Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress and D&D!  (Read 3920 times)

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress and D&D!
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2008, 09:41:00 pm »

Warhammer Fantasy RPG is prolly the best game for it IMO.

good idea!
I havent looked at the new release yet but I bet there are some great careers in there to match up with DF

"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 09:39:00 am »

Sure.  Ditch digger, charcoal burner, peasant...
And some of the Dwarf-race-only classes; Runecarver=Engraver, Slayer=mondo tantruming...
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

DrPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 10:02:00 am »

Dwarf Fortress Dwarf in D&D: Probably a Barbian due to raging(tantrums) with high strength, dex and con. Wis being second priority followed as Int and Cha for the dumb/dump stats. Don't for get to throw your clothing at everyone when you get upset.

Really Powerful Dwarf in D&D: Dwarven Cleric with the Strength Domain and any other high powered domain(Sun, Knowledge). High Wis, str, and con. Cha being second priority. Int and Dex only important for skills. Get Full Plate with a Dwarven Axe and a heavy shield. The Strength Domain has a bunch of great bonus spells and gives the once per day ability to add your cleric level to your strength for some MEGA killing.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 10:48:00 am »

Also you should convince your DM to do something with strange moods.

And if you get a strange mood, and create an artifact mechanism or something, you have to carry it around with you forever and smack people with it  ;)

The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 10:51:00 am »

I don't know about PC strange moods, but it'd make a good quest.  Rush to find the materials the legendary craftdwarf needs as he slowly goes crazy.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 04:57:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by DrPotato:
<STRONG>Dwarf Fortress Dwarf in D&D: Probably a Barbian due to raging(tantrums) with high strength, dex and con. Wis being second priority followed as Int and Cha for the dumb/dump stats. Don't for get to throw your clothing at everyone when you get upset.</STRONG>
I'd picture dwarves more having high intelligence paired with low wisdom. What with the diabolical contraptions they come up with to kill themselves and all.
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 07:39:00 am »

Barbarian Rage is allot more akin to a Martial Trance considering that you retain full control of your character, you just get better for a short while.  Then again, Martial Trance also makes you harder to hit while Rage makes it easier.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!
Pages: 1 2 [3]