Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 9: Death of the Divine (always more players welcome)  (Read 14633 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 8: You'll be back...
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2017, 06:02:07 pm »

"You meddle in Affairs known not to this universe yet. Thus, I Will return thine favor with mine own."
[ACT]I Create an artifact sword that will make known my displeasure upon those who feel its wrath, and granting it to mine avatar, to send it like a puppet* to harvest a bloody crop from the serpents Phalanalin lets loose.
Spoiler: "Life eater" (click to show/hide)
TLDR:
>Create artifact lifedrinking sword with one act
>Send my avatar to start a gambit against Yras and the snakes
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:16:25 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2017, 08:17:58 pm »

Gambit Opened: The Destruction of the Lioaesda
Cards Played by Ralkiesis:
Lifeslayer
Queen of Twisting Shadows

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gambit Opened: The Destruction of the Chichisy
Cards Played by Yeg'Greth:
Obelisk Upturned
Chain

Ongoing War of Wrath Gambit
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 04:15:19 am by Ghazkull »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2017, 08:20:26 pm »

>Use Upturned Obelisk in the Gambit
   >Use Chain on Knight of Twisting Shadows at the end of the gambit
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 07, 2017, 06:49:14 am »

The wrath of the gods had spread to the surface, as the Serpent lashed out against those it suspected of meddling. Of course, such matters mattered little to the Tutelopsera; it was sure Ralkiesis would be able to deal with such problems easily enough. Instead, it hoped to make use of these events to further its own power.

From its own being, it took a portion and remade into the shape of a tavros. A white rat with the marks of all forms of tavros. It possessed the horns of a goat, the fangs of a wolf, the wings of a bat, the tail of a lion, mane of a boar, and hooves of a moose. It was the Sybil, the hermaphroditic avatar of the Sphere who was both its own person and yet, the same being as the Tutelospera itself. She would carry out what the Sphere could not, for she could descend unto the surface where the Tutelospera itself would not.

The Sybil was crafted with the most exquisite of tastes. She was immortal and ever young, power flowing in her veins. The storms of magic did obey her will and she herself was a demigod amongst mortals, possessing strength and intelligence far surpassing them.

Her task was simple: discover who were truly Worthy to serve the Tutelospera. Worthiness, as the Sphere saw it, was not a strong virtue even amongst the most powerful of the tavros. Yes, they had created grand edifices, and yes, their worship was most necessary, but they were not truly Worthy. Their Love had shown it.

To be Worthy was to be like a god. To be Worthy was not to worship, not to pray, but to act like one was above all else, like one had ascended beyond all else. To be strong was nothing if one acted like a sheep. Even a pitiful slave, with the right mindset, could be far more Worthy than a mage or Blindseer if they only understood  the secret to true power. This of course, was clear to the Sphere:

To cast aside mortality. To seek power not to fulfill petty ambitions or desires, but to have a say in the development of the world. This was not found in the petty bickering of states and spells, but in the acquisition of divine essence, the souls of the world. As each object in Creation was created by essence, it stands to reason that the process could be reversed, that essence could be derived from earth or blood. To have that power was to be truly Worthy.

Of course, this secret was unknown to all. It would be up to Sybil to lead those she believed capable upon the path. To do so she would gather from the peoples of the world a band of followers, ostensibly as a holy order of the Tutelospera, made to carry out its whims. They would battle, aid, build or discover as was required for the betterment of the Tutelospera's disciples. But they would also test them, contesting sacraments, redirecting the winds of magic, or aiding a city's enemies.

To gather men for the order, the Sybil would directly recruit from any volunteers, even those who did not follow the Tutelospera. Furthermore, she would have the right of choosing even slaves or other subservients if she thought them useful to her cause. Any who would dispute her authority would see the reflection of the Heavenly Sphere in her eyes and while not maddening, was certainly terrifying to behold.

From these recruits, Sybil would train them to be psuedo-Worthy. Refined, strong, cultured, and loyal to the Tutelospera's cause. Only those that truly exhibited the traits of the Worthy would be told of the Sybil's true purpose, and the true secret to power.

In any case, these long-term goals were not the initial agenda. She would first gather men and adventure into the jungles. There they would free the Junglefolk. It would be good for the Plainsfolk to deal with a new opponent, for at ime.

