Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Evolution  (Read 3992 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2018, 08:42:37 pm »

The Walking Polyps must develop internal book-lungs in order to facilitate their spread away from the pools they once called home.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2018, 10:51:52 pm »

PTW

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2018, 11:37:48 pm »

the scavenging scarabs evolve lungs to move on to land, which makes them amphibious, this should help them with the food problem
lime green + purple = their exoskeleton evolves in a way that it can now allow them to burrow in the ground and other very unfortunate creatures, this should make them able to eat more of those Walking Polyp or steal their food they have built up, its limbs grow spikes to dig with and its whole body grows sturdier and stronger to help with its digging
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:54:19 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2018, 04:01:02 am »

can I still reserve a species? This kind of game used to be my daily bread and water so I ought to have some idea as to how to shake things up.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2018, 06:24:37 pm »

The Smiling Lizards develop a special secretion/saliva that the lizard can spit relatively long distances. The substance dries quickly in air while being able to maintain a sticky, slimy inside layer. The lizards can use this as both a covering for their gills to keep them protected and wet, and furthermore, can spit it to entrap and slow down prey. The slime washes off in water, so that the lizard is fully capable of entering aquatic environments.

Avanti!

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2018, 10:10:42 pm »

another bonus evolution: scavenging scarabs evolves bigger brains so they can have more behaviors
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2018, 11:12:42 pm »

Extra Evolution Because GM forget to Update: The trilobites throughout their generations, develop a resistance to the horrible disease substance Hexalobacteriosis, as they see the hexapods try and go on the land and try to think they protected because nothing wants to eat them. But their are many eyes, with salivating taste receptors that want to feast on the miniature octopuses, and a resistance to the dosage they create would add another good source to the trilobites. Their stomach and taste receptors now have countermeasures when the hexabactetia tries to irritates the stomach, it just doesn’t do it anymore, it just feel tasty to the trilobites

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2018, 11:23:22 pm »

In the stress if the big climate change that leads to an Extra Evolution, the Nightmare Shrimp adapts by gaining the ability to cover their gills in protective chitin plating that have a wet mucus on their undersides, keeping the gills nice and moist if the shrimp was to scramble up onto the shoreline.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2018, 01:19:56 am »

Apparently we get a bonus evolution.

The Walking Polyps have lived for generations now in tunnels teaming with the rotting carcasses of bacteria-laden hexapods, and have developed considerable resistance to their endemic bacteriosymbiotes, enabling them to eat hexapods safely and even sequester Hexalobacter in their own bodies in the process.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2018, 01:24:55 am »

As a result of the continuing lean years, the Lesser Sardines shrink, becoming thinner (3x0.5). They also evolve a more appropriate name and are now the Lesser Gobies.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2018, 07:28:45 am »

EXTRA EVOLUTION! The Hexopods Develop short Claws upon the ends of their tentacles, for self defence, to allow them to hunt other creatures, and to give them the needed extra grip to move farther around over land.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2018, 04:44:24 pm »

The Smiling Lizards see a new world, and as the times change, so will they. The Colotes Vergrandis abandon their behavior of ambushing, and change to a perhaps better system. The creatures begin hunting in groups to maximize their attacking force, sharing what is gained between them.

Avanti!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]