Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Songkest: Scourgemarsh [A gnollish community fortress] NEED MORE PEOPLE!  (Read 4248 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Songkest: Scourgemarsh [A gnollish community fortress]
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 11:28:09 pm »

'2, opal, 31:

Pack leader Kalri's log, I'm currently sitting up in our temporary guard tower, as i watch over the first walls being built. i have a decent stockpile of bolts up here, as i sit on an overturned bin, my skill is fairly good, while not legendary, they will suffice against the possible thief or beast. The well is doing good, and soon we shall have some basic metal works if all goes to plans...

Something tells me that the blood of the mountains also rises somewhere nearby... i have sent Bean to search an area i think may have it... there is obsidian here, so that is a good sign of it.

That Bean is starting to look handsome,as of late... I've caught him watching me, from time to time... and I've caught myself looking at him, tail wagging.

Speaking of watching, i've noticed Spoku (the glass-worker) and Oda (one of the woodworkers) spending time together more than others.'
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 11:46:03 pm »

'9th, Opal, 31:

HA! i knew it... this place is truly a good find,the blood of the mountain runs here, plentiful! Bean was safe, he did not get hurt when he found it, and the imps can not climb up out of the pipe... i need to find a way to kill them off though... i must be careful... may Os Dusttomb find them swiftly, and pass over me.

With the finding of the magma, we can really kick things into higher gear, mostly with the glass, with no need for charcoal soon... metal and glass... ahh green glassmetal shall soon be in full production as well. The Kutari were geniuses with temperign the glass to a metal-like hardness.

Glassmetal is worked differently than other metal, in that it is cast, not hammered.'
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 12:44:27 am »

2nd, Granite, 32:

It is a new year, and only two days into it, a bonding ritual has occurred, between Spoku and Oda. I'm sure they will be getting busy soon... that reminds me... I need to go talk with Bean later... I also havn't heard of the fire-imps for some time... since the pipe ws found.. maybe my prayer was answered by Os Dusttomb... I may never know.'

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 01:00:49 am »

Okay, i really want people to choose a gnoll, I'm trying to keep the story going ,but I'm trying to not use the non-claimed cast so far. there are still 4 unclaimed gnolls, and soon more will come.

------------------

15th, Granite, 32:

It's early spring, and it would seem that our kindred have come with a small supply and scout party. this is good, because now the warchief will know of our progress. We will give the caravan some goods so that they will bring more next time that they come around... due to the tfact that they probably sent little out this far from home.

Time to get busy and stay alert in the tower.'

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 01:15:12 am »

I'm sure they will be getting busy soon... that reminds me... I need to go talk with Bean later

??? ???
Nice updates by the way, short simple and to the point. I also really like Gnolls, the heyena-men kind.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Songkest: Scourgemarsh [A gnollish community fortress] JOIN IN!
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 01:30:13 am »

Kalri looks at the liaison that was sent along with the two wagons, and at her calendar, it was the second of slate, and the trading had been done already. among the items, were food, cloth, specifically spider silk, some rope, two bins of leather, and a few barrels of drink, along with some seeds. she was going to see about setting up a brewery here, as soon as the labor was available, and the barrels.

"So, i take it the Warchief sent you Gnolls to see how well our progress was, did he not?" Kalri asked, with a smirk, Crossbow at her side.

The liason Ur Gloomgilds nodsand he responds. "The warchief indeed sentus, and we will send word to him that you have set up a decent looking bastion, for just the seven of you working... the walls of the compound are small and incplmete, but you are not a disappointment, so it would seem. The warchief did say you were a tactical thinker, and we hear you have magma you are working on routing for industrial use. none of our ind have been very successful with such a task, but we shall see."

Kalri looks at the long winded liason, and then gets down to the negotiations about supplies. "i want some dye seeds, Blade grass ,goldenleaf, hide root... i want some barrels of various liquors, also some turtles, I'm quite fond of them, and their shells are of use. see about bringing some iron if you can, maybe some silver. Oh and another few human slaves... maybe some other beasts as well."

The liaison nods, chuckling. "Yes, i'm sure you would, humans are quite the tasty meat. I'll see what i can do. now, as for what we want next time... WE would liek various crafts, legwear, cheese if you an, and some anvils. therei s a bit of a shortage of those."

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 03:12:00 am »

'12th Hematite, 32:

damn them to the hells... the humans found us... they are laying siege to our fortress... we will start to hide within our compund, secure from their blades and arrows... it is only a small party it seems.  they are mounted however, and there is a crossbow user i can see from my tower...they are to the north. How they found us i do not know.

Corection, it is a sizable party of humans, mostly hammer wielders, i think they are all mounted. tough our walls are incomplete, I had planned for this kind of occasion, due to the inevitable sieges that would happen.'
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 03:15:10 am by Rivesand »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 04:15:52 am »

'9th, Galena, 32:

WEll, the humans are still around, and thus it is slowing down our progress... we can not gather more lumber. They are to the north east... watching us... only the squad leader is mounted on a horse, and there is a equal number of wrestlers and hammer wielders.

This is getting annoying... i can not just go and shoot them, due to the crossbow wielder among their own ranks... all i can do, is currently pray to Os Dusttomb that pain and death falls upon that one human...'

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 04:22:35 am »

okay, i might not get any updates done tomorrow, due to a dentist appointment, just so you all know.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 07:02:18 am »

Ignore the previous post... i played for a bit more ,but we'll see for tomorrow.

---------------

'8th Moonstone, 32:

It would seem that the bonded couple have had a pup! a boy! His name is Asten Enterpandered. The three of them worship Stuxul, the goddess of lust. Heh... figures followers of her would get to it like rabbits.

In other news... teh humans still have not left... though the marksman seems to have died... not sure how... but his bones are out in the field, as is his equipment, including a clear glassmetal crossbow. How i long for the day that tey all leave us be... o ne way or another... i have an idea to lure them closer though... we shall see if it works.'

'10th Moonstone, 32:

Heh, it worked. i opened the outer gets long enough to lure them closer to the walls and the tower... so far made one kill... the others are soon to die... they are just sitting there like ticks on a dog... just waiting for a hot flame...'

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 05:32:19 pm »

sorry not for posting in this topic. Mostly lurking around a bit.

Nice work here. Would it be possible for you to upload the gnoll raws? I'd like to pick over them a bit.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 09:02:38 pm »

I will upload my mod cluster to the dffd later, they will be in separate folders in a mass zip file.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 09:44:09 pm »

Kalri chuckle,s looking at the pin-cushioned kobold at her feet, before going back to her watch-tower, to write some more.

'19th, Moonstone, 32:

It's early winter, and it would seem that some goblins have come around here... it seems to be a scout party, that is interested in trading. I have ordered some stuffs brought to the depot, which is still covered with food stuffs from the Gnoll caravan. We shall see what they have... small creatures, but they might serve us well here...

They also seem to have brought kobolds with them, perhaps not intentionally. well, time to keep an eye out for my pack... even if others take lead, i'm the one in charge here, and they all know it.'

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 10:11:54 pm »

15th, opal, 32:

We have newcomers, to the east... it would seem that some have been sent our way... i will meet them on the commons room, and figure out how many and what they can do.

Okay, the list is as follows;

Male ranger,
Female peasant,
Female potash maker,
Female carpenter,
Male glassmaker,
Female milker,
Female Brewer.

That is it. they bring our number up to fifteen strong, counting one pup.

The milker will set to become a mason and miner, she could use the work, and we could use the walls built soon, before another siege.'

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 10:24:27 am »

I'm in, I'll take the female trader. If I missed something and she's taken I'll take whoever owns the pup.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3