Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56587 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.
« Reply #465 on: March 16, 2011, 03:52:54 pm »

You shouldn't count on anybody to do your scumhunting for you. Only you can do that.

And never fake claim a role you don't have as town ever again. Just, don't.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 16, 2011, 04:52:49 pm »

Web:
It was a very nice flavor, but I really didn't like the fact that IC could vote and play :(
Noted. We were having a discussion about Beginner Mafia and ICing. The problem is that ICs tend to be distracted away from games if they aren't involved.

I know it's probably tough on you newbies, but it's also a step into more advanced Mafia. What part did you not like the most, or how could it have been better otherwise?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 16, 2011, 04:55:56 pm »

Posting to follow discussion on ICs.

I'm not sure about my feelings on it now myself.  We might need to do a few more test runs before we have more solid data, or a lot more information on personal experiences.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 16, 2011, 04:57:53 pm »

I just with I had been able to participate properly.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 16, 2011, 05:06:31 pm »

I realise I was lurking pretty heavily at LYLO, and I do think I could have done better. This was rather a disappointment compared to the last one.

Web:
It was a very nice flavor, but I really didn't like the fact that IC could vote and play :(
Noted. We were having a discussion about Beginner Mafia and ICing. The problem is that ICs tend to be distracted away from games if they aren't involved.

I know it's probably tough on you newbies, but it's also a step into more advanced Mafia. What part did you not like the most, or how could it have been better otherwise?

The thing is, I think I'm more okay with attacking and being around a whole bunch of experienced players than I am with playing ICs. It's mainly because I still see them as my mentor, and I kinda slip into this deferential mindset.
I found it difficult to build a case on any of them, because I didn't want to lynch the teachers (who were definitely the most valuable players). If they were to be treated more like normal players, or had the opportunity to carry on teaching regardless of what had happened, maybe I'd have been more willing in my advances against them.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]