Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Migrants in 0.47  (Read 6816 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Migrants in 0.47
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2020, 10:59:22 am »

I've been seeing way more legendary dwarves in the current version than usually. Is that a thing for you guys as well? Especially legendary people with social skills. Legendary poets and so on.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2020, 07:11:20 pm »

I've been seeing way more legendary dwarves in the current version than usually. Is that a thing for you guys as well? Especially legendary people with social skills. Legendary poets and so on.
Yes.
It's kind of what everyone has been discussing for the past 4 pages...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2020, 04:36:36 am »

Yeah, also worldgen moody dwarves.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2020, 04:45:02 am »

Yeah, also worldgen moody dwarves.
They've been a thing since the artifacts release a few years ago. Not relevant to increased legendary migrants in 47.x

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2020, 07:33:32 am »

I have a new fort in a newly generated world. No migrants with legendary skills yet, but I've been hit with another oddity: About ~90% of the migrants that came to the fort have been either animal caretakers or herbalists.

Looking at legends reveals that the elves are to blame. Most of these migrants have come from some forest retreat or another, and everyone in forest retreats seems to be either a herbalist or an animal caretaker. Some of the other migrants used to live among the humans before coming to the fort, but those seem to have more varied skills. Some others seem to have either been part of some mercenary company and arrived with some fighting skills, or they've been bards and have various artistic skills. No migrants have come from my own civilisation yet, as far as I can tell, even though they seem to be doing well.

According to Toady, your fort is supposed to attract migrants with professions that are needed. And if no one with the right professions is available, new non-historical dwarves should be created, instead of pulling in a bunch of migrants with the same professions over and over again. That's how it's worked in every other world I've generated so far, but not in this one for some reason. Question is why.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]