Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Boxing Ball of Flesh  (Read 2593 times)

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
Re: Boxing Ball of Flesh
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 01:14:43 pm »

Similarly I managed to capture a bronze colossus and use it to train my archers.  It's behind fortifications with a burrow set up right on the other side of the fortifications.  When I want to train my archers, I tell them to go defend that burrow.  They get there and open fire, but because it's behind th fortifications, the colossus can't fight back.  Plus it's virtually immune to any kind of damage short of falling, so they can shoot it for years without killing it.  It's about the most perfect archery training tool ever, although I do go through bins and bins of bolts. 

Now if only I could find some fleshballs to train them in hammering skills too.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 01:19:19 pm »

Somehow it sould seem logical if the hammers simply squished the blobs... Maybe they regain their original shape?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 01:51:58 pm »

Somehow it sould seem logical if the hammers simply squished the blobs... Maybe they regain their original shape?
flesh balls are large as a dwarf (70 kg) and use muscle template for tissue so i'd guess they are "springy". I think they are just ideal for punching and hammering, though i'd assign my hammerdwarves wooden xbows in order not to actually beat the things to death.
Also, it would be great if you could assign tame flesh balls to important dwarves so that the balls take the beating and hammering instead of them when a mandate is missed.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 02:22:02 pm »

And that's how dwarven hamburgers are prepared!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 02:47:03 pm »

Am I the only one who thinks that the mental image of dwarves using giant fleshy balls for boxing pratice is quite hilarious? (and just as disturbing)

Guess I'm spending too much time playing the Genesis Mod...
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 02:48:47 pm »

Okay I've never seen these things, but the idea of punching a monstrous, bald, dwarf-sized tribble is fantastic. You should be able to have dwarven tennis matches by swatting them through fortifications used as a "net".

Ninja'd.... but no it's not just you.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 10:12:46 am »

And that's how dwarven hamburgers are prepared!

Side cut of dwarven hamburger:

*Dog Tallow Biscuit*
!!Flesh Ball Mutilated Corpse!!
*Dog Tallow Biscuit*
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 01:33:50 pm »

Not very appetizing...

Probably because of the !!Flesh Ball Mutilated Corpse!!.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 02:13:14 pm »

But it's tender and flamegrilled. And guaranteed to be bone-free as well.

[Edit]

Besides, I'm pretty sure you can't fit a 70 kg ball of flesh into a hamburger without mutilating it.

[Edit-edit]

Probably.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:14:52 pm by FoiledFencer »
"Lithrushâst Kúdlizat: Fetidfur, the slick notch, a grizzly bear leather loincloth. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc, decorated with grizzly bear leather and encircled with bands of grizzly bear leather. This object menaces with spikes of grizzly bear leather."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 04:52:59 pm »

[Edit]

Besides, I'm pretty sure you can't fit a 70 kg ball of flesh into a hamburger without mutilating it.

[Edit-edit]

Probably.
You can't mutilate the corpse in the first place. That requires you to chop off a body part, and flesh blobs only have a body.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 05:57:37 pm »

I had a few episodes of flesh balls pushing dogs and incapacitated dorfs to death... can they damage and alert armored dorf?

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 06:36:14 pm »

Wait so nobody is commenting on how a dog tallow BISCUIT is trying to be the 'cover' for this 70kg flesh corpse? Is a biscuit really that huge?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

buzz killington

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 06:47:11 pm »

Wait so nobody is commenting on how a dog tallow BISCUIT is trying to be the 'cover' for this 70kg flesh corpse? Is a biscuit really that huge?

I think you underestimate the appetite of a dwarf.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2011, 06:50:16 pm »

I had a few episodes of flesh balls pushing dogs and incapacitated dorfs to death

I call this: The teabagging of doooOOOOoooooom.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

FoiledFencer

• Bay Watcher
  • keepin' it feudal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 02:53:55 am »

[Edit]

[Edit-edit]

Probably.
You can't mutilate the corpse in the first place. That requires you to chop off a body part, and flesh blobs only have a body.

Legendary Butcher. Generations of dwarves will marvel at the tales of how he could expertly mince anything with anything.
Pages: 1 [2]