Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Nelasilral, "Flickertreaty" - UPDATE: badass clerk has 1 kill and counting  (Read 11982 times)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nelasilral, "Flickertreaty" - our slacker clerk still has zero kills
« Reply #105 on: December 29, 2009, 11:21:03 pm »

1st granite early-spring, 304.

Well well well, seems that im the leader of this frozen hole in the ground.
Turns out it wasnt a joke when that previous leader passed by me in the hall and chucked some documents at me, i thought they were just things to keep the fire goin'!
Why in blazes did they pick this place! Did hell freeze over or somethin'?

I've ordered the blueprints of the fortress to be sent up to my room to see what this labyrinth looks like from above...

Turns out there ARE no blueprints after a few hours of waiting... seems that this fortress was built on a whim...
Ive ordered a map to be drawn of this place, i need to see what im working with if im going to run this place effectively...

2nd of granite.

Some poor sod by the name of Kethas came in and handed be a childs drawing.
"Why'd ya bring me a child drawing, a crap one at that by the standards of childrens drawing aswell!" i yelled at him, turns out it wasnt a childs drawing but instead the map of the fortres...
ob boy, its going to be a looooooooooooooong year...

3rd of granite.

Well... after inspecting the map and SOMEHOW staying sane, well as sane as any dwarf can be in this place, im still puzzled by how in hfs they manage to get around!
Ive been here since the founding and mined part of it out yet i STILL dont know where half of things are...

Ive ordered for the records of the dwarfs and their jobs in the fortress to be sent to me, i hope atleast THESE will be better than the fortress design, atleast for the messangers sake, those legends of the crazy miner didnt come from nowhere...

(later down the page)

Somehow i retained by sanity, how has this fort survived for this amount of time!
I swear everything IN this fort would drive anyone mad just by one glance of it, everything thats suppose to be organized is instead in shambles and seemingly at random. I think its safe to say that the order of how the jobs were picked was a simple game of "the longest stand of microcline"...
The one with the longest strands get the job while the ones with the shortest get to laze about, why microcline? because it blinds anyone who sees it...

And fishing? whose bright idea was that! this is a freakin' glacier, there should be no fish to catch up here! and if there are fish to catch i dont think we want to catch them, as anything that can survive this temperture in water is deadlier than the 12 deadly elephant carp!

Ive sent the records back with the changes ive made, this should get the fortress somehow up and running, atleast a BIT smoother...

Ive also put into motion plans to fix up the workshops to be cleaned up.
Also to cage the previous leaders in front of archery targets.
-----------------------------------

WHATS WITH ALL THE UN-CAGED ANIMALS IN THE MEETING HALL? ESPECIALLY THE BABY ONES?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 11:26:15 pm by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Zades

• Bay Watcher
  • Do flying babies do blunt or gore damage?
    • View Profile
Re: Nelasilral, "Flickertreaty" - UPDATE: badass clerk has 1 kill and counting
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2009, 12:55:07 am »

YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANIMALS ROAMING FREE?

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2009, 02:43:16 am »

YES, IT CAUSES TOO MUCH LAG.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2009, 04:14:04 pm »

Oh hey, just a second, how do you check kill count? I looked everywhere for that, I wanted to see if Tehstefan, crossbow-dwarf extraordinaire, had any kills, but I couldn't find out how.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

mal7690

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a prerecorded message.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2009, 04:57:32 pm »

It says on the screen just before you get to moods kills and owned rooms.
So it would be v (on the dwarf)-p-z
Cat heads, cat heads, roly poly cat heads,
Biting at the dorf necks, now I have dorf heads.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2010, 05:16:22 am »

27th granite

We had another mood, a clothier named Ducim.
The idiot created a rope reed shoe worth 7700...
also a few ambushes with only one loss, nothing serrious.

38th granite.
Ive already set up the major stuff for the new workshop area...
There should be a rapid increase in the amount of production available and being able to have much more jobs lined up...

