Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What bug do you most want fixed?  (Read 1591 times)

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: What bug do you most want fixed?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 06:39:00 pm »

The frequent crashing in adventure mode.

Crash on save, crash on region change, crash on certain terrain ... its bad.

Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 06:48:00 pm »

Really? I've played adventure mode for hours upon hours, made hundreds of adventurers in 7 worlds (first six ran out of drunks =P), and never gotten a crash. Do you mess with the raws much?
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 08:38:00 pm »

"Urist cancels store item in stockpile: Dangerous Terrain Caused by Nonexistent Screwpump."

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 01:30:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Wooty:
<STRONG>Really? I've played adventure mode for hours upon hours, made hundreds of adventurers in 7 worlds (first six ran out of drunks =P), and never gotten a crash. Do you mess with the raws much?</STRONG>

No, mine is totally default.

I thought at first it was because I was adventuring in a world genned in 33f, but i genned an entirely new one and it crashes frequently as well as on a different computer.

the only thing i know is that my world contains a fort which is abandoned, other than that it is 100% vanilla

Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 02:16:00 am »

I'd like to see the prisons creating perpetual jobs bug fixed. It essentially renders any dwarf that goes to prison into uselessness.

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 03:44:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by veryinky:
<STRONG>In the .23 2d version, dwarves avoided occupied squares, so there was a point to building wide corridors, but ever since the 3d version, they all form one single square wide line which crawls about.</STRONG>
Fixing this would be high on my list, actually.
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 03:45:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Sofaspud:
<STRONG>I'm not sure if it's a bug, but, item stacking.  Seriously.  WTF?

If that's NOT a bug, then ... the infinite party.  Will you dwarves knock it the hell off and get back to work?  Urist just fell asleep on the frikken' table, the mule is dancing on his skull, and he's just going to drink himself into a stupor AGAIN when he wakes up!  C'mon, guys!</STRONG>

Try getting rid of all statue gardens.  At present, they just cause dwarves to waste time parting.
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 05:07:00 pm »

Entrance-dancing tops my list. (That is, "Hey, I think I'll take a job which will require me to go outside to get to it, despite dwarves being required to stay inside. And then I will walk until I'm 2-12 steps outside before canceling and freaking out. And then a minute later I will take another outside job.")

For the moment I have it mitigated by having "outdoors" hallways safely back in the fort where nothing dangerous can reach the dancing dwarves. Meanwhile, the goblins are around 100 tiles away, being killed by the Hand of Armok.

[ January 19, 2008: Message edited by: Shadowlord ]

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2008, 06:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord:
<STRONG>For the moment I have it mitigated by having "outdoors" hallways safely back in the fort where nothing dangerous can reach the dancing dwarves. Meanwhile, the goblins are around 100 tiles away, being killed by the Hand of Armok.</STRONG>

I'm working towards a similar solution myself, keep needing to save-load-save-load-end-task-load to get things ready for 100 goblins (100!  Honestly!  It's the first wave!).  Been building blockades, death-trabs, moats, and walls to keep the ones that show up in the more annoying places to no be able to get to my fortress.  Duplicating the Hand of Armok has not been easy.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 04:23:00 pm »

Hm, these are all pretty good. Nobody has mentioned the economy (ignores supply and demand, i.e. if every room is great quality then they'll all still be expensive) or clothes (adamantine clothes rot). Actually, I've seen my dwarves swap their nasty clothes for the new ones recently.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 07:00:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by penguinofhonor:
<STRONG>Actually, I've seen my dwarves swap their nasty clothes for the new ones recently.</STRONG>

Really?  My dwarves keep getting unhappy due to their awful clothing.  My export economy is based on making clothes, but somehow they never pick out anything for themselves until it rots off their body.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 07:07:00 pm »

Top bug of all bugs: The UI.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 08:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by penguinofhonor:
<STRONG>Nobody has mentioned the economy (ignores supply and demand, i.e. if every room is great quality then they'll all still be expensive)</STRONG>

The economy is low on my list, I can easily make a bunch of low quality beds by making some peon a carpender until he's too skilled.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 08:51:00 pm »

Well, the clothes work to an extent. My dwarves will take two or three pieces of nasty clothing and stick them in their cabinets, then run and grab a couple pieces from the stockpile.

SupremeOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 01:41:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Fedor:
<STRONG>Try getting rid of all statue gardens.  At present, they just cause dwarves to waste time partying.</STRONG>

You can end parties with a minor workaround.  Remove the designation on whatever is "creating" the party (table, statue, cage, rope).  You can set it instantly on another object of the same type in the same room, or just wait a bit before re-designating the same item.  Either way, it'll make all the parying dwarves go back to work right away.

Pages: 1 [2] 3