Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Nelasilral, "Flickertreaty" - UPDATE: badass clerk has 1 kill and counting  (Read 11984 times)

Defiance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nelasilral, "Flickertreaty" - UPDATE: badass clerk has 1 kill and counting
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2010, 05:54:36 am »

Totally in for this
I cant wait to make this place even worse better!

Starshell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2010, 09:27:03 am »

My turn now? Great! I'll start later today.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2010, 03:49:05 pm »

Oh geez. I'm glad my guy didn't die. thats all that matters, that leading general doesn't die. Even if he's not the champion, he's totally the lead general.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

mal7690

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a prerecorded message.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2010, 04:22:37 pm »

Mal is sad her Royal Mausoleum was given to a Dungeon Master.
Mal would like to note that there is a legendary engraver if the Dungeon Master would like her own tomb.
Mal is feeling claustrophobic lately.
Mal would really like it if someone would use a pumping system to get her out of the safe house.
Mal would be ecstatic of someone would give her her tomb back.
Cat heads, cat heads, roly poly cat heads,
Biting at the dorf necks, now I have dorf heads.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2010, 11:56:10 pm »

damn! pumps! i should have known!
I would have made the isolation room have more lava around it if i had more time, i probable would have put the isolation room in the magma chamber :D.

Also you were put there because of crimes against dwarfanity!
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Kethas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2010, 05:52:34 pm »

Starshell, any news? (And yes - I live!)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2010, 11:26:48 pm »

Kethas, you were lucky i didnt toss you into the isolation room, it was a toss up between mal and you.
I serriously think mal will be the last one in the fortress due to being alone in the safe house with food and booze.
Cant wait for the tantrum spirals to come.

Also sign me up again, ill be much faster the next time.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2010, 12:36:37 am »

Hrrm, maybe I'll sign up again heh. Though with that many dorfs, oh god, it'd be horrible.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2010, 04:25:56 am »

ill kill all.99% of the fort . a lot some dwarves to make it easier when my turn comes around.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:45:53 pm by silhouette »
---

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2010, 05:11:59 pm »

ba-bump... what happens now?
---

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2010, 02:04:38 am »

i believe it has been enough time... specially without an update. time to go on to the next person?
---

Fastler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2010, 03:54:26 am »

Yeah... I'll take it away.
I hear if you combine them with dwarven syrup you can make rhesus pieces.

There are no Kangaroos in Austria. Trust me.

Fastler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2010, 04:47:03 am »

OK people, WHAT THE HELL? This is just going to be me trying to make sense of insanity.

My first view as I approach my new serfdom if that of some rather random looking wall structures. And, interestingly, a giant hole in the ground. As I pear into it I notice that one can enter the fortress that way. Sortoff anyway. Weird.
Also a giant tower with no apparent use.

I approach the main entrance and notice with some happiness the large array of traps. I pass the depot. I make a mental note to bop someone over the head for leaving all that stuff out in the open in the depot like that. I narrowly avoid getting bitten by the guard dog and move into the inner fortress.
I start with the barracks. "My god, what happened here? Did ALL of the military tear off their clothes in fits of rage?" I move on.

Mental note #2: Move all the stockpiles to better locations, preferably out of the way of high traffic
Mental note #3 Get more beds. Like, 60 more beds.

I see that we have a well. that is good, especially on a glacier like this.
Moving down we have more stocks. Why then, the passageway obstructions? Mental note #4: NO MORE CRAFTS!!!!

Nicely laid out farms, I like it.
Below the farms is a floor that has no practical purpose, how ingenious. It even has a trading depot that cannot be reached. I say that is most amusing. I feel like smacking the dwarf who built that. We don't even need to do any hauling for the next caravan since the depot up top is already full.

Next come the workshops, and a more inane setup I have never seen. We have six of everything. WHY?

Mental note #something: Get that poor schmuck dwarf some leather and whatnot. It might shut him up.

OK then, did you really have to write a note saying MAGMA on a level that has nothing but a passage full of, wait for it, magma?

Reportedly this next level down is to be bedrooms or somesuch, but since we really only have one miner (Armok himself has abandoned this place) it has not been started yet.

Next level has the dining room, I didn't stay long, as there was a foul smell in the air. No one else seemed to mind much. Also, a giant hole in the ground. Next floor down is crypts. Then come partially built bedrooms. Need completing.

Next up is the annexes of this god-forsaken place. The bookkeeper shows me a complete map. It includes a small cave in the middle of lava that reportedly has a previous ruler locked up in it called "Mal." Also way above the magma pipe is a cavern that has turning gears. Nothing else, just really long gears powered by water.

Mental note # who cares anymore: Find whoever wrote those note and KILL him! "Pull this lever to reach transcendence" My... beard.
I hear if you combine them with dwarven syrup you can make rhesus pieces.

There are no Kangaroos in Austria. Trust me.

mal7690

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a prerecorded message.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2010, 03:00:39 pm »

Mal says you should totally make Silhouette golden! Tholaban, Dungeon Master pull the levers in that room.
--> South one first! <--Very important!

Actually one of the safety doors dissapeared, so it doesn't matter much anyway.

It appears Silhouette has already died.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 03:04:10 pm by mal7690 »
Cat heads, cat heads, roly poly cat heads,
Biting at the dorf necks, now I have dorf heads.

Kethas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2010, 06:42:23 pm »

Hola all. Updated the OP. Defiance, I added you to the player list.

When folks are posting updates, try to include screenshots - makes life better for the folks that are just watching instead of loading up the save. Speaking of which, I haven't had the chance to check out the save recently, and honestly at this point I'm rather scared to do so.

I really don't want to become the Thread Hardass, but yeah, updates have been taking way too long (for which I'm probably partly to blame). Don't make me do my Hammerer impression.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10