Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: LCS 3.12.2 Release  (Read 6449 times)

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 3.12.2 Release
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 10:11:00 am »

Me either, but that's why I love it. It's no fun destroying a game and then never playing it again. It's the challenge that keeps it exciting.
This is not a signature.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 02:06:00 pm »

Maybe, but it'd be nice if I could ever actually make any progress at all.  people talk about the Guardian newspaper but I have no idea how they survived long enough to accumulate the funds to buy it.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 05:01:00 pm »

we kill people. a lot. also if you can't buy your own mass media, hijack someone else's.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 05:24:00 pm »

I find that funds tend to accumulate pretty easily if you don't make any big ticket purchases (like a massive arsenal.)  Get a couple garment makers (released from a sweatshop) to sell t-shirts for your day to day expenses.  Then raid industrial sights for a while for lots of sick loot without overmuch danger.  Takes a little while but not all that risky.

In other news, I'm not sure, but I think the game didn't give me a message when a prisoner escapes.  Mighta just missed it.

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 05:51:00 pm »

an update on that sleeper from Bar and grill. last we left him at the Shelter where he moved due to lack of money, well, later he was arrested on the charges of kidnapping, and is still at the police station, the good news is- he can warn me about raids.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 09:24:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Ioric Kittencuddler:
<STRONG>Hey, I just got sent to prison for 59 years, neato.  of course then the game hangs.</STRONG>

A nice small addition would be an output of the year numbers flying by as the program crunched out the impending decent into Conservative Hell/Liberal Paradise, so it didn't seem totally hung and all.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »

I agree.

It'd be a helpful feature if it interrupted keyboard input for a second or so when important messages came up so you wouldn't have to accidentally skip them if you're holding down 'W'.

Hey, anyone ever gotten a CCS Sleeper?

[ May 27, 2008: Message edited by: Ioric Kittencuddler ]

Hanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2008, 09:45:00 pm »

People hold down W? For some reason I never actually thought of this, and ran complex actions every single day, even when all opinions were in the green... I feel dumb and am now going to go hold down w for a while.
ude yo.... just dude

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2008, 09:46:00 pm »

Aye. They're nothing special, but if ya need their hideout info and don't need another thug (and/or don't want to risk upsetting your designated executioner) turning them fast beats dragging it out 'til you get to keep them. I usually have one or two CCS grunts and/or a boss as sleepers, just as a matter of how these things go. But then I'm very kidnap-happy.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 10:00:00 pm »

I'm never able to consistently convert people into sleepers.  Sometimes I get two or three in a row, sometimes it takes 18 days for one.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2008, 12:49:00 am »

Getting sleepers is my bane. In my current game all the popular opinion is in the green so my main operations are kidnappings, but generally they drag out too long. Even generally low level hostages, lab techs and whatnot.
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2008, 10:37:00 am »

I believe that freeing prisoners should be tweaked up somewhat. Police Station is hard to infiltrate, but all convicts are moved to the Court House for a month. And getting them out from there is a piece of cake. I don't need a skilled thief or a considerable force to do a prison break. In fact, I found that a musician with no ranks in security is enough. It's a matter of luck and persistence - a lock-up should generate somewhere near the exit.

[ May 28, 2008: Message edited by: Gantolandon ]

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2008, 11:06:00 am »

not exactly right now you have to ask yourself if you want to lose your operative for a month and risk them telling on you, or do you want to risk your whole squad on a daring raid.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »

Yeah, but keeping a dangerous mass murderer in a low security lockup for a month don't make much sense.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »

I think there are going to be changes to how sites are generated, also due to the huge code refactoring going on.  It may make it much harder to rescue people.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4