Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vampires: Not just for adventure mode night creatures anymore!  (Read 3738 times)

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
Re: Vampires: Not just for adventure mode night creatures anymore!
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 08:43:29 am »

There's no "night" in Fortress Mode. There's no differentiation between day and night.

However, if they were purely subterranean vampires, that would make sense. I'm not sure what you'd call a subterranean vampire, but if he was sucking on the blood of dwarves, he'd be shortly headed to alcohol poisoning in very short order, thus being a self-solving problem.

We could have a tag similar to cave adapt for them maybe? Something that makes them considerably weaker, or pale while in the sunlight, but isn't going to outright kill them. That seems to me it would work best.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 08:57:18 am »

do they come with sparkly eyes?  :|
vampires would completely break the setting, this is no game for angsty teenagers. nightcreatures exist already, and it might be nice if they had some interaction with fortress mode, just don't expect them to be pale, charming, sociable bloodsuckers...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 10:01:14 am »

do they come with sparkly eyes?  :|
vampires would completely break the setting, this is no game for angsty teenagers. nightcreatures exist already, and it might be nice if they had some interaction with fortress mode, just don't expect them to be pale, charming, sociable bloodsuckers...

Dude, I am not talking about Twilight. I hate Twilight. They don't have to be sociable, either. Or charming. I was thinking more along the lines of Dracula (The one in the original book.)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 11:22:37 am »

I hate to point this out, but Count Dracula in Bram's book was a charming, sociable bloodsucker.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 01:20:42 pm »

Twilight doesn't even have sociable vampires.

So how the world did that come from?

It is nice when a being who has lived hundreds or even thousands of years has the resources to bring a lot to your civilisation.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 02:33:24 pm »

It is nice when a being who has lived hundreds or even thousands of years has the resources to bring a lot to your civilisation.

What, like Elves, or Goblins?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 02:34:14 pm »

We could go back to original vampires. Bodys of suicide victims buried in holy ground, arisen again to steal the life force of there family though sexual acts? Or we could have pale guys, who rip dwarfs limp from limp, and coat themselves in blood periodically. Any ways, I remember toady talking about them once, when he was designing night creatures. Mostly, I'm just really interested, in infectious trans-formative aliments, werewolves included, and not in the twilight way. Anyways, vampires have always been charming and seductive, I mean they used to have sex with you not suck your blood. You can't really just be like, hey baby, you and me in the back, and expect to suck out her soul, in a few minutes just in time for beer, and the game.
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2010, 03:10:21 pm »

Damn it. Doesn't matter if it's TV Tropes or wikipedia, those bloody links catch me every time. Thanks to the entrancing nature of these sites and their many links to other places, I can now identify an axe of Germanic design. Where does the time go?

P.S. TheyTarget. Vampires are not primarily about sex. Look up Incubi.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 03:41:40 am »

Damn it. Doesn't matter if it's TV Tropes or wikipedia, those bloody links catch me every time. Thanks to the entrancing nature of these sites and their many links to other places, I can now identify an axe of Germanic design. Where does the time go?

P.S. TheyTarget. Vampires are not primarily about sex. Look up Incubi.

No know I no. I'm just saying modern vampires are all kinda made up, with little but the fact they are dead being consistent. So jumping to the conclusion they are twilight vampires is just kinda random to me. Though I understand the concern, if toady started adding that, I would be modding it out, or moving on.
Pages: 1 [2]