Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What bug do you most want fixed?  (Read 1593 times)

Lord Licorice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/
Re: What bug do you most want fixed?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 03:14:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord:
<STRONG>Entrance-dancing tops my list. (That is, "Hey, I think I'll take a job which will require me to go outside to get to it, despite dwarves being required to stay inside. And then I will walk until I'm 2-12 steps outside before canceling and freaking out. And then a minute later I will take another outside job.")</STRONG>

I inadvertently discovered a way to get them to stop doing this.  I got sieged today, so I immediately ordered all my dwarves inside except for the military, and drew up the drawbridge leading to the only entrance to my fortress.  However, the gobbos are bugged; they're not even trying to approach my fortress after getting stuck on a brook.  They're slowly working their way down said brook, looking for a way to cross (there's a bridge, and the brook can be waded through, but the goblins appear to be dain bramaged or something and refuse to come at me).

In an effort to lure them up to get shot at, I dropped the drawbridge... and half my fort immediately ran up and started the doorway jig.  It turns out that if you remove your dwarves' ability to path to the jobs, they won't take the jobs at all and therefore won't dance in your doorway.

Edity: My own bug?  Animal Care.  I would really like to be able to nurse wounded animals back to health in some fashion, rather than having dying war dogs passing out all over my fortress because I don't want to slaughter them for fear of tantrums.  The dwarves would rather watch Scruffy yowl in agony for years than put the poor pup out of its misery.

[ January 21, 2008: Message edited by: Lord Licorice ]

Derp.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
Re: What bug do you most want fixed?
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 08:03:00 am »

Not to be negative, but are the UI and animal training really bugs?  More like incompletely implemented features.  Although I don't see what's wrong with the UI, myself.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast
Pages: 1 2 [3]