Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: On the Origins of Conflict [Godgame]  (Read 4598 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
On the Origins of Conflict [Godgame]
« on: May 23, 2019, 12:59:19 am »

On the Origins of Conflict
(IC)
(Discord link)

"I am Saga the Chronicler, host of this universe! Behold, O Divines, for I invite you to a game! A most violent and chaotic game, with the fate of this world at stakes. Show me how your Origin dyes the world, and what great stories will be born from your actions."

Nakéen here, with a new godgame! To those who may have never played one, in this game you will play as Gods vying for control in a newborn universe. Create, destroy, argue with nonsensical Gods, pull your hair out over the machinations of that one weirdo, or laugh madly as everything goes horribly right for some reason. Anything goes!

[Godgames being godgames, the OOC is still under work. There are some rules I want to fine tune, but overall, the gist of the game is there.]

I - Origins, Elements, and Corruption

This game revolves around the concept of Origins. They are the primordial bricks of reality, making up all that is at their core. Each Origin is tied to an Original God, and possesses varied effect depending on its nature. There is a Source for each Origin.

From multiple Origins are born Elements, the secondary bricks of reality. Elements can be tied to an Elemental God, but not necessarily. An Element tied to an Elemental God will be more potent than godless Elements.

Then there are the Corrupted Origins, born from an Origin which lost its meaning and has been rejected by the World. Corrupted Origins are antithesis to reality, and disturb the harmony of the World. They also cannot combine into Elements.

From the above, we can derive 3 classes of Gods, and three Resources.

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

II - Mortal Plane, Astral Planes, Corrupted Planes, and Cycles

The Mortal Plane and the Astral Planes are interconnected, and happenings in one will affect the other. Corrupted Planes are not connected to anything, meaning nothing that happens in them affect the Mortal Plane, and vice versa.

You can only create freely create things in the Mortal Plane, and in Astral Planes you control. You can freely create in a non-controlled Astral Plane only if you are located in it.

Note: Servants are immune to plane dissolution, thanks to their special link to their god.

Spoiler: Mortal Plane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Astral Planes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Corrupted Planes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gates, Types and Tiers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planar Cycles (click to show/hide)

III - Types of creations, Tiers, and Price Sheet

Spoiler: Tiers and Battle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cost Modifiers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gate Costs (click to show/hide)

IV - At last, the Character Sheets

Character Sheets
Original Gods chosen will get to shape the World before Elemental Gods and Corrupted Gods, during the Genesis turn. Non Original Gods will be able to start playing once the Genesis is done with.

Elemental Gods can create a new Element, this is totally fine. They cannot create an Origin for their Elements though, and must choose an existing one.

Spoiler: Original God Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elemental God Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Corrupted God Sheet (click to show/hide)

V - Templates

Spoiler: Guidelines (click to show/hide)

Artifact Template:
Code: [Select]
Name:
Origin/Element:
Class:
Description:

Qualities:
-
-

Species Template:
Species Name:
Origin/Element:
Tier:
Description:

Traits:
-
-

Servant/Herald Template:
Name:
Origin/Element:
Class:
Description:

Traits:
-
-

Landmark Template:
Name:
Origin/Element:
Type:
Description:

Law Template:
Name:
Class:
Target:
Effects:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:53:42 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On the Origins of Conflict [Godgame]
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 12:59:42 am »

PLAYERS LIST

ORIGINAL GODS

ELEMENTAL GODS

CORRUPTED GODS

RETIRED/DEAD GODS

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:49:45 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 01:09:11 am »

Spoiler: Filled sheet! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 01:22:28 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 01:12:41 am »

Haha oops. I forgot to add fields for physical description and whatnot.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 01:37:35 am »

Ptw, probably join later.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 01:39:27 am »

I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 02:01:31 am »

And as always, here is a link to the discord channel of this game:
https://discord.gg/usNukYT

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 03:44:08 am »

[spoiler]Name: The Fettered Raja
Physical Description: An elderly dark-skinned four-armed humanoid wearing churidars and achkan, a worn-out turban rests upon his head. His beard is old and unkempt but adorned with bangles and golden false-hairs. He almost always bears a kindly disposition. A writhing fleshy chain is held continuously by his lower arms, constantly bleeding and coughing without mouth or chords. In his upper hands he holds a urn of ash and a scale. When needed, he clips these to his rusted iron belt around his waist.
Personality: [???]
Corrupted Origin: Hope
Corrupted Origin description: Hope, the desire for better. One not weighted down by the evils (and goods) of karma, or the deviations of many conflicts and pains. It is the end of suffering, of evil and affliction- the eternal rest. It is the feeling that at the end of the day, there is a chance of something better, that it can end happily. That the world as one, can enter silence, release and enlightenment- Moshka; the snuffing out of thought and desire. Perhaps in better days, Hope was the feeling that one could improve the world, turn it into a paradise. Now, now it is the recognition that the world- regardless of what shape and form it takes- is intrinsically Corrupted and nom-existence is a better fate

/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 02:40:23 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2019, 03:48:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 08:41:20 am by TricMagic »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 09:21:22 am »

Will post sheet in this specified location at an unspecified time between the hours of now and later. Dibs on life.

