Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Roll to Dig - Terraria RTD - Now with 400% more an update  (Read 18368 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

No fair, you updated twice when I was sleeping.

Hmmm....should I?
Yes, yes I should.
I blow up the ground under my feet with my dynamite, I climb higher before so I dont get caught in the blast of course.

Too bad I dont have a hammer in case there is an orb. AND HOLY SHIT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW I WOULD FALL DOWN A HOLE!

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eat a mushroom, then chop down a tree.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is now noon.

freeformschooler
Explore the cavern more, or if it's already all explored, attempt to head back up.
[1]
While exploring the cavern, which is actually pretty large, a bat swoops at you. You try to dodge[2], but fail miserably. He hits you so hard you go flying[1] off the edge of a cliff and land[4] in a pool of water. Unfortunately, the sides of the pool are steep.
freeformschooler has taken 24 damage
freeformschooler is drowning!
Along with you at the bottom of the pool are [5] 2 ceramic pots, oddly enough.

Ahra
Attempt to stealthily get to freeform.
[1]
+1=2
You get ready to jump over the chasm, but stumble onto some thorns. You take [6]+[5]=11 damage from the thorns, and let out a scream of surprise. The Eaters of Souls that have been accumulating all turn towards you, and begin approaching. You [3] start to panic, and run to jump over the chasm, [4] barely making it to the other side as you slip and scrabble to keep from falling inside.
You are now on the other side of the chasm, and have pretty much a clear run to the field, but you have [5] Eater of Souls about to get all up in your grill.
You here a tremendous explosion from the bottom of the chasm.

Cerapa (who has actually fallen down two holes already, though the first was on a "lucky" roll and wouldn't have happened if he hadn't had the horseshoe ;))
I blow up the ground under my feet with my dynamite, I climb higher before so I dont get caught in the blast of course.
[4]
You pull out your torch, lighting the fairly sheer walls of the cavern, and then lighting your stick of dynamite. barely manage to get out of the blast radius of the dynamite by huddling on a tiny ledge that was nearly out of your reach. Ebonstone goes flying through the air, showering you with debris. You have gained access to another, smaller room under the chasm, and liquid darkness seems to almost ooze from it.

Nirur
Eat a mushroom, then chop down a tree.
[6]
You quickly devour a mushroom.
Gained 20 health
You then chop down the tree like a boss. Insane. You get [5]+[1]=12 wood. You get [1] no acorns.
Potential unlocked! Treechopper 1000 - You get double the wood from chopped down trees.

Materials +update for last couple turns:
Nirur: 12 Wood
freeformschooler: 8 Dirt, 3 [gold ore], +5 slime
Cerapa: 30 ebonsone
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:58:55 am by GlyphGryph »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eat a mushroom, then attempt to escape the water.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

try to loose them.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(GlyphGryph, my character sheet is missing my last two skills.
I'll help you out of the water next turn if you're still there, Freeformschooler.
Cerapa, please do not attempt to destroy any shadow orbs.
Ahra, I have three mushrooms for you if you can reach me without getting us all killed off violently.)

Rapidly construct a basic wooden trap-door to plug the hole and then get inside.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, the character sheets get updated haphazardly. I should really do better on that...

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What made you decide you were going to go for a survival style (as in, inevitably our numbers will dwindle, permadeath etc) RTD glyph? Just because it was your first game?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This isn't my first game!

Well I suppose its my first proper game, not counting my last Roll to Die...

I was actually going to do respawning but then I realized I would have committed myself to hosting this forever and I had a panic attack so now death means something, whoo! I much rather a game end with everyone dead than end abandoned, and trust me I do not have the commitment to not abandon a game that doesn't look like it will be coming to a close. ;)

Plus things are more interesting to me this way, heheh.

Also, Cerapa, if you destroy the shadow orb you may get an AWESOME ITEM! Don't you want an AWESOME ITEM? Then don't listen to Nirur!
Oh, and Ahra should be compelled to throw his hammer down the chasm for no particular reason... ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:18:16 am by GlyphGryph »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome item?

HULK SMASH!

Would someone give me a hammer before please?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could always yell up the chasm for someone to throw one down, you know Nirur and Ahra were following you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think either Nirur or Ahra are going to let you have that hammer, for fear of EoW.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

what hammer? we dont have any  ???
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sean had the hammer...

Someone go loot his corpse!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You do realize, I hope, that taking an omnicidal GM's advice to perform a highly risky action is generally a Bad Idea? Much like letting elves live.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16