Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven dreams?  (Read 654 times)

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven dreams?
« on: December 26, 2008, 11:29:26 am »

One of my dwarves go berserk and had a fight with my cook. The cook received some bad wounds (not deadly, but some broken bones), but before he get killed, both the cook and the berserk were caught by cage traps. Of course I set my cook free, and he went instantly to a bedroom to rest. It's a long way from the cage stockpile to the bedroom. But suddenly after the cook was in bed, he "cancels res: interrupted by fisherdwarf". (the berserk was a fisher). But the berserker was in a cage. Outside the fortress. Was the cook dreaming about the fight? There wasn't any other fisherdwarf nearby.

And another question: what to do with the caged berserker?
I'm thinking about a little arena fight with goblins, but it's a little to harmless. I want the little monster (he killed a few dwarves) to suffer. I want blood, I want flesh, I want a bloodspilling, brutal gore-orgy for Armok!
Or at least some cool way to kill him.

(Maybe I sell him to the elves. What would be worse for a dwarf to be the slave of the elves?)

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven dreams?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 01:41:06 pm »

When a dwarf pisses me off (the hammerer for instance) I just toss him into the garbage pit near the butcher shop and let him slowly die of thirst in a purple cloud of rotting donkey chunks. Simple but effective.

If you really want to be cruel you can toss him a barrel of sewer brew every now and then, keep him alive and suffering indefinitely.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 02:09:49 pm »

Put him on a small island. Build a catapult and lob boulders at him

I don't know if berserkers need to eat but he could be used for noble disposal if he doesn't die too soon. Or just caged in the back of your jail permanently

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 02:13:37 pm »

You can't sell untamed creatures to caravans.  The dwarves will bring the cage without the creature.  Meaning the creature escapes.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 02:41:39 pm »

I don't know if berserkers need to eat but he could be used for noble disposal if he doesn't die too soon. Or just caged in the back of your jail permanently

Yeah, he need to eat. But I saw a dwarf who feed the berserker, so I think the bad guy will survive. At least a time.....

Only to cage him is not enough for him. He killed two dwarfs and wounded another. Maybe I'll drain my magma pipe a little bit, construct a small Island in the middle of the pipe, cage the lil' bastard on it and watch him suffer as the magma pipe slowly fills up.......

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 03:15:50 pm »

I believe that this is a "rare bug".
Check out this topic.  :)

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 08:13:43 pm »

Build his cage in your front entrance, and hook it to a lever. When Goblins come, release him and let him repent for his crimes through his glorious death.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?