Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: TRIBAL LIFE! - YEAR 2 - Turn Posted  (Read 4656 times)

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
  • Catfish, friend of Carp
    • View Profile
Re: TRIBAL LIFE! - YEAR 1 - Turn Posted
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 02:21:47 pm »

Kilakan - I'll start doing from the next turn.
Faden - You can do it, I was going to come up with something when convienient but nothing planned in the long run.
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

The catfish, deadlier than hippos, and piranhas, crocodiles, and sharks.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 02:24:43 pm »

RNG, I don't think you can just create axes, I've spent 3 seasons researching axes and I'm only just getting close.
Nom nom nom

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2010, 02:30:48 pm »

You can start creatingresearching them, one limitation is that there's no connection with cutting trees as the idea isn't there, only for Pillow_Killers tribe whose unique skill it is. Yours would be in the same realm as Kilakan's, i.e. weapons only.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 02:34:19 pm by TheCatfish »
"I'm Urist McHanz!" "And I'm Urist McFranz!" "And we're going to PUMP" *clap* "you up!"

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2010, 02:32:56 pm »

Basic message of the robe: Expand above ground. However, checking the oracle bones, the interpreter finds that this is a message to direct future decisions, not an immediate call to action. The Nominist gives the artisan the second name Weft, and assigns it a symbol found in the robe.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2010, 02:33:20 pm »

I'm thinking axes, then hammers, then work with sharpening stone using hammers, then knives!  I think I'm gonna end up with a lot of weapons!
Nom nom nom

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 02:55:11 pm »

Oh, just a note. "Unfinished projects" also refers to research, so keep a few people researching clay crafts/pottery all year.

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 02:59:21 pm »

I'm only going to impliment the children mechanic if you specify you would like more people in your tribe. If you want more it'll start from next turn as currently two tribes would get 5 kids, 1 would get 6 kids, one would get 7 kids but a set of twins, and a final one would get 9 kids, 6 singles, 1 triplet. The final tribe wouldn't get any this year.

Also thoughts on a map? I have one already made to keep my sanity in check but if you all want to see it you're walcome to it.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 03:07:03 pm »

I would love more children, but I think your mechanism may need some tweaking.

I would also love to see a map. :D

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 04:21:35 pm »

More children would be nice.
Spring: Teach the children how to farm mushrooms. Keep taming the goats, and let them breed. Fence them in, though. Build more houses, and dugouts for mushroom farming. Work on the framework of another wagon, if the first one does not return.
Summer: Put wheels on the second wagon and send out a second caravan, if the first has not yet returned. Have this wagon return if supplies run low, return after trading crafts for technology if there is another tribe around, and return by winter. Keep taming the goats. Expand the mushroom farming further, to stock up for winter. Make more crafts and weapons.
Autumn: Make more houses, including a large council hall. Also, make a temple to the gods. Keep farming, keep taming the goats. Look for wood around and gather it. Make crafts and weapons.
Winter: Talk to the caravan to see what has happened, assuming they return. Bring the goats inside for the winter. Start looking at ways to keep our mushroom plots active in winter. Start making a tower for archers to stand in and fire from. Make more crafts. Keep farming if possible, keep taming the goats.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 04:30:32 pm »

Spring: Tend the wounded. Hunt, hunt and hunt. The more the merrier. Plant a bit of wheat and build a wood processing facility.
Summer: Plant as much as I can, hunt small game. Build housing if nessesary, send scouts out to find other tribes. Create wooden toys. Build a big villagehouse. Just a big house, I guess.
Autumn: Prepare as much food as possible, hunt big game. If contact with other tribes have been made, sell wooden toys for secret of the fire, or some weaponry.
WInter: Hunt medium game, pray we survive this one.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2010, 07:14:46 pm »

Spring: Fish, breed, plant, gather wood.
Summer: Fish, tend plants, gather wood, train birds further.
Fall: Fish, harvest, expand village.
Winter: Fish, maintain/build rafts.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2010, 07:19:57 pm »

I'd like some children, also the map.  Btw how are you planning on letting us gain more adults/elders, aka aging of the population?
Nom nom nom

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 07:23:17 pm »

On that note, at what age are adults considered "elders"?

TheCatfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2010, 08:05:29 pm »

I'll just give a general aging thing going on, like a few children per year to adults, and the same upwards to elders. I'm not sure about a definate age for elders, but if i did work that out I'd have to give all the tribes people individual ages, with 150 people in each tribe, and growing with kids, then losing however many from certain events, for 6 tribes, is a bit too much hassle. I'll leave it general and slowly move them from one to the other.

Map here
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No locations, I don't you guys knowing exactly where you are as well as everyone else, you gotta explore.

Turn will be up tomorrow. I'm half done now and heading for some sleep.

Nb.
RNG, I pity your tribe but I hope I've made up for the generators hatred of your people. :P

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2010, 08:21:48 pm »

a key to what the different colors would be nice, so we atleast know sort of what the different things are.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5