Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56594 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 3: Jim Groovester Is Out Of Sync
« Reply #435 on: March 13, 2011, 06:10:24 pm »

Goddamn deadlocks. Somebody needs to switch votes, it seems.

LNCP Why you insist that my SD vote was based only on his inactivity ? Also what's your opinion on toaster play so far ?

Because you've said nearly nothing after the vote on Painiac. You haven't provided much reasoning, nor have you made any kind of attack against him. The only post you have is a comment of his claim.

Goddammit, I missed one post.

The thing is, your reasons for voting Painiac was inactivity, and that argument is now invalid for St. D (seeing as you said "All my previous reasons are still standing"). What reasons do you have for voting him?

Toaster, though remaining calm, isn't posting as much as I'd like him to or doing much investigation on other people. I don't have many reasons to suspect him at this point, though.

Well at this point it all comes to one question in my opinion : Do SD claim is false or not ?
Of course if he's lying he's obviously scum,but if his claim is true it really don't change anything except clearing him.
Problem lies in the question why would he lie about this claim if he were scum. He could as well vote me to get to lynch situation,he wasn't in dire need of defense at the moment he claimed. If that wouldn't be enough he could back it up with cop claim calling me scum and other townie to help them decide to vote me. But why would he try headless attacks like that ?  Still if he can't prove that he wants scum lynched vote stands. Right now i'm leaning to the option that the claim is false but he must give something more about his reasoning.

What I think is most likely is that he tried to use a falseclaim to strengthen his authority, and proceeded to attack some random town without any proper arguments.

I had a small hunch when I got lynched.

since there was a replacement needed I thought I would replace in to help.

That was when I found out that painiac is cop.
Obviously I got Very excited when I saw his inspects.

The current vote distribution is shit.

That's right tyberix, I wouldn't have any reason to call a fake roleclaim as scum, since I could just put my vote on you with toaster and LNP,(who If not scum he would just be following the IC's reasoning along with some of his own...)since you got enough against you to vote for already from toasters and LNP's reasonings.

Toaster And LNP
Lets see your reasonings for voting Tyberix again please.

Okay reading a few pages from when LNP replaced in I noticed that he had you in mind as a target already, didn't he tyberix?

And wait...
They were both after you because Of non-commitment...
Wasn't Japa non-committal on D1? I was too, but japa and toaster didn't really care about it for some reason...

They were kinda twisting your words aren't they?

"A small hunch"? Is that all you have to go on?

Blatant buddying, it seems. You're defending Tyberix and trying to woo him with your words. Your scumminess becomes ever more clear.

My reasoning is outlined here, and I don't think I need to rewrite it.

Not just passivity. My points are outlined above.

Japa was non-committal, but there were more blatantly scummy people around. I did pay attention to it. He wouldn't be accusing himself of passivity, obviously.

Twisting his words how, SaintDraze?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 13, 2011, 06:39:45 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Ottofar -
lordnincompoop -
Tyberix - lordnincompoop, Toaster
SaintDraze - Ottofar, Tyberix
Toaster - SaintDraze

Not Voting -

Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 14, 2011, 09:02:24 am »

Ottofar:  That's not really our fault.  Take the time to give your opinion on everyone, and back it up with references- especially the person you're voting.

Tyberix:  This is a beginner's game.  I'm going to be more lenient on small slips.  When they are validated by genuine disinterest in the game as a whole (not as genuine disinterest in finding scum because you are scum), I'm going to ignore him.  Japa's play is pretty much null now, so I need to scan LNCP on his D2/3 play.

Do you want me to convict LNCP because the person he replaced didn't like the game?

SaintDraze:  You're still not providing anything to back up your case, so let me reiterate:

[If you want to build a solid case, you need to provide links or quotes of your targets posts that demonstrate scummy behavior.  Take those posts and explain how each one is scummy, then summarize the case.  Put together, that is how you convince people.  Without anything to back it up, your argument holds no water.]

[This applies to everyone, not just him.]

You also didn't answer this:

SaintDraze:
!$#@ I forgot a part to add...

toaster,
Why do you think ottofar would be the godfather?

?

So why didn't you claim that in your first post?

In any case, you should really start trying to figure out which of those two is a Godfather, because you clearly hit one.

I never said that.  Do you know something I don't, hmm?

As for what you wanted from me, the bulk of it is here.  Strike out the D1 part- it was later proven wrong.

Toaster And LNP
Lets see your reasonings for voting Tyberix again please.

Okay reading a few pages from when LNP replaced in I noticed that he had you in mind as a target already, didn't he tyberix?

And wait...
They were both after you because Of non-commitment...
Wasn't Japa non-committal on D1? I was too, but japa and toaster didn't really care about it for some reason...

They were kinda twisting your words aren't they?

