Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [ART_DEFILE:OFF] in init.txt  (Read 4709 times)

Rob Allen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ART_DEFILE:OFF] in init.txt
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 12:42:00 pm »

Another reason to implement counselors?

The idea first came up when talking about death over-reaction I think.  Maybe what we need is a dwarven psychiatrist that can help grieving/angry dwarves deal with thier emotions and return to a stable state.

Either that or turn your sheriff into a one-man killing machine.

"Depressed?  Go see the sheriff, he's also a shrink.  He'll shrink you up real good.  heh, heh..."

[ December 31, 2007: Message edited by: Rob Allen ]

veryinky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ART_DEFILE:OFF] in init.txt
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 12:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Paul:
<STRONG>It would be rather nice if this was fixed, or if a init option was put in.

I just had my legendary cook go ballistic after one of his numerous (thousands over his lifetime, hundreds and hundreds currently in storage) masterwork food pieces was "lost." I have no clue how it happened, as nothing stole it and they were all in the food stockpile. Only thing I assume may have happened is one of them was eaten by vermin, as he had several hundred 2 size meals that were masterwork that I had him cook while getting him legendary from extra seeds. Either that or one decayed, but none of my prepared meals have any damage and they are all in a massive food storage around the dining area.</STRONG>

Oh. Next time you have a chef that goes art defacement on you, check to see if there's any masterpiece meals stuck in some dwarf's chest or bedroom rotting away. Sometimes dwarves grab a meal, get interrupted before they eat, then put the masterpiece meal they now "own" in a location they control. The meal rots away and causes the chef to go crazy.

Other common things to watch out for are masterpiece bolts (stuck in an animal that leaves the map), masterpiece clothing (gets worn or dirty/bloody, causes clothier to go nuts). Right now I'm trying to figure out why my carpenter is getting an art defacement every season. The masterpieces he's made are 12 beds, 9 barrels and 2 bins and they're still in the fort after every "masterwork lost" event. I thought it was the "masterwork" trade depot he helped assemble but he's still going crazy even after it's been replaced.

Pages: 1 2 [3]