Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: On the Origins of Conflict [Godgame]  (Read 4610 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: On the Origins of Conflict [Godgame]
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2020, 11:04:42 pm »

In! You may start posting in the IC thread as soon as you wish. :)
Is my first action viable? I’m having trouble finding where I’m at. What plane am I in now and which ones are connected to it?
Going by precedent, a home plane of corrupted music should have spawned with you, with you being inside.

I believe the songbirds will melt into goop on an astral plane?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 02:02:52 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2020, 11:36:23 am »

Is my first action viable? I’m having trouble finding where I’m at. What plane am I in now and which ones are connected to it?
Going by precedent, a home plane of corrupted music should have spawned with you, with you being inside.

Can I place them on the mortal plane> can I reach the mortal plane from my plane?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2020, 11:45:02 am »

Can I place them on the mortal plane> can I reach the mortal plane from my plane?
Yes, but the costs increase depending on the phase, unless you have heralds on the mortal plane through which you can act.

We are currently in the distant phase, which increases costs of actions on the Mortal plane by +3 Power, this includes creating heralds to bypass the cost increase.

You could travel to the mortal plane from your corrupted plane (and would not need to pay the cost increase while being on the mortal plane), but making gates is also 3 power more expensive during the distant phase. So 9 power for a true gate capable of transporting you. Alternatively, it would cost 6 Power to open a True Gate to the Subdomain of thought which has a True Gate to the mortal plane, which you could then go through to the mortal plane. Beware divine retaliation with this method.

If you wanted to make beings on your plane of music, servants should not melt into goop.

Nakeen seems to not have added you to the god list tho, so I don't know how much power you have available?
Thanks
What location do I start in? Would a new plane of Music be created? Do I start in an existing corrupt plane? I need to know where my plane connects to others so my actions can be done accordingly
New Corrupted Plane going precedent, which also by precedent, does not have connections to any other plane.
[tentative action 1, tell me if this is allowed, does the Law of a pod prevent Corrupted deities from creating new species? If it does, look at action 1
The Law of Nope does not prevent the creation of new species, it just prevents them from reproducing if they have a corrupted origin. Laws do not apply to the actions of gods, meaning you can produce stuff and make gates at your discretion and pleasure.
Well this is just mean.  :(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 02:03:05 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2020, 11:52:36 am »

(Where is my home plane on the planes map? What does its icon look like?)
Nakeen seems not to have added you to the map yet.

UNOFFICIAL MAP WITH YOUR THEORETICAL POSITION ADDED IN. DO NOT MAKE MAPS WITHOUT A LICENCE. NOT FOR SALE TO PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF PRIMORDIAL BEING.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 12:36:03 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2020, 01:30:13 pm »

Thanks for the info. I will edit the cost accordingly to place them in the mortal plane. Also I took another look at Corrupted God creation and one of the perks says I start with 10 power and 7 essence. So I should use 8 power to create songbirds in the mortal plane
Backup action 1 will not be performed
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 01:37:45 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2020, 01:48:38 pm »

Thanks for the info. I will edit the cost accordingly to place them in the mortal plane. Also I took another look at Corrupted God creation and one of the perks says I start with 10 power and 7 essence. So I should use 8 power to create songbirds in the mortal plane
Um I'm just going to point out to you that if you make songbirds in the mortal plane, 1. It would be ludicrously expensive, and 2. the law of nope would make them unable to breed. So you may be better off with making them in your home plane, then opening a gate to the mortal plane during Apex phase, which is coming up in a few turns, which would be a lot cheaper. The songbirds can actually survive in your home domain, and if you want to make sure they can then just mark them as having more powerful souls.
Edit: To explain, abominations are tier 2 entities, and corrupted tier 2 entities can persist in corrupted domains. Oh, and we also have really low power gain, so spend your power sparingly.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 01:51:50 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2020, 02:01:49 pm »

Um I'm just going to point out to you that if you make songbirds in the mortal plane, 1. It would be ludicrously expensive, and 2. the law of nope would make them unable to breed. So you may be better off with making them in your home plane, then opening a gate to the mortal plane during Apex phase, which is coming up in a few turns, which would be a lot cheaper. The songbirds can actually survive in your home domain, and if you want to make sure they can then just mark them as having more powerful souls.
Corrupted Domains:
Planes of pure Corrupted Origin. They can't form naturally, and appear when another Plane gets corrupted.
Corrupted entities of Tier 2+ can persist in them.
Non Corrupted entities up to Tier 4+ can persist in a Corrupted Domain without disappearing. Tier 3 and below are very likely to disappear.
I stand corrected. I was referencing normal Astral domains, in which tier 2 entities turn to goop. I apologize for mistaken answer.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 02:04:18 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2020, 02:12:31 pm »

Also, Naturegirl, I advise joining the Discord. Much faster to get questions answered there.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]