Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Room designations and extra furniture  (Read 3540 times)

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
Re: Room designations and extra furniture
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 06:53:05 pm »

The problem I've had with dwarves claiming rooms is that they had a tendancy to sleep on the nearest bed, regardless of who(if anyone) owned it, whether or not they had one themselves, which prevented them from claiming a room. This might have been an older version, and it might have been fixed for .18, but I've been assigning each room individually(and they've been sleeping in their assigned rooms).

This bug has been fixed. :)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 08:15:45 pm »

Additional note: if you put chairs and tables in the bedrooms, dwarves will use them instead of your main dining room. If you've put a lot of effort into making a legendary dining room and you want the dwarves to get the related happy thoughts, don't put chairs and tables in their rooms.

Obviously, nobels are the exception since they require individual rooms.
This also has the effect of making your dwarves very unlikely to make friends.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 09:22:00 pm »

Additional note: if you put chairs and tables in the bedrooms, dwarves will use them instead of your main dining room. If you've put a lot of effort into making a legendary dining room and you want the dwarves to get the related happy thoughts, don't put chairs and tables in their rooms.

Obviously, nobels are the exception since they require individual rooms.
This also has the effect of making your dwarves very unlikely to make friends.

Friends + Partial Fun = Tantrum Spiral = Total FUN

I'm giving every single dwarf their own personal legendary dining room. Just to avoid nobles tantrumming with the ‼☼not-bluemetal-hammer☼‼'s, nobles get legendaryer dining rooms.
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 09:25:21 pm »

Burning platinum warhammers.  The world cannot survive.  Speaking of flaming weapons, I've been debating the combat effectiveness of making dwarves fireproof and making their weapons burn.  Perhaps turn that into a "fire incubus" race though...

I'm getting off-topic though.
Pages: 1 [2]