Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A dream...  (Read 5423 times)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A dream...
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2009, 11:01:09 am »

Something I found funny was...

I used to dream about hunting or being hunted. In all kinds of settings, as a human, a weird alien(?) race, animals in the jungle, in cities, like in computer games, like in action movies. The setting always changed, but the feeling of either hunting or being hunted was ALWAYS there. Sometimes it happened both in the same dream, usually switching the role somewhere along the way.

When I picked up playing paintball, those dreams just disappeared, pretty swiftly, and I used to wake up a lot more rested.

I was mountainbiking for years before that, so it wasnt just a case of too much energy left. I think ... it was because I found a valve for my archaic instincts  :o

I'm actually a very peaceful guy, I try to express my anger when it needs to be, so it doesnt make me sick in the long run, but I definetly try to avoid physical violence, not only because I dont want to get hurt, but also because I dont want to hurt others.

But only when I "hunted" and "was hunted", even in a safe environment, in real life, the dreams just were gone.
I mean, I always LIKED those dreams, but I always woke up exhausted.
Now I cant afford to play anymore, I got the dreams again, but a lot less often than I used to.

My theory is... we're basically still cavemen, our bodies evolute a lot slower than the environment we have to adapt to. So it's not really that far out to assume we want to strike down something in a martial fight once in a while.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 11:04:14 am by Puck »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]