There are two seperate type of workshop areas.
One is the mass construction where any type of material is stored in the stockpile near it,
and then there is the chosen ones, where only one selected material type is stored.
This will help us make things out of certain materials to make a theme, or simply mass produce things...
The west wing has been fully dug out.

On another note, i have the masons guild on the "project".
The masons are the only ones i can trust on this project, if any of them betray me i shall sentance them to the pit.

date whatever of whatever month...
it has been weeks since i have last seen my room.
I have taken control of the mining and have dug out the area where the waterwheels will go to power the 'project'...
Last news i heard from the fortress was that they have finally finished the crafts area...
oh well... i shall continue digging and digging...

------------
only part of the update.
will post rest tomorrow and get finished tomorrow.
'project' is going to be good...
"tis a memmorial of BM...
hehehe

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 05:19:35 am by silhouette »
---

mal7690

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2010, 12:10:16 pm »

Operation FTWWM?

Mal approves as it could possible use Bauxite.  I approve as it uses magma.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2010, 12:40:21 am »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
lost part of my update :(.
I remember some but dont expect dates...
--------------------------------------

Ambushes.
Seems like the goblins snatched a few human children...
Losses - 1 metalsmith

Migrants have arrived, as well as a dungeon master.
We needed those migrants aswell to work on keeping the fortress alive and working on the project, we have a lot more masons now...
22 migrants and one donkey, exluding the dungeon master.
Population now up to 71

I have also ordered for more rooms for stockpiles to be placed into.
especially a large crafts stockpile...

10th felsite.
We have continued mining operations down near the underground river for the waterwheels.
We incountered a bit of resistance from teh frogmen and snake men, luckily the cave crocs were down at teh far end so they didnt bother us, really need to catch that male and one of the females...
two of the miners had broken bones by the end of the dig out...
And i got two kills! haha!

summer-

Obok and andrew riley channeled themselves into a peice of land, idiots, have sent a mason to build a floor so they can get back over and continue to work...
The power for the project is almost done...
The sad thing is that the tower isnt even one floor finished...

Andrew the armok dammed dwarf decided to dig a channel on the tile he was standing on, and fell into the river.

Its a damn miracle!
Somehow the dwarf got it into his brain to finally swim up to the staircase and climb OUT of the water before he drowned!
(Your damn lucky i saved him, serriously was an accident how he  channeled himself into the water, lizardmen were like slowly aproaching him)

16th hemitite.
A human caravan has arrived, as well as a diplomat.
A kobold theif was spotted by the caravan and run over.
It survived somehow and was then run over again, a war dog and a human guard finally put it out of its missery.

We traded all the narrow, large and small clothing to the humans, as well as all the rock crafts, for wood, iron anvils, a lot of meat, some weapons, some armor, some more meat, some barrels, some meat, some more meat, some drinks, some meat.
Oh, did i mention meat? Yeah we traded a lot for that meat... no idea why... Well i let the traders go with a large profit so they can bring more caravans next yeah.

The mayor talked with the diplomat and i have forced him to request a lot of iron bars, wood, and lots more barrels... prehaps some meat...

--------------------------
Part of the update, dont really have much time, may get the rest up today may not.
p.s. WHAT IN HELL IS WITH ALL THE KOBOLDS, LIKE 500 OF THEM ARE COMMING.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 12:54:25 am by silhouette »
---

mal7690

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2010, 01:14:22 am »

It probably has something to do with the what, 8? artefacts we have now?

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2010, 01:54:47 am »

(HAHA, yours truely got possessed now :D)
---

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2010, 11:34:21 am »

So, did the military get any deaths? I remember our last ambush ended with a champion dying, after one of my men decides to rush out, by himself, and take on like four people. It was aggrivating. Happily, you can station the crossbowdwarves, and fire down upon our enemies.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

mal7690

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2010, 09:02:21 pm »

Okay this is taking way too long for my tastes.

silhouette, can you get the save up asap so this can proceed?

Zeffrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2010, 04:15:25 pm »

Silhouette interrupts upload save: taken by mood
GENERATION 26:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2010, 11:55:25 pm »

THIS POST NEVER EXISTED.
Silhouette interrupts upload save: taken by mood
this pretty much, sorry bout it all, been a buzy time here.

---

Blah blah the blah blah late summer.
It seems i made cagecrystals (mokezzas) a native copper coffin...
Its encrusted with native copper and turtle bone...
it menaces with spikes of cave spider silk...

15 galena later summer
It seems we have started striking cats eyeballs....
crazy miners...

20th galena.
Ive let magma out of the pipe and into this little place near barky, barky should be fine, if not we will be having roasted ice wolf...

25th galena.
it seems the humans really want leather crap...
especially tnaned hides and backpacks.
On a side note, the magma is ever creeping closer to the hole in the ground... soon we shall have a magma fall...

27th galena.
we have a magma fall!
well we do temporarily till it fills up... then we will have a magma reserve... for random reasons...

28th galena.
OH SHI- FIRE IMPS...
now they have a way to get out and into the open air...
oh well, the next leader can deal with them...

8th limestone early autumn.

We have finally dug out the furniture stockpile area...
Now we can get back to mass producing blocks for the tower... damn those masons and their cravings to make blocks that arnt obsidian!

13th limestone.

dwarven caravna has arrived.
And 2 goblin ambush with it, ive ordered all xpt the soldiers to stay inside... and i really wanted to find out where in hell andrew riley was going outside...
Aparently the goblins were lead by elves... and by some miracle that mule surived after being surrounded by 5 goblins... dito to the trader leading it...
Another ambush... the merchant guards really did a good job...
Nevermind, a donkey died.. and his merchant started running off onto the ice...
(EDIT: seems the dwarf caravan pissed off right after the merchants donkey died... the liason stayed but the rest all just went off...)

3rd sandstone.
Some random metalsmith got possessed... this may not end well...

6th sandstone...
ok...
thats weird...
ive noticed that stukos is carrying a dwarven wine barrel around where-ever she goes... seems she really loves dwarven wine...

22 sandstone.
Migrants have arrived...
8 dwarves and 2 cows.
this brings out pop total to 79,,,
i havnt assigned them jobs, the next leader can do that, you can tell who they are as they are the ones without a nickname.

6th timber
seems the crocodiles in the ug river have given birth to a croc hatchling... my advise is to let them breed til lthere are more than 2 males and female each,making it possible to catcha breeding pair that can be tamed...

10th timber
another croc hatchling...
Dont ask how i know this... i think armok beams it straight into my head... For some damn reason.... i perdict bad things happening later...

13th timber.
An idiot recruit got stuck in the "safe" room ( hehehehehe...) having a drink from a forbidden barrel (he deserves what he gets!) when the water came down and trapped him in there, currently I myself am going to rescue him... i really shouldnt... But we need to get that water out of the tunnel otherwise its not going to BE a proper "safe" room

21st timber.
Kethas has orginized a party... i really should chuck him in the "safe" room... but its flooded with water and who would meet with the liasons?

24th timber.
we have struck the stones of the sun...

12 moonstone...
Seems the idiotic dwarves are trying to swim up the place where water is still above their heads rather than going the safe way... idiots... theyre doing that to try to haul the copper nuggets to that stone stockpile i put up ( trying to save all the metal i can from the dug out areas before i release the magma...)

14 moonstone...
it seems kobolds can come in from that entrance i built... i best put some walls up so they cant get back in... oh well, it was a good place to access the tower... damn them and their lockpicking skills...

16th moonstone..
just as we were atempting to widen the gap where the magma will be supplied for the tower, obok spontaniously combusted... either a fireimp is to blame or the magma came back up as he was working... i doubt we can save  him...

