Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Legendary child  (Read 2349 times)

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary child
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 04:00:53 pm »

Unless you use Dwarf Therapist to enable certain labors on the children. I have, at different times, had children gathering plants, slaving away in the smelter, and being solely responsible for pouring out bone items.

...you can have kids work using dwarf therapist? interesting >.> guess "children do as they please" ISNT SO TRUE ANYMORE EH FUCKERS!

Indeed! Though, you do have to change an option in DT to enable it, and the option does call you a cheater for doing so. <.<
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 04:56:14 pm »

In Therapist, click "Options->General", the check box is labeled "Allow Labor Setting on Anyone (I'm a Dirty Cheater)".  I've used this to make children masons, mechanics, and weapon/armor smiths, because I hate having a dozen wood/bone/stone crafters running around.  It is also useful for setting labors on Nobles, or at least it was in 40d, where nobles wouldn't work.  Maybe not so much, now.

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.

analog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 08:36:39 pm »

This could be nothing more than a lucid dream but I remember enabling furnace operating on all kids with therapist and eventually having some of the little rascals going fey and making metal artifacts...

They became legendary furnace operators though...

I just hope anyone can corroborate this
A dwarf is a short, bearded, drunk embodiment of Survival of the Fittest, chasing you around and admiring your haunting moos.
Pages: 1 [2]