Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: TRIBAL LIFE! - YEAR 2 - Turn Posted  (Read 4658 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: TRIBAL LIFE! - YEAR 2 - Turn Posted
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2010, 03:32:36 pm »

Spring: Pray to gods
Summer: Pray to gods
Fall: Pray to gods
Winter: Pray to gods
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2010, 06:05:10 pm »

Spring: Work on several wagons. Keep farming mushrooms. Attempt to grow the grain when the season gets warmer in a muddy above-ground plot. Keep working on the council hall and the archery tower. Keep taming the goats. Send one person to attempt to map out the nearby area. Make some weapons that are easy to use, for training. However, also work on a bow that is long, and gives great range.
Summer: Send out a larger caravan of about 20 people to make a new town about a season and a half from the current town, in between the other tribe and us to serve as a trading post. Do this as soon as possible, and take enough mushrooms to last a year for 20 people, as well as weapons. Keep farming mushrooms here, and taming the goats. Keep working on the archery tower and council hall. Make a life-sized statue of the leader, to put in the council hall. Keep attempting to farm the grain. Try to look for anything that isn't stone or soil when digging.
Autumn: Work on some kind of channel system that would allow people to control some of the river's flow, and siphon it off for water for mushrooms or the grain in winter, as well as to drink. Keep working on the archery tower, as the council hall is probably finished by now. Keep farming mushrooms and taming the goats. Harvest the grain, if it grew. Praise the god of plants if it did. Build more houses if the archery tower and water system are complete, and try to expand mushroom farming.
Winter: Keep farming mushrooms and taming the goats. Don't farm the grain. Work on a wagon frame and wheels. Work on another warehouse if everything else is complete. Try to come up with some kind of body protection for militia. Create more crafts to trade with the tribe.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2010, 09:28:10 am »

Spring: Start making boats, and experiment with making weaponry out of wood. Hunt small game, create more small crafts.
Summer: Send three boats for exploration down the rimer, ordering scouts to return before winter. Hunt small game, plant as much crops I can. Try to find new ways of keeping people warm, perhaps by using these furs we're getting?
Autumn: Harvest, hunt big game, attempt to preserve as much food for winter as possible.
Winter: Stay inside, make complicated crafts and pray we get though this one.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
  • Catfish, friend of Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2010, 11:38:34 am »

I'm going to be a bit busy for the next few days, I may update sunday but it's likely to be monday.

RNG: I'll factor in the prayers and try to lessen what happens.
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

The catfish, deadlier than hippos, and piranhas, crocodiles, and sharks.

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2010, 03:24:32 pm »

GENTLEMEN I HAVE RETURNED!

I'll write up all the turns and will post when I can. That depends on Labs posting and getting a turn in. Until I get that one I'll be working on everyone elses stuff. Everyone apart from RNG expect good things. Everyone else expect horror, destruction and magma (one of them may not happen).
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2010, 03:28:57 pm »

NOOOOOOO!!!!! ARMAGEDON!!!!!!!
Nom nom nom

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2010, 03:33:15 pm »

I AM TERRIFIED!

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2010, 03:34:46 pm »

After re-evaluating the turn events everyone expect some destruction.

[Evil Genius Mode]
BWAHAHAHA
[/Evil Genius Mode]

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2010, 03:49:24 pm »

Crap, I forgot to post a turn. Been occupied with my RTD.

Spring: Repair/upgrade rafts. Fishermen Try to capture birds and train some more. Others plant fruit and such. Send some people with the visitors and learn about their culture.
Summer: Maintain fields. Fish. Train birds. Expand Village.
Fall: Gather wood. Fish. Harvest. Party like it's XXXX BC!
Winter: Maintain rafts. Fish. Train birds. Build granaries.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]