Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: PUC RTD: Turn 15 - Good luck comes to those who need it least  (Read 21322 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 13 A replacement is still needed!
« Reply #225 on: September 20, 2010, 12:12:05 am »

I'm not so unmanly I can't drop down for directions. Find someone to give me directions, one way or another.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2010, 09:53:25 am »

Sigh loudly, then hand over the money. Lastly, go find some clothes, goddamnit.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
PUC RTD: Turn 14 It's all coming together...
« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2010, 02:15:40 am »

Turn 14: It's all coming together...

Smack the initiate in the side of his face with the side of my halberd, trying to knock him out.
|You swing hard with your halberd, trying to smack the initiate in his face.  However, you lose your grip on the halberd mid-swing and it falls to the floor a few feet away.  Luckily, the initiate seems to be too berserk at the moment to notice a free weapon just lying there, and attacks you full force.  |He also seems too berserk to attack you properly, merely scattering the copious amounts of foam pouring from his mouth and growling menacingly at you.

Since I'm fairly sure he still thinks that I'm an ally of Mal or something, Demand to know why the animated armor collapsed, presumably distracting him from the mental search.
Use the little part of me in his head to get a representation of the layout of the tower and the surrounding lands.

|You ask the man what is the problem.  He responds tersely that he's trying to figure that out and you should just be quiet!  |He begins ranting about crazy spirits or something that are severing his connections to the armor.  Your presence goes completely unnoticed.  |You don't manage to discover much in his mind, and you are afraid of revealing yourself too much.  You do probe a little bit deeper and determine that you are in one of the four main staircases of the tower, which go all the way from the defensive levels to the ramparts on the roof.  You should be able to access any level of the tower from this staircase.  There are three teleport pads which you could use to escape, if you knew how to teleport.  The mage was actually taking you to one of those, as the Iron Gate is apparently quite far from here.  The bottom of the tower was sealed long ago, and all that's near you are the Ridge-back mountains, which are a perilous terrain.  However, they do border the great city where the Gold Tower sits.  Apparently the Council of Eleven doesn't care about this place, or is afraid of it...  Your meddling appears to have interfered with the mage's magic again, as another armor beside you collapses to join its broken behemoth brethren.  You sense that the mage is again planning to search for the cause of the interference, and will be more thorough this time, though his focus appears to be on non-existent spirits, so you'll hopefully slip by unnoticed.  Still, better keep a low profile.

Ok, time to go sing again.
|You start to open your mouth to sing, but suddenly your finger begins to burn like something hot is upon it.  You look down and see your ring.  Your precious, precious ring...

Enjoy the thought of ripping this man's face off, then search for a way to earn/find/steal some money
|You enjoy the thought, then go and wend your way through the town.  You notice a notice board(seems it's done it's job) with bounties and other jobs posted on it, including a bounty for followers of the cult of Varsen; 2 gold a head.  There are other jobs too, but you keep walking.  You overhear two villagers talking about some treasure that's supposed to be in the sewers; could be a lot of money for little risk, but not as sure of a thing.  Finally, you see a rich merchant stepping out of a very nicely decorated carriage and conveniently leaving his strongbox inside.  His servant is watching the carriage, however.

Haul the others off with me and cast about town, searching for means of acquiring 25 gold.
|You merely sit and sulk.  Even you brightest arguments couldn't convince the man to lower his price.  You feel worthless...

I'm not so unmanly I can't drop down for directions. Find someone to give me directions, one way or another.
|You fly down and startle a peasant.  You ask him which way to the town.  When the peasant asks you to clarify which town, you realize you never remembered the name of the place.  When you ask about the gold tower, however, the peasant mentions that it's about a week's journey as the wolf runs.  However, if you could fly over the Ridge-back mountains, you could be there in less then a day, if your Pegasus his fast.  He also informs you that there are two towns of significant size nearby, one to the north and the other to the west.

