Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: LCS 3.12.2 Release  (Read 6448 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 3.12.2 Release
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 06:59:00 am »

go E, I think...
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 07:10:00 am »

GRAW! How the hell do you convert people before it's decided they've been kidnapped?  They always seem to start calling it a kidnapping right when I get their wisdom low enough to have a chance at success.

[ May 25, 2008: Message edited by: Ioric Kittencuddler ]

Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 07:25:00 am »

about all B.
I just created one (including the Assault Rifle birthday, which I inanimately regretted) , and I had 200 juice and 3178$ by January 19th, and by January 29th I had 3 gangsters to do my bidding. I had NO persuasion (this was intentional).

that seems to have involved 11 murders, but it'd be half that if i remembered to remove the AK-47 more often.

also, the new recruitment gives way too much experience. in the prevoius expmaple my founder went form 0 to 2.65 in 9 days with 7 liberals. while in an alternative experiment I gained about 1.5 in a single session with all the recruits it took to get to level 1 in a crack house (so about 30-40).
my suggestion is that you shouldn't be able to talk to more than your recruitment cap (and I mean all of it, not just what is left). or maybe half of that rounded up?

[ May 25, 2008: Message edited by: a1s ]

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 07:43:00 am »

Upon reviewing the recruiting code, I notice that Charisma is NOT part of the calculation, while Intelligence is. This is bad, especially since it's very easy to make a founder that is dumb as a brick, so it'll be changed. I want to do two things:

1) Change some of the creation options to rebalance tracks D and E, give them more intelligence and perhaps focus D better.

2) Make charisma actually be important in recruiting and increase the importance of persuasion over other skills.

For getting Seduction, Interrogation, and Persuasion... in general, track D has a lot of options that boost interrogation or seduction, while track E has a lot of options that boost persuasion. However, neither gives much intelligence.

If you want a founder that is very good at the current recruiting system, emphasizing track C will serve you very well, especially if you grab the religious education from track E when it comes up. 14 intelligence + 3 religion + 2 business + 2 science = a lot of "useless" skills and stats that actually are quite powerful when it comes to having talking points and insight that the people you're recruiting will be impressed by. It's a terrible track for seduction, as it gives you neither inherent skill in it nor a good charisma score, but it's not bad for interrogation if you're willing to start from scratch on the interrogation skill itself -- chances are pretty good that with all the religion, business, and science skills, you'll be able to overcome Conservative beliefs and get special advantages as an interrogator.

For interrogation, I need to work on it and make it easier, I think. Having ways to spend money to improve your chances is probably the best way to do this. For now, being more forceful damages their wisdom faster, but too much force damages their heart. Getting the right balance can help to swiftly put them into a convertible position. Note also that if you're forceful enough and your interrogator has sufficient heart/charisma (an E or D founder probably will) you can convert them by just "befriending" them through the trauma of it all. It's doable, but you may have to be lucky to get that to work fast enough to sleeperize them.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 08:24:00 am »

my sleeper bouncers don't seem to want to let my guys into the club   :confused:

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2008, 08:56:00 am »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:16:52 pm by penguinofhonor »

teabing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »

I think this has been around for a few versions, but I've often been in a high-speed chase with police where the driver of a car chasing me has wrecked or backed off but the passengers in it continued to chase and shoot at me with no car.

Fristrating thing is they seem to keep up with my car on foot, so I can only assume it's a bug.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 01:07:00 pm »

Yeah, it has been around for a few versions, and I did report it a while ago. And it's extremely annoying now that CCS vigilantes chase you-- chases are seriously deadly now. That bug needs to get fixed.

Along with it, should killing of guard dogs really be considered 'murder'? I'm not sure about the animals/things you can release from cages in genetics/cosmetic labs, but I imagine killing them also registers as 'murder'. This should probably be changed. >.<

Also figured I might as well add it... on-scene, currently, Liberals with first-aid skill and are able to stop bleeding DO NOT exercise their skill on hostages that are bleeding... wouldn't you want to keep your meat-shield as long as possible?

[ May 25, 2008: Message edited by: Twerty ]

Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »

hostage negotiation inactivity is displayed wrong (it is light gray when impossible, and dark gray when possible)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 07:00:00 am »

Sleepers in DEB&G consume food (that is to say money), moreover when they run out of money to waste they move to the homeless shelter.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 07:35:00 am »

Hey, I just got sent to prison for 59 years, neato.  of course then the game hangs.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 08:07:00 am »

no it doesn't. give it a minute... or ten.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 08:42:00 am »

Well I closed the game and then opened it again and it said that things changed while I was inside and they don't release people like me anymore.  Then it was game over.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 09:06:00 am »

Yeah, that happens when issues change too much over time. Sometimes, you're just screwed by time.
This is not a signature.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 09:29:00 am »

I've never been all that successful in this game.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4