Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56595 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 3: Jim Groovester Is Out Of Sync
« Reply #450 on: March 15, 2011, 09:54:10 pm »

"Ooga ooga," exclaimed no one, since SaintDraze and Toaster are clearly the only ones playing. They looked at each other, and back at the spot where Tyberix, lordnincompoop, and Ottofar were sitting mere seconds ago.

"Ooga?" asked SaintDraze.

"Ooga," replied Toaster, shrugging his shoulders.

SaintDraze, dawning his paper-mâché sheriff's badge, reading "Ooga" in gold printing, picks up his pointy-stick and heads for the now-open opening.

Toaster, though clearly evil, what with his mischievous smile and blood-covered pointy-stick, exits with him. He'd be under arrest if SaintDraze were a real cop.

"Ooga ooga," cried the relieved onlookers. They had been trapped in there for a whole 30 cavedays! Which translates out to about 20 minutes.

Jim Groovester's voice echoed from the cavern, hate-filled and poisonous. "OOGA OOGA OOGA!!!" He was right to be mad. There were several, several, several reasons to be mad.

And the two lived happily ever after until Toaster murdered him in his sleep about 25 minutes later.

Vote Count
------------------------
Ottofar -
lordnincompoop -
Tyberix - lordnincompoop, Toaster, SaintDraze,
SaintDraze - Ottofar, Tyberix,
Toaster -

Not Voting -

Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

Tyberix has been lynched!

Tyberix was a Townie (town).

Game Over! Toaster wins. Ottofar doesn't, since he stopped playing.

And that's the game, guys. Not only did one person seemingly vanish into thin air, the remaining players simply stopped playing at the end. Not good. Not. Good.

SaintDraze WOULD get credit for playing, but he fakeclaimed Cop as a Townie, which ironically DID have him have the correct lynch. Other than that, he was active, but lacking in actually persuasion.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.
« Reply #451 on: March 15, 2011, 09:57:03 pm »

Shit eh?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 15, 2011, 10:34:21 pm »

eh, oh well.

this sucks.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 15, 2011, 10:36:29 pm »

Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed. This was the worst LYLO I've seen in ages. There's no comfort, no recourse, no glory in a win by either town or scum in a game "won" by non-participation. As far as I'm concerned, everyone of the last five lost by default. It sucks to see a game end like this. Please, newbies, take this as the lesson learned from BMXXI: LURKING KILLS GAMES. If you sign up for a game, it's minimal decency and courtesy to play the fucking game you signed up to play. If you don't, you're ruining the experience not just for you, but for everyone else involved. Shame on you, a pox on your houses, and your meta not-withstanding I'll be wary of playing with you in the future (especially Ottofar, Tyberix & Poop, who didn't deign to post; STD may be clueless, but at least he's around. Ottofar: double shame on you: you should know better than to let a game die whether you're scum or not). Some of those alive before LYLO weren't much better either. You know who you are (and so does wuba).

That being said, I at least take a small amount of glee in having pegged Toaster as scum earlier. I wasn't sure if his partner was Ottofar or Tyberix, but by the end it mattered little. Both played abysmally and are not worth of being victors regardless of alignment. Toaster of course played with one hand tied behind his back, even as scum trying to help townies peg him as scum; but they didn't even try, but still, I can't help but like the fact that I knew...

I sincerely hope this does not set a trend among BM games. Sure, some have been active, some have been lurky, but this was shameful beyond words, and I hope it is remembered by players, mods, and the attendance board, when these indecent infractors try to join more games.

Final thought: Wuba: I loved the flavour. The OOGA OOGA cavemen, the fake sheriff badge, the pointy sticks, the adventure in the loincloth, they were all great, and were as pearls cast before the lurking swine. The Game was Great. But YOU PEOPLE WERE NOT WORTHY.

Fucking newbies nowadays. Don't know respect for the old ways. Someone get them off my fucking lawn and SHOOT them!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:00:40 pm by Book »
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 15, 2011, 10:54:08 pm »

Yes, I know. I am ashamed.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 16, 2011, 12:26:47 am »

Yeah. Sorry.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 16, 2011, 12:34:46 am »

First things first, everything Toaster said was still 100% true, even though he was scum. Everything he did was very much exemplary of good town play. It is also exemplary of good scum play. Perfect scum play and perfect town play are completely indistinguishable from each other. So no matter whether you were town or scum you can still learn a very great deal by looking at Toaster's play.

I hope everyone sees the importance of activity. If you don't participate, games are going to die, and that sucks for everybody.

Nobody should be beating themselves up for not recognizing that Toaster and Ottofar were scum. Recognizing those scum tells will come with experience. The things I want you to take away from this game are good scumhunting habits, like participating frequently, being aggressive, and asking questions frequently. Everything else will come with time.

