Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: A dream...  (Read 5413 times)

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: A dream...
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 11:39:13 pm »

This thread reminded me of a dream I had this morning.

I was on a roll to dodge game show, kinda like wheel of fortune. First someone spun the wheel, then I had to roll a six sided die to see if i won the prize or not. When the game was over I had won a pair of pink cell phones, a free dinner coupon, a hotel reservation, and a shopping cart.

What can it mean?

Has anyone ever had a recursive dream? When I have on it's an early warning sign I'm gonna get a migraine,

Ugh, yeah I had one of those last month. I dreamed I was asleep on a train traveling through a forest, but I have never been on a train before. Anyway, when I woke up I did not have a headache.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:42:39 pm by Vucar Fikodastesh »
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 02:10:28 am »

I mean, a dream where I dream about dreaming about... ow....

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 06:06:58 am »

I once had a dream where I was at an auction in a rather pleasant mansion. I then realized that it was a dream and woke up.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 06:12:38 am »

I had an end-of-the-world dream once.  Something about the sun going out, but in the process of doing so it caused an intense heat and increase in pressure on earth, causing some of the people who had come out to bear witness on that final day to experience extreme pain and have their faces compressed into something that looked like a monkey.

One of the blessings of dream logic is that you see nothing comical about a bunch of screaming monkey-faced people running around, and instead get to experience the incredibly deep emotions involved with spending the last day of the planet with your family, and looking into the deep orange sun as you feel your own body start to compact from the pressure.

And then there was a dream I woke up from three times.  I was dead tired when I finally did manage to wake up.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 06:22:12 am »

How is it a blessing that, upon witnessing people running around with monkey faces, you think incredibly meaningful thoughts and don't just break down laughing like a normal sociopath? 

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 06:24:28 am »

Because it's a dream, and many things in those that would make you break down in hysterical laughter in real life instead disturb you deeply.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 06:25:23 am »

Stupid dreams. Stupid sensibilities.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 06:30:09 am »

Because I am a very special sociopath.

It's because I'm an emotion junkie.  The feeling of an extremely strong emotion, whatever that emotion might be, gives me some weird sort of inner satisfaction.  I can find humor quite easily, but the intense mixture of feelings sparked from the love, sadness, frustration, hopelessness, relaxation and whatever else you might feel at the end of the world is, of course, an exceptionally rare occurrence.  A sweet tincture of emotions so powerful you can almost feel them being pulled from you chest.

And then you wake up and realize you really should have taken a shower last week, as you smell like the devil's arse.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 06:40:13 am »

Dammit, you made me spray my drink everywhere when I laughed at the last line!

I would also like to point out that when I said sociopath, it was just a substitute for "bay12 forum goer"

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 11:08:29 am »

I had a dream like that.
Either summer or autumn (because there was no snow)
I talked to a being (I somehow knew it was more powerfull than me) that looked human. I know we talked about love (bleh!) the experience was very blissfull (I felt "high" for almost whole day)
Then I was in my room back again. I saw a bomb exploding in the distance. Shrapnels hit me in my left arm. It hurt.

And I also believe that Life is in itself a meaning. Why we live? So that there would be no void...

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 01:21:57 pm »

Psycho Jelly - Now that is an epic dream.
Sadly(?) I very rarely dream, or maybe I just don't remember? I don't know...but I surely never ever had weird dreams like this.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2009, 01:28:39 pm »

Psycho Jelly - Now that is an epic dream.
Sadly(?) I very rarely dream, or maybe I just don't remember? I don't know...but I surely never ever had weird dreams like this.

Everyone dreams, but some people are better at remembering them than others. We go through several episodes of dreams while we sleep. People are more likely to remember them if they wakeup during or soon after they are over.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2009, 04:12:13 pm »

I have had so many nightmares that now whenever I have one, I'm less scared and more like "Are you done yet?"

The actual nightmares I do have are truly terrible, though.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2009, 09:09:42 pm »

I had a nightmare wherein I went to school per usual, but when it struck 12 and the nearby church bells started to ring, everyone's head exploded but mine. I stole a car and drove home, only for the tornado siren to go off and a twister touched down right behind me. It trailed me, along the road, to my house, but far enough back that I got home safely. I was running to my basement, and had my hand on the frame of the door, when everything started being disentigrated, little chips of wood flying everywhere, my clothes turned to tatters. Then I was floating in an ocean that existed infinitely in all directions, and I remember talking to my chest, and my heart would answer inside my mind. It was all very mellow at the end... but there was extreme fear during the tornado and face explosions. I just remember thinking while I was floating that my dream was impossible because I was not the sole creation to exist. Noone could make just one thing and be satisfied to watch it be miserable.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2009, 09:12:18 pm »

I have a lot tornadoes in my dreams, but it's never a nightmare. It's just awe at how no construction of man can stand against nature.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4