Sigh loudly, then hand over the money. Lastly, go find some clothes, goddamnit.
|You give the travel agent your 1 gold, 1 silver (“You need 24 gold, 3 silver, and 80 copper”), and walk outside the agency.  You see a man in some very fancy clothes.  He appears to be yelling at some woman about her rent being due and not caring about her dead husband and six children.  He storms off and you follow.  You sneak behind the well-dressed man in a back ally, and club him over the head with your pretty rock.  He is knocked unconscious.  You then strip him of his fancy clothes, and put them on yourself.  They seem to fit well.  The guy also had a coin purse with |A full 15 gold pieces in it!  Looking around, you're fairly certain no-one saw you.

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quarr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tyuli (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tehstefan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Paranatural (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ExKirby (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:42:11 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2010, 02:28:19 am »

Once again, I seem to be in a good position right now and don't need the WoTD. dermonster clearly needs it the most. So once again I'm not going to bother going for the WoTD.

No, no, I'm not doing it purely to get a possible bonus from Frelock if that's what you're thinking. I'm doing it because every single teammate is important for a team. Plus, I'm feeling nice.

So... The cult of Varsen have 2 gold on their heads each? Kinda expected that since the way of joining the cult was a little... Violent. Well, they don't seem like my kind of guys, so I'm leaving.

In a flash of realization of the cult of Varsen's evilness, I pick up my halberd and tell them I've changed my mind and I'm leaving. Then leave.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 22, 2010, 05:05:40 am »

Convince the servent to look the other way, for a cut6 of the funds, then take the strongbox
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 22, 2010, 06:52:34 am »

tersely

Brief and to the point; effectively concise:

behemoth

Something enormous in size or power.

I can't really see anything that might be worth the WotD. not using all three guesses.

um. Help?

Mentally hide for the time being. Physically try to examine the broken suits armor more closely.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 22, 2010, 10:18:41 am »

Although nothing good ever came of being good in an RTD, I would like to give 10 of the gold pieces to the lady with the rent and such. Tell her to lay low for a few days, and THEN barely give the landlord enough.

...Then again I don't know how much rent would be there. I'm assuming 10 gp would be enough...?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 22, 2010, 02:09:24 pm »

I can't really see anything that might be worth the WotD. not using all three guesses.

um. Help?
Try copious.

Ed: Actually, try Wend.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:11:51 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2010, 02:35:25 pm »

SING, GODDAMN IT
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2010, 02:49:49 pm »

Well, I feel fast enough, so I'm going to say

Head off towards the tower, my compatriots will probably end up there eventually.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2010, 06:08:18 pm »

Okay,

wend
\ WEND \  , verb;
To pursue or direct (one's way).
To proceed or go.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2010, 09:02:28 pm »

Correct, you get +1 to your second roll this turn.  I'll admit, I was trying to be very sneaky with that one; especially since wend looks a lot like wind, and both would have been appropriate and meant almost exactly the same thing in that context.

...Then again I don't know how much rent would be there. I'm assuming 10 gp would be enough...?
As a general rule of thumb, I'm going to say that 10 coppers will be equivalent to about $5 in today's currency.  Therefore, 1 silver is about $50, and 1 gold is around $500.  Therefore, you're giving her something comparable to $5000, enough to pay rent on a very small place in a bad neighborhood for about a year(a medieval city means no utilities, so that helps a lot).  For those doing the math, that means that Tylui was selling bread for $15 (we'll call it fancy artesian bread that was nice and fresh), that gentleman he just mugged was carrying $7500 on him, and you are being charged something like $2,250 per person for a teleport, which I suppose is comparable to the price of a flight first class across an ocean.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2010, 10:04:28 pm »

one copper = fifty cents.

gotcha.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2010, 10:10:15 am »

NEWSCASTER: "Yes, hi, thank you Bob. Well as you can see behind me, the scene is pretty gruesome. There's plenty of chaos and... Wait a minute folks... Hang on... Yes... Yes, this just in: dermonster is being snarky with the GM. Yes, you heard me... One of the players just let out a comment rather full of snark, and, if I might speculate for a bit here, I believe that might be a bad play and could lead to the wrath of the RNG, or possibly a stray kitten adopting him!"

*TV Cuts to static... World ends*
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 10:13:04 am by Tylui »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PUC RTD: Turn 14
« Reply #239 on: September 26, 2010, 10:01:28 pm »

Head downstairs and find a wealthy victi...err benefactor.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17