Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Slightly less stupid dwarves  (Read 1424 times)

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slightly less stupid dwarves
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 07:49:42 pm »

I tend to dump all the stone from an area I am going to build things in because of this, also just because it makes things look cleaner.

ullrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 06:44:12 pm »

An horrible addition to this that I've only had occur with .19 so far, and both times forcing me to save scum (don't want to loose my 20+ lamb farm) ......

I designate a wall to be built (blocking my hallway before my door comes down from the troll siege, Ive had an ambush/siege every single season since year 2), the mason carries the stone block to the site drops it on where the wall is supposed to be built, then suspends the wall because the block is occupying the site of the wall that the block is supposed to build....  AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!!!!

Ullrich cancels Work: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
Dwarf Fortress: Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 11:20:57 pm »

Dwarves do things in a very specific way. If they were ever less 'stupid' they would also be unpredictable, which would make them even more stupid. It is better that they stick to their way of doing things.

It really doesn't take much planning to make jobs run smoothly. Don't moan about the dwarves, they aren't intelligent. The player is expected to provide all the intelligence.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.
Pages: 1 [2]