Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Nelasilral, "Flickertreaty" - UPDATE: badass clerk has 1 kill and counting  (Read 11991 times)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nelasilral, "Flickertreaty" - UPDATE: badass clerk has 1 kill and counting
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2010, 10:17:27 pm »

My first view as I approach my new serfdom if that of some rather random looking wall structures. And, interestingly, a giant hole in the ground. As I pear into it I notice that one can enter the fortress that way. Sortoff anyway. Weird.
Also a giant tower with no apparent use.

Complete the magma tower!

complete iiiitt

Moving down we have more stocks. Why then, the passageway obstructions? Mental note #4: NO MORE CRAFTS!!!!

;D
everyone loves rock crafts.

Below the farms is a floor that has no practical purpose, how ingenious. It even has a trading depot that cannot be reached. I say that is most amusing. I feel like smacking the dwarf who built that. We don't even need to do any hauling for the next caravan since the depot up top is already full.
I think mal did it.
I was planning on making the new entrance there but then decided not to with complications with the ramps...
didnt know if caravans could go down ramps that were next to each other ... if you get what i mean...

Code: [Select]
....^
...^#
..^##
,^###
like that.
, = mined out tile
. = empty space
^ = ramp
# = wall

Next come the workshops, and a more inane setup I have never seen. We have six of everything. WHY?
incase we need to make many things incase we are buzy doing other things and dont have time to look back at the workshops.

Next up is the annexes of this god-forsaken place. The bookkeeper shows me a complete map. It includes a small cave in the middle of lava that reportedly has a previous ruler locked up in it called "Mal." Also way above the magma pipe is a cavern that has turning gears. Nothing else, just really long gears powered by water.
The turning gears would be used to power the many pumps which would then splurt magma out of 10zlvlz high tower.

Also mal deserved it!

Mental note # who cares anymore: Find whoever wrote those note and KILL him! "Pull this lever to reach transcendence" My... beard.
Mal did it, see mal deserves it...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Kethas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2010, 05:08:07 am »

Below the farms is a floor that has no practical purpose, how ingenious. It even has a trading depot that cannot be reached. I say that is most amusing. I feel like smacking the dwarf who built that. We don't even need to do any hauling for the next caravan since the depot up top is already full.
I think mal did it.
I was planning on making the new entrance there but then decided not to with complications with the ramps...
didnt know if caravans could go down ramps that were next to each other ... if you get what i mean...

....^
...^#
..^##
,^###
like that.
, = mined out tile
. = empty space
^ = ramp
# = wall

Caravans can travel (3-wide) ramps like that. Most of my depots are quite close to my central staircase and I use ramps to let the caravan travel into a (secured) tunnel. Better to have the caravan do the hauling than my dwarves.

mal7690

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a prerecorded message.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2010, 07:02:57 pm »

My first view as I approach my new serfdom if that of some rather random looking wall structures. And, interestingly, a giant hole in the ground. As I pear into it I notice that one can enter the fortress that way. Sortoff anyway. Weird.
Also a giant tower with no apparent use.

Complete the magma tower!

complete iiiitt

Moving down we have more stocks. Why then, the passageway obstructions? Mental note #4: NO MORE CRAFTS!!!!

;D
everyone loves rock crafts.

I think mal did it.
Nope, Kethas did that. 

....^
...^#
..^##
,^###
like that.
, = mined out tile
. = empty space
^ = ramp
# = wall

Next come the workshops, and a more inane setup I have never seen. We have six of everything. WHY?
incase we need to make many things incase we are buzy doing other things and dont have time to look back at the workshops.

Next up is the annexes of this god-forsaken place. The bookkeeper shows me a complete map. It includes a small cave in the middle of lava that reportedly has a previous ruler locked up in it called "Mal." Also way above the magma pipe is a cavern that has turning gears. Nothing else, just really long gears powered by water.
The turning gears would be used to power the many pumps which would then splurt magma out of 10zlvlz high tower.

Also mal deserved it!
No I don't!
I didn't leave the fortress in shambles with half-completed projects everywhere...
silhouette.

Mental note # who cares anymore: Find whoever wrote those note and KILL him! "Pull this lever to reach transcendence" My... beard.
Mal did it, see mal deserves it...

Pull the levers!
The one who does shall drink from the river!

Although I probably should have designed it so if you don't pull the levers in the right order it floods the fortress...
Cat heads, cat heads, roly poly cat heads,
Biting at the dorf necks, now I have dorf heads.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2010, 07:47:17 pm »

No I don't!
I didn't leave the fortress in shambles with half-completed projects everywhere...
silhouette.

Yes you do!
And it wasnt my fault, the magma tower would have been completed if it wasnt for that damn ug river...
the ug river is the only thing that made the fortress left in shambles.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

Fastler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2010, 12:45:19 pm »

Official Log of Fastler Oltarlelum, Champion Wrestler and present leader of the villige Nelasilral "Flickertreaty"

8th Obsidian, 304, Late Winter.

Because of the unexpected dissapearance of the last leader of this dinghole, I was rushed out before my alloted time. It was a terrible journey in the middle of the winter, but still. Fora rundown of the villages status, see the report I sent in before. The bookkeeper has now shown me his official record, and it does actually look rather promising:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The first thing that happened when I got here was a dwarf named "Momux," a mason, went insane, but the queit kind, so it doesn't really matter.
Evidently there is another dwarf by the name of "Kethas" who is actually the Mayor has recently claimed a workshop and is yelling for stuff we don't have. According to the bookkeeper what we don't have is tanned hides. The lazy sods here may or may not get around to slaughtering and tanning something.

10th Obsidian, 304, Late Winter.

A baby crocodile just knocked over a statue. Must do something about this.

11th Obsidian, 304, Late Winter.

Baby crocodile is dead, I also designated some walls to stop more wild animals frrom eggressing from the river.

22th Obsidian, 304, Late Winter.

I was innocently designating bedrooms when I discovered that we have over 100 doors ready to place. Seriosly people? I am going to find who is making these and tell them to stop now.

26th Obsidian, 304, Late Winter.

Kethas finished his must have artifact. It is a granite earing. How usefull. It is worth 34800 though. I include a description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(On a personall note, I think Kethas has a table Fetish, although his ability to engrave on an earing is impressive)

1st Granite, 305, Early Spring.

According to my calendar it is now spring, not that anything has actually changed. The ground is still covered in snow and the sasquatches still howl at the door.

I am sending this part of my log into the capitol now. I have a whole year left. GET ME OUT NOW!
I hear if you combine them with dwarven syrup you can make rhesus pieces.

There are no Kangaroos in Austria. Trust me.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2010, 12:57:36 am »

da da da da da da da da KATAMARI DAMNACY

anywho.
hows it going
---

mal7690

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a prerecorded message.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2010, 11:33:16 am »

22th Obsidian, 304, Late Winter.

I was innocently designating bedrooms when I discovered that we have over 100 doors ready to place. Seriosly people? I am going to find who is making these and tell them to stop now.

Doors are good.  The doors are your friend.  Liberal application prevents accidents.  You must construct additional doors.
Cat heads, cat heads, roly poly cat heads,
Biting at the dorf necks, now I have dorf heads.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2010, 06:20:36 am »

i suggest we go onto the next persona?
---
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]