17th moonstone...
mebtob tried to recover obok but i quickly put him on military duty to save his life aswell... rather than running around screaming like dwarfs usually do, it seems that obok is just sitting there picking his nose unaware that he is on fire... or is being hurt...
he shall be given a true dwarves funeral... by being destroyed in magma.. aswell as his belongings...

on other note the isolation "safe" room is almost completely dried out...
Once it is we can finally plot a farm there...

10th opal.
The "Safe" room has been finished!
And a special dwarf has been used to test the room!
This room shall protect whoever is inside it as it is completely surrounded by magma!
But dont worry, this "safe" room has a farm for feeding the inhabitants...
aswell as a still so you can make your own beer!
it also has one great bedroom!

11th opal...
aparently eshtan has died from thirst... probably the metalsmith who got in a mood... i completely forgot about him...

-----------
side note: warm damp obsidian stone? lol.
------------------------------------

17th opal.
Kethas has been taken by a fey mood... (awww not fell :(, a killer mayor would be wicked)
Kethas took over a crafts shop.

2nd opal, it seems kethas needs shells... and metal bars... and a crap load of rocks...
Ive ordered a peasant to go fish... and hopefully obtain some turtles...
Ive also turned back the fishers who came threw migration back to fishery duties so they can try to catch some turyle aswell... otehrwise kethas is doooooomed DOOOOMED...
What luck... on my year of running this insane place two previous leaders have something bad happen to them...
Well atleast magma hasnt flooded the fort...

yet...

26th opal...

What...
in....
armok?

It seems the ug river just stops in the middle fo the place, going nowhere... just being crushed into nothingness while the creatures just stay there not giving a crap...
well except teh ocassional olm man who jumps out to say hi and then gets hit by a hail of bolts...

28th opal...

Well i died...
Damn that ug river... and damn those cave crocodiles...
Andrew riley is avenging my death...
ive also ordered the champions to avenge me aswell...
it seems i still have some contol over them from beyond the grave...
I Have also picked out another person to possess... he shall be my new body... (insert evil laugh here).

And andrew riley now died...

We now have only one miner... tulon... the random one...

1st obsidian late winter...

Kumil just leaped into the water and started freaking mass murdering all the creatured in the ug river...
ALL OF THEM.
ive ordered another staircase to be build so kumil can get out...
Luckily the croc hatchlings swum away from the psycho...

2nd obsidian...
Doesnt look good for kumil... hes over-exert and surrounded by those bastard cave crocodiles...
kumil has been struck down... aswell as aban... some random brewer...

3rd of obsidian...

blood stains the river, it flows down through the waterwheels and out the otherside... it shall make a nice snack for the creatures living in the other end of the ug river....
NOW KOGAN HAS DROWNED.
CURSE THIS UG RIVER!
CUUUURSE YOOOOOOOOOOU
ALSO CURSE YOU LAST MINER...
CURSE YOU FOR BEING SO SLOW.

-----------------

Ok ima end it here... lol...
i may keep going but at this point i wont get off at 1st of spring...
i serriously think the dwarf in the safe room is going to be the only survivor if i dont end my turn now...

Also have a look whos in the safe room... :D.

And we have no military deaths from ambushes or seiges... rather we had deaths mainly by the ug river... serriously unplanned, all i wanted to do is find out what the hell was up with that river, water spontaniously coming out of nowhere!

I expect the (OIOOOH SHIT I NEARLY LOST ALL THIS WRITING I ACCIDENTLY CLICKED BACK OR SOMETHING) as i was saying... i expect the person after me to play the end of this year and till spring 1st next year.

lol...
damn you ug river... DAMN YOOOOOU

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 04:37:32 am by silhouette »
---

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2010, 04:39:33 am »

also...
can someone re-dwarf me? (mason if poss)
if not for the sake of slaughtering me over and over again (i know the person in the "safe" (read ISOLATION) room will want to... )

heres the save

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1764
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 05:14:20 am by silhouette »
---
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10