Name: Xanxerwild

Physical Description:
Xanxerwild is large, even by God standards.  Xanxerwild is a simple and pristine red and white mask over an endless maw. It has three eyes, which is all that can be seen under the mask. The eyes glow a vibrant shade of green and appear more like burning embers than eyes, as trails of vapor float off of them. Drops of acid drip and drizzle from underneath the mask, falling to the ground with a sizzle. Above the mask, twisted antlers of mixed white bone and living trees reach out. Below the mask is a four armed humanoid with digitigrade legs. The majority of its chest is a pure white porcelain, as are the majority of its lower arms. This smooth white also reached up the left side of the neck to connect to the white mask and down the left leg. The lower white arms are nimble and dexterous, almost delicate looking. The upper arms, however, are composed of broken bark and appear lean and dangerous.

The lower body, upper arms and sections of the torso are a living broken bark with hints of greenery. While the mask, most of the torso, and some of the left leg are porcelain. Any area where these two types touch, there is a deep gouge filled with the same glowing embers as it's eyes and bits of green vapor stream out, constantly surrounding Xanxerwild in a haze.

It has a wrap of the night sky wrapped around it's wide hips and upper thighs, as well as another loosely wrapped around it's neck like a dangling scarf. Upon each is the stars which can be seen in the night sky on that night, and they slowly change with the sky.

Personality: Xanxerwild is a strange god. It is polite, and reasoned. When speaking with it, one would hardly think it is a corrupted god. Yet, one gets the feeling that something malicious may be lurking underneath that pleasant tone, as if one is talking to a predator who has already decided on it's next meal.

Corrupted Origin: Life.

Corrupted Origin description: When the universe came into being, so did Xanxer, the god of life. When he opened his eyes, he looked across his plane and discovered, he was not alone. The fertile plane of life had given birth to two gods! The two life Gods named eachother Wild, the Porcelain Goddess, and Xanxer, the Keeper of the Woods. They we're twins born out of a coincidence in the birth of the universe. They had no need to look at the genisis of the universe, for they had eachother, and that's all they needed. Unknown to them, the planes were organizing themselves in the heavens. When the time came for their plane to find it's rightful home, something odd happened. It began to sink. The weight of the two gods dragged down on their plane and it could not drift properly into its destination. As time went on, it drifted further and further until it was no longer connected to much of anything. Yet Xanxer and Wild did not notice or care much, they had eachother and that's all they would ever need. Time passed and the two fell in love, having known no one else or anything else their entire lives, they were happy together. Until that is, the hunger set in. Their plane had not found it's source, having drifted far away from the other origins, and the two gods began to hunger. They used their essence and power to try and sustain eachother, to stave off starvation, and for a time, this worked. But eventually, that too could not sustain them. Wild had grown insatiable and began to devour herself. As time passed, Xanxer turned it's eyes on Wild and the hunt began. The crazed god stalked it's sister, driven by the scent of divine blood and a hunger that had taken root in his very core. He pounced on his twin and sunk his teeth into her shoulder. Wide eyed and shocked, Wild slashed at her twin with her claws, cutting off a chunk of her brother and devouring it. In the end, neither deity remained, only that deep endless hunger. Their souls and bodies had been devoured by that hunger, and become wrapped around it. What was left was Xanxerwild, a twisted amalgam of the twin gods plagued by an endless need to consume.

"You are what you eat, and I want to be everything..." -Xanxerwild.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 12:05:09 am by Roboson »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 09:45:10 am »

I have feelings by the wording of the OP that elemental gods are like early-game weaker but more flexible over the course of the game.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 02:49:10 am by Tiruin »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 10:05:30 am »

Name: Adam
Physical Description: A glowing double helix ring, surrounding a vaguely humanoid figure of pure light.
Personality: At first, he sought only to create, but all his creations were eroded and destroyed. So now he creates to destroy, creates to survive, creates to annihilate those who would stand in his way, or those who would harm the other corrupted gods.
Corrupted Origin: Radiance
Corrupted Origin description: Radiance, to shine with power and light. Once the day was radiant with light, now it is merely brighter than at night, the sun doesn't shine, it merely glows dimly. All beings of light or fire are lessened, unable to truly unleash their powers and shine. Where once the Radiance of creations might comfort and drive back darkness, now it only burns and destroys.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 12:45:11 am by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 10:45:38 am »

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 11:46:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 03:17:02 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4