Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Oh god, my coffee and tea addiction is coming back  (Read 4985 times)

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god, my coffee and tea addiction is coming back
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 05:29:12 pm »

I don't know anything about the effects coffee has on kidneys, but I have heard it's good for preventing heart disease and dementia...frankly I'd rather lose a kidney than my heart or mind.

Yeah, well I'm too tired to explain so I'll keep it short... caffein seems to have some kind of stuff (forgot the name) that inhibits (or well, decreases) the iron resorption of the cells, which raises the chance of possible cramps (in your legs for example). That's why I stopped drinking five cups of coffee a day... just yesterday I had a hell of a spasm in my left calf. ;_;

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009, 05:33:04 pm »

Sugar in tea is an abomination and should carry the death penalty.
Only when there is no honey added in with it.  It's only okay if no honey is available.  Full agreement with everything else, though.  I was forced to drink some awful Food Lion tea.  It absolutely needed that sugar and cream.  I normally don't put much in at all.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009, 05:43:47 pm »

Eww Coffee. Stuff makes me sick just being near it.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2009, 05:57:03 pm »

Guys stop massacring tea in this thread! Sugar in tea is an abomination and should carry the death penalty. A tiny spot of milk (And I mean tiny, it makes me shudder when I see cups of tea that are half milk) or alternatively a slice of lemon. Always use a teapot instead of tea bags and for gods sake buy something good, it doesn't have to be expensive but good quality and consistent. I hate some tea brands where they obviously don't bother with a taster so the taste changes from batch to batch.

Yes I'm English  ;D

This.  Good tea shouldn't need milk or sugar to make it taste good, so any milk or sugar should be to slightly change the flavor, not overwhelm it. The only exception there that I can think of is some of the Indian teas with spices, which should be drunk with milk and sugar (ideally, sweetened condensed milk). If the tea is too bitter, it means that you are over-brewing it, or you are using really bad tea, both of which are bad.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2009, 07:38:03 pm »

Oh shit I'm allergic to coffee.  Or tea I don't know which.

I just stumbled home with shooting kidney pain.  I only had like one cup of each today!  Jesus.  Ow.  I'm really going to hope this goes away, and I'm going to stop goddamn drinking the stuff before I make it worse.

Now I'm going to go pass out.  With strict orders to my roommates to call an ambulance if I pass out so hard they can't wake me up.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2009, 08:18:11 pm »

Oh shit I'm allergic to coffee.  Or tea I don't know which.

I just stumbled home with shooting kidney pain.  I only had like one cup of each today!  Jesus.  Ow.  I'm really going to hope this goes away, and I'm going to stop goddamn drinking the stuff before I make it worse.

Now I'm going to go pass out.  With strict orders to my roommates to call an ambulance if I pass out so hard they can't wake me up.

You should see your Doctor anyway. <.< Never heard of someone being allergic to caffein. But then again, people can be allergic to pretty much anything.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2009, 08:31:26 pm »

Caffeine*

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2009, 08:46:25 pm »

You could have kidney stones
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2009, 11:25:58 am »

You'll be fine.
I'm a real raving caffeine addict with a stupid tolerance to caffeine.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2009, 01:14:09 pm »

Let's see..

Though moderate caffeine intake isn't likely to cause harm, too much can noticeably affect your health. Heavy daily caffeine use — more than 500 to 600 mg a day, or about four to seven cups of coffee — can cause:

Insomnia - Got this
Nervousness
Restlessness - This too
Irritability
Nausea or other gastrointestinal problems
Fast or irregular heartbeat
Muscle tremors
Headaches  - Yup, Migraines actually.
Anxiety

And no, don't care. I'd rather drink coffee and tea and have some possible mild issues rather then give it up and be sleepy all day.

You should care, if your health is important to you.  ;)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2009, 01:20:48 pm »

There are benefits to drinking coffee too. Like anything else, moderation is key.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2009, 01:23:04 pm »

You know what else is good in moderation? Magma.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2009, 01:30:58 pm »

There are benefits to drinking coffee too. Like anything else, moderation is key.

Benefits? Care to explain?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2009, 03:56:56 pm »

Well, there is the sense of alertness it gives you.  Plus, while it doesn't make you less drunk, it will at least speed you up a bit.  You'll still be slobbering drunk, though.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]