Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: MUD Discussion  (Read 5965 times)

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MUD Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 09:39:27 am »

Noone ever tried Discworld MUD?
It's based on Terry Prattchet's Discworld series of books, though you don't need to have read any of them to enjoy the game.

Yeah I played Discworld MUD for a long 'ol while, think I started my character Flar back in '97 and he's still kicking around!

And your not wrong about the syntax system, DW mud was the first mud I got into and since then other MUD have made me want to tear my fingernails out with their "2.thingie-majig" and "randomobject.1" nonsence. DW uses a system that actually makes sense.

Haven't logged on for a while actually so may have to go dust off the old char and see whats changed!
- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MUD Discussion
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 10:31:35 am »

I had a few rather brief experiences with 3-4 MUDs before. Then 2 years ago I played this Discworld MUD for a total of about 24 hours. The setting was so original that I actually started to read Terry Pratchett books. All of them in chronological order. Will probably finish this in 2 more years and return to the MUD.

The direction from the Discworld MUD to the original books is probably atypical. :) I was precisely searching for a classless, levelless, skill-based, roleplay-encouraged, not too small MUD and found Pratchett along the road.
Pages: 1 2 [3]