by your elite maneuvers that it crashes into one of the other eaters instead, and the last one [2] doesn't fair much better. You ([3]+1=4) easily avoid its attack, and try once more to lose the group. [6] As they mill about contemplating their failed attack, you dive behind some cover, and lose them amongst the thorns.
Potential Unlocked! AI Manipulator - Eater of Souls! You gain a +1 bonus to all rolls against Eaters of Souls - you've fought or escaped from them enough to have a good idea of their strengths, weaknesses, and movement patterns!
You try to stealth your way down to the field, and avoid regaining the Eater's attentions ([2]+1+1), and barely manage to pull it off. The Eaters [1][1][3][1][6] begin fighting themselves over their collisions and anger at having lost their prey - with the exception of one, who raises far in the air and heads towards the field in case he can find some new soul to devour.
You reach the field to find Nirur hard at work, and freeformschooler mysteriously absent. Maybe he didn't go this way?

Cerapa
Meh, I will jump up the chasm with my elite jumping skills.
[1]
You have no elite jumping skills. In fact, you get halfway up and then fall to your death. Well, you would have if you weren't so damn lucky in regards to fall damage. Instead, you just fall back down to the bottom. However, you DO here a *tink* *tink* *tink* from one wall to the other, working its way down the chasm... You pull out your torch to see what the sound could be, and [4] two Eater's of Souls immediately home in on the light and head for your position.

Nirur
Rapidly construct a basic wooden trap-door to plug the hole and then get inside.
[4]
Unfortunately, you'd need a workbench for that, and you're some wood short of being able to build both. You head further afield, finding another tree, and quickly take to chopping it down. [5] It's a good size tree, and you get a good sized haul. [6]->[6]->[3]+[5]+[1]x2=42. Okay, make that an enormous tree and a tremendous haul. You are now flush with wood from continuing to chop like a boss. You head back, trying to quickly fashion a workbench [1] but are interrupted by [1] a green slime, which launches itself at your head [1], flying by you and landing in the hole freeformschooler had dug. Huh.

Time is now going to speed up a bit. Every turn will progress the clock forward a tick from Dawn -> Noon -> Afternoon -> Dusk -> Midnight -> Wee Hours -> Dawn.
Also, you can now use potions/healing items every other turn instead of every third turn.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:28:39 am by GlyphGryph »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dig - Terraria RTD - Now with 400% more an update
« Reply #230 on: June 25, 2011, 10:20:32 am »

*wheeze whezee* oh hi niruir i thought i wouldnever find any living thing except those eaters
dig an basic wall with an opening
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 25, 2011, 10:52:59 am »

"Let's get a wall up in case they find us. I have plenty of wood ... Here, I found some mushrooms that seem to have regenerative properties."

Eat a mushroom. Give three mushrooms to Ahra. Build a workbench and the trap-door for the hole. Allow Ahra to take some wood for defenses.

(Freeformschooler: You're in danger, yes, but you should be able to stay alive until I can save you, and the eaters are more of an immediate threat.)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:54:58 am by Nirur Torir »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2011, 02:44:06 pm »

I'll just flail around until saved. Rise to the surface ASAP for a breath of air!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2011, 01:47:13 pm »

Okay, so I guess there will be no Cerapa action this update?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2011, 02:14:56 pm »

Shit, shit, shit!
Both for forgetting to post here, and for getting two Eaters on my ass, actually, that does add up to 3 shits...

Anyway, I try to move upwards even with my decidedly non-elite jumping skills, but attack the eaters if they come close.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2011, 12:06:38 pm »

bump?
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]