Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least  (Read 21326 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 15
« Reply #240 on: October 02, 2010, 10:25:43 pm »

Turn 15: Good luck comes to those who need it least
In a flash of realization of the cult of Varsen's evilness, I pick up my halberd and tell them I've changed my mind and I'm leaving. Then leave.
|”Going so soon are we?” The head cultist whispers as to try to inch towards the door.  You then notice that somehow two of the other cultists have moved to the opposite side of the room, and are blocking the exit.  It seems that you're in this fight to the end, for good or ill.  |You're able to pick up your halberd successfully, though the cultist is coming in for another attack.  |He jumps up into the air, and is coming down on top of you with claws outstretched.  Wait, claws?  When did he get those?  No time to think, you try to move out of the way | but the initiate is too fast!  You manage to move slightly out of the way, but the initiate's claws rip into your right arm.  A sharp burst of pain races through your body as your arm hangs useless at your side, but it fades quickly due to all the adrenaline in your system.  There's a fair bit of bleeding too.  Not to mention it's terribly difficult to hold on to your halberd like this.

Convince the servant to look the other way, for a cut of the funds, then take the strongbox
|You walk up to the servant, and begin to talk with him.  You tell him of all your brave deeds, and of the myriad of evils which threaten the world in this day and age.  You converse with him, and slowly deconstruct all his loyalties to his former master.  The hobbledehoy tells you of how cruel a man his master is, and how he longs to break free of that oppressive yoke.  But where would he go?  How would he survive?  All his questions, you answer, and he slowly comes to see you as barely less than a god among men.  He tells you his name is Nigel, and he pledges to follow after you always.  He informs you that he has also been teaching himself medicine whenever he gets a free chance, and can be very useful to you if he has the proper equipment.  Nigel offers you not only the keys to the strongbox, but the whole carriage, which you could probably sell for quite a sum.  Heck, even ripping off the decorations and selling them separately would probably give you a very large sum of money.  You accept, and the servant drives off with you inside the carriage to another spot in town where you're unlikely to be discovered.  That merchant won't know what happened for some time too.

Mentally hide for the time being. Physically try to examine the broken suits armor more closely.
|You figure the best way to hide is to remove yourself completely from the mage's mind.  You attempt to do so quietly, but in doing so you become more visible to the mage's searches.  |As the tendrils of the mage's mind move throughout the room, one of them happens upon your retreating link.  His eyes burn red with fury.  “You!” he shouts, pointing an accusing finger in your direction.  “You're the one behind this!”  |The mage mutters some arcane words and a beam of darkness tumbles lances out in your direction.  |The beam hits your arm, and you feel as though invisible hands are grasping at you, holding you in place, or at least slowing you down.  The two remaining suits of armor ready their weapons and look like they're going to attack.

Give 10 of the gold pieces to the lady with the rent and such. Tell her to lay low for a few days, and THEN barely give the landlord enough.
|You go up to the lady and give her the 10 gold pieces, telling her that you overheard her problems with the landlord.  You give her the wise advise to lie low for a few days and to not spend the money needlessly.  She thanks you profusely, and says that if there's anything you need, feel free to stop by and ask.  Noticing the woman's six children in the back of the room, with their depressingly gaunt stature and hungry eyes, you give the woman your remaining 5 gold pieces as well.  She again thanks you; her family will be able to live for probably a full year thanks to your kindness.  You leave, satisfied in your soul, but with an empty money pouch.

SING, GODDAMN IT
|The ring burns your finger more strongly as you try to sing again.  You can't even get a word out before you're on the ground in a fetal position, crying in pain.  As thoughts of singing fade from your mind, the pain lessens, and you shakily stand up.

Head off towards the tower, my compatriots will probably end up there eventually.
|You head out and fly towards the Gold Tower.  After about 4 hours of travel, you encounter a giant eagle!  |You get the drop on it, and will be able to attack first.

Head downstairs and find a wealthy victi...err benefactor.
|You head outside, and find a wealthy merchant who's complaining that his carriage has disappeared.  He says he'll give you 100 gold if you can find it for him and bring it back.  He also asks you to kill the evil servant that was guarding it, but does not demand that you bring back proof of the deed.  He will, however, give you an extra 5 gold if you bring the servant back alive so that he can be publicly tortured and executed as an example.

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quarr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyuli (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tehstefan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ExKirby (click to show/hide)

A few notes for this one.  First off, sorry I haven't updated this in a while.  I do enjoy writing these turns, but life keeps getting me down.  I really want this to keep on trucking.  Secondly, allies will follow you around, and follow all orders given to them (so long as the orders don't violate any of their principles).  Giving orders is a free action.  If there's any obvious actions that fit with their skill set and you haven't given them any orders, they will perform said action.  Otherwise, no order means they'll just follow you around.  Third, travel takes time, but actually rolling to travel long distances, given that you know where you're going, is boring. Therefore, you'll have random encounters.  The number and difficulty of the encounters depends partially on how quickly you travel and partially on what route you take.  That's all for now.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least
« Reply #241 on: October 02, 2010, 11:07:46 pm »

Wow, i feel realy bad for sucking up all the luck from those that needed it badly, I wont even try to go for the WOD today, also paranatural i think the carrag eand it's contents are worth more thjan the reward, same with our new ally.

Empty the coffer into my inventory then, with nigels assistance, discretley sell the artworks off
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 02, 2010, 11:45:23 pm »

Gah frick. Well, if anyone isn't busy can you try to find me and help me out? This darn cult was a bad idea.

Know what, f-it, I'm using my ring on Mr. clawman. I don't care if Quarr is going to wreak havoc while the initiate's asleep, I'll just use it on him again. I won't try for the WoTD since dermonster still seems to be in the worst position and not me, as right now I've got this ring.

Un-use the Flower-Stem Ring of Slumber on Quarr and use the Flower-Stem Ring of Slumber on the initiate!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2010, 01:40:42 am »

Ready my sword, then dive and attempt to attack the eagle!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2010, 03:21:10 am »

SING, FOR FUCKS SAKE.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2010, 03:23:25 am »

I would like to note that, due to prior failures, the ring hates your singing, and will cause you pain even if you are successful.  Possibly with even worse effects depending on how the roll goes.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2010, 06:53:26 am »

Ok, change of plan. DANCE ROUTINE!
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2010, 10:24:04 am »

hobbledehoy

Noun: A clumsy or awkward youth.
Adjective: Awkward or clumsy: "his hobbledehoy hands"

Screw it, stop retreating from his mind and attack him both mentally and physically! With help from my mental buddy.

Does power travel across distances? If so, could somebodybody please pray or send their strength or something? I'm Kinda in a jam here. Thanks for the WotD. again.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 06:47:57 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 06, 2010, 02:30:29 am »

I note that we are missing Tylui and Paranatural.  No guarantee of a turn tomorrow, but depending on how quickly I can learn how to concatenate and append ordered lists in Mathematica, I might get a turn in.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 06, 2010, 09:34:50 am »

Wish for money

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2010, 07:26:09 pm »

Tarran, aren't you off in some randomly-teleported to tower somewhere? I'm not sure we could, man.

Thank the merchant and start searching around for the carriage and servant.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 07, 2010, 07:37:28 pm »

Tarran, aren't you off in some randomly-teleported to tower somewhere?
No, that's dermonster. I'm in a cellar in the poor part of the town.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]