Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: LCS 3.12.2 Release  (Read 6451 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 3.12.2 Release
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2008, 04:17:00 pm »

I'm having a weird bug. whenever I start a chase off by [F]ighting with my main fighter group they crash after the first volley of shots is exchanged. This does not seem to happen with my founder however.

update: it would seem that this happes when I don't have a designated driver, instead of choosing one (like it normally does), it just assumes that they are that bad (or that the driver was killed?) and crashes.

[ May 30, 2008: Message edited by: a1s ]

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2008, 07:11:18 pm »

Not really feeling like starting a new thread up for this, but how do I effectively train my combat skills without drawing the police to my hideout or risking getting killed?

Oh, and this is really great game.  ;D

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2008, 07:15:35 pm »

there are 2 ways.

you can turn a conservative with good combat skills, and then have him teach you.
or
you can get a sleeper lawyer (or save up *fish*loads of money), then go kill a few people and turn yourself in to a police officer. the kicker is- it gives you a good amount of juice too.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Gruegirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2008, 11:45:56 am »

in the latest release, sometimes the dead count toward your recruitment cap

Gruegirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2008, 11:44:34 am »

Also wouldn't it make sense if you take the bouncer, make him a sleeper, to make you perma-guestlisted at the club?

Alaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2008, 12:21:02 pm »

No, because a bouncer who lets a group of ragtag blood-covered ruffians wielding medieval mauls into a conservative club will lose his job sooner than you say "liberal".

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2008, 02:06:24 pm »

there are 2 kinds of not getting in.
you are not dressed right.
or
the bouncer has a gut feeling about you.
obviously a sleeper bouncer would only let you through if you were dressed right.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2008, 03:28:50 am »

in the latest release, sometimes the dead count toward your recruitment cap

You can remove the dead from your recruitment cap by disposing of the bodies.

Interesting bug in regards to this, if a leader dies and the body is recovered, sometimes the organization under the leader won't disappear until after the body of the leader is disposed of.

Thus, if your leader dies with no successor, train a successor before desposing of the body!  ;)
Course, don't let the cops raid your safehouse before then, otherwise they'll bury the body for you.  :'(

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2008, 07:29:05 am »

I once had a squad return from a mission with all 6 members of the squad dead (in the current version, 3.12.2).  After I told the game to Wait a day, the program crashed.  I have never had a leader die but get to keep the organization under the leader, though.  That would be cool.  Something weird: if you get a sleeper inside the Conservative Crime Squad and your money gets low, they move to the Homeless Shelter.  Then if Corporate Mercenaries come by and massacre everyone (of course all my other people are somewhere else), the only people who get massacred at the Homeless Shelter are the CCS Vigilante sleepers.  It would be nice if CCS Vigilante sleepers moved along with the rest of the Conservative Crime Squad, so that if you take over the Bar & Grill, they move to the Fallout Shelter, and after you take over the Fallout Shelter they move to the Robert E. Lee Bunker along with the rest of the Conservative Crime Squad.  And sleepers should not move back to the Homeless Shelter, that is retarded.  I wonder if CCS sleepers even have any effect if they are at a different location than the rest of the Conservative Crime Squad.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2008, 11:53:16 am »

It's not just if your money gets low. I've flipped CCS bosses, and had their location immediately listed as the homeless shelter, and/or seen that as where they disappeared from. Seems a bit odd to me; what Arch Conservative is gonna follow some lazy parasite who's content to live on the dole and never pull himself up by his bootstraps?

yggiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2008, 12:02:17 am »

It's not just if your money gets low. I've flipped CCS bosses, and had their location immediately listed as the homeless shelter, and/or seen that as where they disappeared from. Seems a bit odd to me; what Arch Conservative is gonna follow some lazy parasite who's content to live on the dole and never pull himself up by his bootstraps?

Just say hypocracy, like finding CCS goons buying drugs or whatever at the crackhouses. The Boss could also be headlining a Welfare-to-Work program office, fitting army uniforms and .44's onto Transients and Crack Heads who are THERE enough to sign on a dotted line. That would be rugged individualism at its best!

Plenty of story-things to explain bugs.

I love it when my sleepers die of old age, lol Guess I don't need retirees THAT much.

Khlor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2008, 09:09:54 am »

I have a bug to report (though maybe it's been reported already): when I play my Liberal Black Metal to several Conservatives, as soon as one of them turns Liberal, he starts to attack his former comrades... which is all right... but he continues doing so even after they've turned Liberal as well.

[Edit] Also, I have a Liberal who was born in a month with no name (just an empty string before the day number) [/Edit]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 09:11:45 am by Khlor »

Khlor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2008, 06:29:34 am »

Another probable bug with music turnees. I had a Sequrity Guard turned Liberal and immediately shot a Corporate Manager to death. The LCS wass accused of murder by newspapers, though the squad consisted solely of peaceful hippies with guitars.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2008, 09:09:15 pm »

Sounds like an unintentional feature to me.  Chicken hawks can get people killed and blame it on other people.  Liberals own up to thier messes, even the ones that aren't their fault.  Which are you?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2008, 04:23:23 pm »

I think whether it's a problem or not depends on whether your squad was actually charged with murder or if it's just the news reporting on LCS engaging in murder. The news isn't likely to distinguish between a person who was aiding your squad and your actual squad as far as reporting on the destruction the LCS causes, while the police should.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]