Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: A dream...  (Read 5411 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: A dream...
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 09:44:03 pm »

My dreams are messed up. On Monday, I was making a bunch of prizes for the winners of the competition that was happening. (I don't know what it was.) Anyways, I was working in this sweet mansion, and we decided on FOOD to be the prizes. Fourth got pudding, third got rice, second got ice scream, but we didn't have enough rice for first! (Somehow, it HAD to be rice.) All of a sudden, someone shat a brick of gold and we made a golden road out of it, and the winner came in and put it in his mouth and left.

Then I woke up.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 09:57:20 pm »

I luv my dreams, especially the more screwed up ones, even the scary ones.  Its like a free book/cable/acid trip all in one.

I also knowingly dream almost every night.  Although I know some people that tell my they remember dreaming a dream 7 years ago, to which I go, WTF?
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 07:33:13 am »

Psycho Jelly - Now that is an epic dream.
Sadly(?) I very rarely dream, or maybe I just don't remember? I don't know...but I surely never ever had weird dreams like this.

Everyone dreams, but some people are better at remembering them than others. We go through several episodes of dreams while we sleep. People are more likely to remember them if they wakeup during or soon after they are over.

Yep, I read about that, I just don't know that what's up with my head.  ;D I mean I very rarely remember any of my dreams. It's weird, isn't it?  :D
[However maybe that's a good thing, at least I don't have nightmares at all!  ;D]

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 09:47:24 am »

I have a lot tornadoes in my dreams, but it's never a nightmare. It's just awe at how no construction of man can stand against nature.
A lot of times when I remember my dreams, they're about tornadoes. I'm usually at my house and we see a tornado out in the distance and we freak out for awhile. The tornado usually dissipates or changes direction thus sparing us.
In the last dream I remember about tornadoes there were several visible on the horizon all surrounding my house, which is on a hill. I remember the sky being all vivid and bloomy.. it was kinda surreal.
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2009, 05:08:30 am »

Funny, my last dream involved finding a dead deer for my friend's sexual art project, and then sneaking past some security guards to bring it to his house. This is why I don't try to determine the meaning behind my dreams.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2009, 05:14:09 am »

This is why I don't try to determine the meaning behind my dreams.
As far as I understand it, there are dreams that mean something. Dont ask me how to tell which ones. Usually when your subconsciousness is trying to process some of your experiences blablabla yadda yadda, you know what I mean.

And then there are "random" dreams. I call them "lego dreams". That happens when your brain is done processing. All it does then is take parts of your memories, and play around with them, arranging them new, being creative, like an artist or a child with - sopryze - lego blocks. Stuff like this can get pretty damn weird / interesting. But it doesnt mean jack.

the trick is to tell them apart.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2009, 05:15:25 am »

Hmph, I do not think I have experienced a dream that was not a blender of random memories.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2009, 05:16:22 am »

But even the stories of the dreams that mean something are usually told using blended random memories.

edit: there are also some simple and effective techniques to educate your "dream perception". Basically it boils down trying to picture a part of yourself, lets say your hand, and something outside of you, a random object, in your mind. Try to see the things youre picturing as detailed as possible. Force yourself to see em as detailed as possible. And switch back and forth between your hand and the random object.

do that every night in bed before you fall asleep, in no time you will remember a lot more dreams than you used to. The question is always... do you want to  ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:21:38 am by Puck »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2009, 08:36:34 am »

trying to process some of your experiences

Explain how a guy shitting a golden brick that turns into a road is one of my experiences.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2009, 08:49:06 am »

I have anxiety dreams.
HIGH SCHOOL IS STRESSFUL.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2009, 09:25:36 am »

I happen to be one of those people who can remember a dream they had more than seven years ago (I can't remember how many years ago it was, but that's besides the point), but that might just be due to the nature of the dream.

So there I was-  No, wait, that's not right, I don't actually *feature* in this dream.  I'm just a disembodied spectator watching all the action.

Anyways, two anonymous kids were stealthily making their way through a gargantuan brightly-lit electric blue cavern with a floor made up of hundreds of shallow pools filled with piranhas by the evil henchman (except the store wasn't stocking normal piranhas that day, so the henchman was forced to instead purchase a stock of flesh-eating goldfish), because that's what evil henchmen do (even if they don't strictly exist).

These kids had to be exceptionally careful making their way around the narrow pathways between the shallow pools so as not to fall in and be nibbled to death, while still remaining undetected despite there not being a single jutting rock to hide behind.  Their reason for being in this cave in the first place was to stop the 2D cartoon wolf in overalls and a strange hat who was preparing to blow up the world with his cannon.

I woke up before anyone got anywhere, however. 

Now, you can spend the next few weeks trying to find meaning behind that, or you can save yourself the time and simply cart me off to the looney bin posthaste.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2009, 09:55:10 am »

my last dream involved finding a dead deer for my friend's sexual art project

What the?! That sounds...erm....weird?  ;D

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2009, 10:19:19 am »

Explain how a guy shitting a golden brick that turns into a road is one of my experiences.
Have you, by any chance, ever seen "Wizard of Oz" or listened to Elton John's "Yellow Brick Road" ?

If not, I'd say, you're surpressing your desire for scat play and watersports.

(just kidding, but that was my first association)

;D

Bromor Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2009, 10:36:36 am »

Lately, I find that whatever game I'm playing, I dream about it nonstop.  I finally picked up Spelunky a couple of days ago, and all night, I was playing Spelunky in my dreams.  Before that, it was Dwarf Fortress, and I was building megaprojects in my dreams.

You'd think that it would be pleasant, but it's not.  "d-b-f" over and over and over for four straight hours is not in any way enjoyable.  When I have dreams like that, it makes me NOT want to play the game in real life.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2009, 10:43:49 am »

I have anxiety dreams.
HIGH SCHOOL IS STRESSFUL.

Sadly highschool dreams are still common when you are through with it :p
8 years later and I still dream about highschool now and then!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4