That's not to say there aren't areas of improvement already. I was perfectly satisfied with this game up until lylo, where suddenly everyone was quiet. Don't do that again. I hope that's a lesson learned, and let's just move on.

If you've got questions, ask them, and I'll do my best to answer them.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 16, 2011, 08:04:21 am »

What happened?

D1 and D2 were fine.  D3 started badly (and I'll take some of the blame for that- I didn't do a very good job at first of trying to get you to not lurk), had a good spurt of activity for half a day, then sputtered and died.

SaintDraze, I kept mentioning the Godfather because I knew you were lying!  Not only was Ottofar scum, but we had blocked you N2.  Fake claiming an investigative role as town is... well, I guess it'd be a possible claim if you wanted to trick scum into NKing you, but trying to build a case out of it is not going to work.  You were right about me for the wrong reasons- I would have voted Super D1 as town too.

LNCP:  You're a good hunter, just don't lurk like that!

Ottofar:  Well, you're at least consistent in your lurking...

Tyberix:  You were close to the right answer (that my case on you sucked badly) but you didn't push it enough.  I think you've about got this if you don't lurk away at the end when things aren't going your way.

Jim:  Sorry for killing you, but you know how it goes.  We intentionally let you live N1 so you could help more (among other reasons.)  You did a great job otherwise (better than me).

Web:  Thanks for hosting!  Sorry that I wasn't as good as I should have been.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 16, 2011, 10:08:43 am »

:( I feel like a jerk. I seriously need to punch myself into face. Sorry for that. I swear, you will never see this kind of lurking from me again.(right after this post i go to other games threads :|)

Never have guessed that ottofar was the second, my last suspects were toaster and saint draze pulling some kind of wacky gambit on us. That's at least part true :| I was going even to say that toaster was pointing us into good way with his last post but if we i just acted then we could have pushed it through, i feel even worse about that... On the other hand never would have guessed somebody have the guts or be insane enough to make fakeclaim on LYLO. I never put it into my calculations, i got lesson for another time :/ Anyway i should have tried pushing someone else than SD since i'm under impression he always acts the same regardless of his reasons. LNCP & toaster you're impossible to read point to you, after you attacked me i was seriously thinking i'm bad enough to town vote for me.

Great flavor but well it end bad because of us :( Sorry again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 16, 2011, 10:31:01 am »

Consider it a lesson learned, keep up participation in other threads, and you'll do fine.

Don't blindly trust cop claims- if you think the person is scum, keep pressuring them!  Gauge the scumminess of the claimant and the people they've reported results on.  If the results are completely opposite your views, you don't have to trust them.  On the other hand, townie fake claiming cop is so much of an edge case that it's not really something to consider (*scum* doing it is fair game, though.)

Study the cases of those attacking you- if you had gone after my case any harder it would have crumbled, leaving me scrambling for someone else to attack.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 16, 2011, 01:49:12 pm »

Great flavor but well it end bad because of us :( Sorry again.

Eh, for a Beginner's game you did fine. This extends to everybody who stuck through it to the end.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much for a beginner's effort.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 16, 2011, 03:26:30 pm »

wait...
You mean LNP wasn't scum?

Seriously?
That surpirises me...

It ended bad because of the beginning with me and supercharazad....
I know that you knew that I was lieing...

I should Have known that Ottofar was the other scum XP

and You WERE TIPPING US OFF! HAHahahaha!

It felt like It you were doing it...

But It also felt like japa and LNP were your lapdogs...
toaster can you please point out your tip offs, if it isn't to much to reveal your Malicious secrets?
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 16, 2011, 03:30:39 pm »

Tipoffs of what?  I thought Japa was stuck early on in a false either/or mentality, but prodding it proved otherwise.  As far as the cop thing, I was yelling Godfather to defend myself, to get you to question others, and (most importantly) get you to back up your case with reasoning.  As Jim and I said, if you can't back up your case, you don't really have one.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 16, 2011, 03:37:33 pm »

You were soooo close to convincing me SD,that if you have just posted few toaster quotes with even something basic i would believe you checked game history and it was your conclusion about it. You  seemed like it was emotional outburst, and i cannot take it seriously.And i agree ottofar was out of the picture for me too :|.But that's funny trick with this claim i must admit :P

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 16, 2011, 03:44:57 pm »

Yep, I had Jack shit reasoning...
I was hoping Tyberix would have gone on the offensive against your reasonings after hearing my inspect info...

And when LNP attacked me It looked like a conformation of him being scum.

Web:
It was a very nice flavor, but I really didn't like the fact that IC could vote and play :(

I can't Quote Worth a shit! I knew I was close to persuading you! Hahaha
It was my bad entirely! D:
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32