Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Whole Embarks  (Read 1817 times)

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Whole Embarks
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 12:59:33 am »

What do you even DO on a site that big!?

good question...
Make a Dwarven computer big enough to play Dwarf Fortress... in which you build a Dwarven computer big enough to play Dwarf Fortress...in which you build a Dwarven computer big enough to play Dwarf Fortress...in which you build a Dwarven computer big enough to play Dwarf Fortress...in which you build a Dwarven computer big enough to play Dwarf Fortress...in which you build a Dwarven computer big enough to play Dwarf Fortress... in which everyone dies.
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 01:18:58 am »

I always embark on 16x16 sites. My current fortress on such a site has a population of over 100 and I still get over 40FPS.
What is this i don't even

Sentiments echoed.

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 03:23:59 am »

me before temperature NO

:(

after

:)

Asteranx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 05:55:51 pm »

Make a Dwarven computer big enough to play Dwarf Fortress... in which you build a Dwarven computer big enough to play Dwarf Fortress...in which you build a Dwarven computer big enough to play Dwarf Fortress...in which you build a Dwarven computer big enough to play Dwarf Fortress...in which you build a Dwarven computer big enough to play Dwarf Fortress...in which you build a Dwarven computer big enough to play Dwarf Fortress... in which everyone dies.

Ooh, 3 dimensional recursive tantrum spiral as dorfs lose their 'accounts' in the nested games.  I can see it now... but what would you call it?  Tantrum N-ary Tree?  Tantrum Wavefront?  Tantrum Fractal?

Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Spiral Spiral Spiral Spiral Spiral Spiral Spiral?

Radivnal

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me fall on you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 10:10:25 pm »

I think we've just developed z-levels for tantrum spirals...  :o
Speaking of which, how is fire in the new version?
out of personal experience, where a dwarf was set alight by a magmaman, ran up 150 flights of stairs, and divebombed into the booze stockpile, I'd have to say fire is the same as always.

Garth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 01:45:51 am »

Netbook here, I get 70FPS after the first migrants.
And this is with pretty much no animals in the units list.
Once I hit 50 dwarves or so I'm down to like 20 FPS
:U

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 08:32:17 am »

.. but what would you call it?  Tantrum N-ary Tree?  Tantrum Wavefront?  Tantrum Fractal?

Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Tantrum Spiral Spiral Spiral Spiral Spiral Spiral Spiral?

Thats clearly a Total Lack of Perspective Vortex
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Earth Striker Lurin

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Go to Work...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 03:02:48 pm »

To the guy who does this with no FPS problems.

Do this on a site with 3 waterfalls and please report your FPS

thanks,

Lurin :)
"So I looked to the left of me, looked to the right of me, raised the giant's severed arm above my head and said 'Let's go to work...'"   -- Lurin Diamondfist relating the time he had to mine without a pick axe.
Pages: 1 [2]