Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Songkest: Scourgemarsh [A gnollish community fortress] NEED MORE PEOPLE!  (Read 4249 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Songkest: Scourgemarsh [A gnollish community fortress] JOIN IN!
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 06:22:40 pm »

'13th Granite, 33:

Well, been a while since my last entry. been busy keeping on high alert for myself., while I've been keeping others busy. The defences are stronger now... we have no way for kobolds to sneak into our place, while any snatcher will have trouble getting past the same obstacle, four teathered wardogs at the gate. it slows down caravans slightly, but it's the price of security.

The doors to the courtyard from the outside are decently made as well,remotely operated from the underground portion. WE are still building the first few floors of the walls, so there will be more time spent underground.

I'm glad to have my own bedroom, and the other private bedroom belongs to Spoku and her mate. after all, while some gnolls like to do it out in the open, others do not. I mearly give them the choice.

The caravan is here as well, that is partly why i write this. I'm having goods from the previous siege brought out to the trade depot, so that Stoslo may trade and barter. i think they brought a third wagon.'

---------------------------------

Okay, Omegastick, Stoslo is the trader, and she is now marked as claimed. i made her nickname the same as her normal name to mark it within game.

The current list of taken gnolls is as follows:

Bean, miner, Beanchubbs
Kalri, 'Pack leader' marksgnoll, Myself
Spoku, Glassmaker, Metal militia
Stoslo, Trader, Omegastick
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 06:25:41 pm »

I have added a list of non-claimed gnolls and a list of claimed gnolls to the first post.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:33:49 pm by Rivesand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 07:33:48 pm »

I'll take any male founder. Name him 100killer9.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 08:40:01 pm »

100, i'll give you Oda, under the nickname 'Killer9', if you will answer why you wanted a founder Gnoll.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 08:43:07 pm »

'15th, Granite, 33:

It seems that the goblins are back as well, they have appeared on the horizon, before the Gnoll caravan has made it in... the ground isn't the best for wagon wheels afterall.

I heard that Oda, the mate of Spoku, has a nickname... not sure what it is... i'll figure that out later, when things are a bit calmer, and the gates are closed with the caravans inside.'

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2010, 09:04:31 pm »

Because, I'm vain and need to feel important.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2010, 09:22:57 pm »

Because, I'm vain and need to feel important.

fair enough i suppose.

------------------------------

'10th, slate, 33:

The trading has been done. the goods we had were enough to buy the silver and iron off of our Fellow Gnolls with a goo profit for them, while we also bought food stuffs and silk cloth from the Goblins. Useful material, and very soft.

We now have five human slaves, that should be enough to start breeding them. hopefully it's one male and four females.. but we will see. we can also use the cages they came in for a future prison.

I spoke with Oda today as well, or should I say, killer9... an odd Gnoll to be certain, but he is a decent logger. 

I've ordered that the plans i have to get the metal and glass industry going, started, starting with a tunnel to the magma-pipe. the buildings are in place already, just need the heat.'

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2010, 09:52:38 pm »

'25th, Slate, 33:

WE have more gnolls from our homes, coming from the north horizon... it would appear that they got a bit lost... i will have to meed with them, and I'm sending word for them to be directed to the commons room, which will be moved elsewhere later on.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is alot... taking us from around 16, to nearly two score.. fourty... And in the middle of all this, Slobu seemed to become very secretive, taking over the woodshop... gathering several logs and some bones... she has started to work at least.. but this is an interesting ocourance.'

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 12:10:31 am »

Okay everyone, sorry for my hiatus, i have felt like t-total carp lately... bad wisdom teeth... ouch.. still need to get them out, but i got used to my pain meds to think straight. An update is in the works.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Songkest: Scourgemarsh [A gnollish community fortress] NEED MORE PEOPLE!
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 12:27:53 am »

'26th, Felsite, 33:

Bean and Smunstu have been taking shifts for the magma tunnel, and they have found warm stone... just as I had planned... i will have Smunstu break the wall... I do not want Bean to be hurt by this endeavor. Soon though, we should have several glowing forges and furnaces...

I heard the screams from up top... then they died off... i do believe that Smunstu has burned to death. She will be missed by those she met, who were not that many... but now we need to seal up the tunnel.'

'1st, Hematite, 33:

Well, the tunnel has been sealed, and we await the heat to arrive to the forges. No one really knew the Gnoll who died, but she did a good job i believe. May Os Dusttomb embrace her.'

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 12:40:53 am »

'10th, Hematite, 33:

Pack Leader Kalri's log:

Orcs! Orcs are on the eastern horizon... it seems to be a sizable raiding party of the savages... smooth green skin... ugh... and just after Bean and I declared the mating rituals too... It looks like only wrestlers and spear users... total of 14... oh how i HATE orcs... these savages will learn what pain is when i turn them into tender meat for the kitchens...'

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 01:07:19 am »

Map archive has begun. for I will post more links later on as the map evolves.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7783-scourgemarsh

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 01:39:47 am »

'24th Hematite, 33:

Pack Leader Kalri's Log:

Well, the forges have finally settled in. the orcs are at our now closed gates... they closed just in time for the gates to slam shut in the face of one of them, tossing it back... soon i will be ontop of the walls, and piercing their hearts with my bolts.

I am also ordering supplies made to create green glassmetal, and green glass spikes. we will have some traps for out front the gates after this siege. *an image of an orc skewered on a spike is seen.*'

'5th Malachite, 33:

Orcs are a pain in the tail. I had someone deconstruct a section of upper wall so i could shoot at them from fairly close, but due to the lack of good bolts, I'm using wooden ones. they are not doing much against even these sitting targets... but then again, they are thick-headed beasts, and probably thick-skinned as well... perhaps they would make decent leather? i'll have to find out as soon as they are dead, all of them.'

'20th, Malachite, 33:

Pack Leader Kalri's Log:

Been busy keeping watch over these gnolls, as they gather up the spoils of victory. AS the orcs left, i gave chase to two wounded wrestlers, and killed one. he bled to death before he could escape... it turns out, they do not make good leather or meat, trust me, I tried. Anyway, our metalworks are coming into full production of glass and metals. going to melt down the iron of the orcs and use it to our own devices.

There are three mated couples in the fortres, counting myself. and a total of five pups. we number at 37.'
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 02:11:41 am by Rivesand »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2010, 07:00:27 pm »

'26th Malachite, 33:

Pack leader Kalri's log:

Out to the west, someone spotted some gnolls in the forest, coming towards us, none of them appeared armed. they were marching single file as they came up to our gate, which was open for them. as they came in, i asked their skills, names, and relations, writing them down.

Included is a list of the new members of the fortress.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The above list of new Gnolls, brought our number to be 48 strong.'

-----------------------------

i am bringing this community fortress back up. i had honestly forgotten, due to pain meds messing with my mind, but i'm doing good now.

-----------------------------

'7th, galena, 33

Pack leader Kalri's log:

I was relaxing in the old commons, which is still in use, ears keeping alert as i listened to the conversations of the new arrivals still buzzing around, when a shudder runs down my spine to my tail. it would seem that others felt it too, as the room became quiet, and then i think it was Aba, it wasomeone wearing the stone-worker white, tore out of the commons room, and i followed, calling after them to stop, but no work, they tore off to the crafter's workshop, and started to gather materials.

This was very odd, but i was not getting in the way, due to the fact that there was nothing needed from the workshop at this time.

I left them to their own devices, as they seemd to not be themself.'
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:17:36 pm by Rivesand »

Pages: 1 2 [3]