This is deflection.  It's scummy because you're trying to move attention away from Tyberix onto me and Japa/LNCP without addressing the original point.

LNCP:  Sorry- busy weekend.

To everyone:

Let me re-reiterate the importance of backing up your attacks.  If you say "PlayerA is scum!  It's obvious!" you don't really have a case.  If you say "PlayerA is scum!  Here are posts A B and C where he did scummy thing X Y and Z" with quotes and links, people will listen to you.  This applies double at LYLO, and triple to the person you're voting at LYLO.

If I'm missing anything, let me know.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 14, 2011, 11:34:46 am »

Damn it SaintDraze! Stop buddying me ! If you want to convince me you should do it by logic not something like that !
I'm going to re-vote you SaintDraze just for emphasis how bad that was. Give me reasons !

Say what's your opinion on everybody without backing it up with "insidious plan of global domination hidden from our sight".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 14, 2011, 11:16:01 pm »

I have tried to motivate you to post.  I left questions for people to respond to, and my post was ignored.  If you want to hand this game to the scum, go ahead and continue not to post.  This goes double for those who logged in today and didn't post in the thread (you know who you are.)

If you want to do this, get on and post.  Extend if you need more time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 15, 2011, 06:30:52 am »

I was alternating between asleep, busy and browsing from phone yesterday, so sorry about that.

I think I said this before, but just to be clear: Extend.

I'm frustrated, and quite frankly a little angry at how St. D refuses to answer or respond to my posts, and refuses to back his posts at all.

Tyberix now has little to no content in his posts and does only token investigation. He very rarely, if at all responds to posts directed at him. He still hasn't given me his reasons for voting St. D, and to me it just looks like he's voting to fake emotions and look town.

I'm not sure which one is scummier, at this point.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 15, 2011, 06:59:51 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Ottofar -
lordnincompoop -
Toaster - SaintDraze

Not Voting -

It's not really a good idea to tie the votes, and it's never a good idea to NOT POST.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 15, 2011, 07:55:40 am »

Nah tyberix has enough reason to vote me now, I have no reason for my actions because I can't find the post that tipped me off to toasters nefarious intentions...

Or Japas either...

I was also a large source of disruption for the past 2 days...

I know that toaster and japa are scum but I can't find the reasoning anywhee :(

Since this is a beginners game I am going to wait until this is over and ask toaster and jim what I could have done....

Theres no real point for me to scum hunt since I know that toaster and LNP(slightest chance that he may not be scum) are the ones who Ooged in the oogeroooog
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 15, 2011, 09:38:01 am »

Ask yourself this, then:  If you can't find reasoning to back up your suspicions, are your suspicions actually right?

Theres no real point for me to scum hunt since I know that toaster and LNP(slightest chance that he may not be scum) are the ones who Ooged in the oogeroooog

This is fundamentally wrong.  You ALWAYS need to hunt.  Never quit, never stop, never let up.  This is a game with the possibilities of a Godfather- you can't explicitly trust your inspections.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 15, 2011, 09:41:26 am »

Also, there's no need to wait- I will tell (and have told) you what to do- provide evidence to back up your attacks.  If you can't find the evidence, reassess and determine if you're really on the right track.  It's easy to convince yourself of something and get tunnel vision, losing sight of everything else in the game.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 15, 2011, 12:58:30 pm »

You're running out of time, town. A no lynch results in a town loss, you know.

Get your shit together.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 15, 2011, 07:58:35 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Ottofar -
lordnincompoop -
Toaster - SaintDraze

Not Voting -

It has been almost 48 hours since Tyberix, lordnincompoop, and Ottofar posted. Not only that, but the lack of activity is just disappointing. I'm not planning on extending the Day for you guys, so I'd suggest using the last HOUR you have to get your crap together or lose.

Interested?!?

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 15, 2011, 08:07:35 pm »

Welp, I got my vote but I can't explain my reasoning...
tyberix and ottofar....

Look deep into your hearts...
Now If they aren't telling you to listen to me,
Disregard it completly, It's just toaster's vile trickery!

Why do they still have their votes on you tyberix?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 15, 2011, 08:44:49 pm »

Welp, I got my vote but I can't explain my reasoning...

Why aren't you listening to Toaster? You should be listening to Toaster.

If he says you need reasons for your vote, then you need motherfucking reasons for your motherfucking vote.

Saying you can't explain your reasons is tantamount to not having any. If you can't express them, you shouldn't be voting on them.

I don't want to come back from the dead to smack some sense in you but apparently the heavy hand of the undead is necessary to get you to listen to what people are telling you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 15, 2011, 08:58:10 pm »

4 minutes till day end...

I will be damned if I let this end on a no lynch

Tyberix

He's doing jack shit...

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32