Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Chaoschain(Hydra Fortress)  (Read 24391 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaoschain(Hydra Fortress)
« Reply #180 on: April 24, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »

Move ALL of those gems and ores into the storage rooms on z -2. If there's any room left, stuff it with obsidian.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »

Wow, I was all set to order up some smelting operations and Jamini beat me to it.  Cool, saves me some time playing with code tags!  However, let's get the well dug out first, as having just an "okay" by our drink supplies makes me nervous.

Very well, if Rosa wants to bail out fortresses in trouble, so be it!  New standing order:

-If drinks run out in a different fortress, and we have at least 3 barrels of drinks, send one over to the thirsty dwarves in the other fortress.

"There," thought Cobbles as he signed the new standing order.  "That ought to keep Rosa happy, and hopefully we won't dehydrate ourselves before the well is set up.  Sometimes I swear, that woman will be the death of me."

(Sorry I don't post longer story-stuff, all my creative energy has been going into Tale of a Sensible Dwarf lately.)

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
« Reply #182 on: April 24, 2008, 09:27:00 pm »

Ok, good news that the drinks are back up to par.

Send those goods to the surface! (bins take priority)
Trade them for wood to make bins, beds, and barrels with! yar!

DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2008, 03:14:00 am »

Tomorrow(today?) is going to be a busy day. My wife wants me with her and it'll be a day of a million errands, so I don't expect to do an update.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2008, 01:00:00 pm »

Jamani, you may not cross over to where the magma ducts are. The only thing you can do to gain the magma is to dig/carve fortifications/channel/ramp in the 1 space where there is a wall around the magma ducts in the 12/11/13 zone. You cannot build any structures in that area, and it cannot be considered part of your fortress. Your 12 long hallway goes 4 too far, since your "workable" area only goes out 8, with 9 only being possible if it is designed in some way to bring magma into your fortress.

To do your design, that hallway would only be allowed to go east 5. It would end up looking something like this:

code:

L11           L12          L13
    O+O     ++O
    O+O     ++O
OOO  O+O     ++O    OOO        OOO
O>O  O+O     ++O   OO<OO>OO
O+OOOO+O     ++O  OOVVVO     OOPPPO
O<O>PPPO
OOO+OO+O     +++++++VVVO     OOPPPO
 O++++O     +++++++SSSO     OOPPPO
 O+OO+O     ++OOOO<S_SO>PPPO
 OOOO+O     ++O  OOSSSO     OOPPPO
    O+O     OOO   OOOOO      OOOOO

Just tell me to do it and it will be done, with the up/down in the upper portion done as cobbles sleeps and turning into only an up by the time he wakes.

(Edit 1: I have to go to baby classes today and tomorrow, so no real update until monday, just this question for Jamani.)

[ April 26, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

StraightJacket

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 29, 2008, 10:22:00 am »

Hey im one of those forum dwellers that read everyday but rarly post but Damn, im so very impressed with this endevour. Ive just spent a couple of hours reading through all of this. Kogan im so impressed, not only with the effort you putting in, but the sheer genius of the idea!All you fortress Administrators too, you guys are doing fantasticly.

That Said, i would like to be mini-oinioned!

Name: Umli Belch
Profession: Axedwarf and//or Smith

Working either for a fortress or as a member of the trade union defence force. a typical dwarf in many respects, what with his respect for finly crafted metal works or finely remove goblin scalps, umli can find no reason why the dwarven way is the best (only) way. Also a distinctive tract in this dwarf is his inability to be happy when things are fine, he needs struggle, life is his trial. more than once unli waits before calling for back up or deliberatly sides with the underdog.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2008, 02:00:00 am »

I misunderstood how that worked. That alteration of the plan is fine for me.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2008, 10:30:00 am »

I know I haven't been posting updates, but my wife keeps saying "Oh, by the way, we have (insert class here) to attend today at 11 am to 5 pm.

Which just happens to be my dwarf fortress playing time!

:(

By Friday the classes should finally end.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2008, 12:56:00 pm »

Don't count on it finishing so soon. It is only the beginning

Good luck, you'll need it.  :)

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2008, 05:41:00 am »

*bump*

Is this really dead ?

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2008, 12:41:00 pm »

I fear it may be. Sadly enough.

Now Rosa will never get her re... present done.

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]