2 Acts: Create an avatar, The Sybil. The hermaphroditic Sybil exists both as its own person and yet, as the same being as the Tutelospera. It has its own mind, and yet shares the same as the Heavenly Sphere. In gameplay, this works out as the Tutelospera controlling the Sybil. The Sybil is immortal and eternally young.She is power both physically and magically. She has a way with words and can actively control the winds of magic. It is tasked with gathering the Worthy (both free and enslaved) to its banner, so that the Tutelospera's goals may be carried out. Its initial goal is to lead an expedition into the jungles to free the Junglefolk from Chichisy torment.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:19:29 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 07, 2017, 09:12:37 am »

To all those who seek to interfere with the Chichisy, know this. In doing so, you come into direct confrontation with me. Those Chichisy worship me as a god of death and blood, and if anyone interferes with them, I will prove the Chichisy right. Consider yourselves warned. Turn away from your foolhearty pursuits.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 07, 2017, 10:18:35 am »

"An annoyance. Very well, consider my attempt withdrawn. Your Chichisy  will be left 'free', but I will have the Junglefolk rescued."

The Sybil is simply to guide the three free tribes of Junglefolk out of the jungles and into another area away from both the Plainsfolk and Chichisy.
The Sybil is simply to direct the free three tribes against their Chichisy foes. She is to stabalise their position, aid them in advancing their society, and leading reprisal raids against their enemies. Captured enemies will be sacrificed-enslaved. They are to use the blood-altars of the Jungle in both Lu's and Sybil's name.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 12:58:54 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 07, 2017, 12:52:51 pm »

A wise and strong ruler comes to lead the tavros in their war against the Chichisy. I have no problems with this. May the war of blood reveal which race will reign supreme and which will crumble.

Lu turns to Phanalin. She-demon! I cannot allow you to destroy that which I sought to cultivate. If you seek the destruction of the Chichisy, you must face me.
Lu joins the The Destruction of the Chichisy gambit. Lu plays the Soldier of Maker in support of Yeg'Greth.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:05:24 pm by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 07, 2017, 01:18:15 pm »

Enter the War of Wrath Gambit to prove my innocence by using my orb.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 12:13:28 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2017, 11:43:18 am »

(This post is subject to revision. Not sure if this is the path I want to take, but want it here in case of impending update.)

Lu looked upon the Raligisst and saw a nation of people who were not given a fighting chance. Mere infants at the time they were enslaved. There was no battle of wills, not contest of strength, just nothing at all. Lu decides to give the Raligisst the tools they would need to overcome their masters and free themselves. Whether or not they could achieve this feat was not dependant upon Lu however, he simply evens the odds.

Lu manipulated events in order to instill rebellion in the Raligisst. Lu wrote a mundane tome in the mortal writing of the Ralgisst (if they cannot write/have no language, it appears as a picture book). While the book itself was mundane, its secrets were not. Inside contained a Forward written by Lu explaining that he was god of strength and that he saw the Raligisst were enslaved before they could find their own power. Lu further elaborates that he sees this as an injustice, the worst expression of strength, strength used to prevent strength. It is for this reason that he has written this tome and delivered it to the Raligisst. The tome then transfers into the meat of the text, a compendium of spells related related to fire and light magic. Advanced combat magic of all sorts. Furthermore, it contains defensive spells which should allow the Raligisst to defend against Tavros magics. The final section contains a chapter on Lu, his philosophy and actions, and some of the history of the acterians (used as an allegory for why the gods mostly suck). Vastly summarized of course, but enough to enlighten the Raligisst to gods, the plight of the acterians, and why Lu has chosen to let the Raligisst earn their own future.

Act: Send the Book of Lu to the most rebellious of the Raligisst slave mages.

Lu then turns to those who believe themselves so powerful that they can prevent fair and open contests of strength. Strength comes from struggle, and he will force the Tavros to struggle. Lu releases a disease upon the city Tavros. A magical contagion from the god of strength, immune to mortal magic, infects the majority of the city Tavros. It causes high fever, glowing eyes, and intense rage. Elevated heartrate and adrenaline rushes are also symptoms. The disease is non-fatal, in fact, it is only rarely deadly. However, it does cause some bodily harm. The heart pumps at an increase rate, and hormones and neurotransmitters related to flight/fight and anger fire constantly, flooding the mind and body with an overwhelming rage. Though this isn't the danger, the danger comes from the unwavering rage that the disease brings, people, objects, anything really infuriate any who have the disease. The disease lasts for a few weeks, then fades until that Tavros is exposed again. Those which survive this struggle will have earned their strength.

Act: Infect the Tavros with the Red Fever as described above.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon IV IC-Thread Turn 9: Death of the Divine
« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2017, 02:03:53 pm »

Turn 9: Death of the Divine

In the cold vacuum of space no one can hear your screams. And yet the dying of a people was something that would not go unremarked. As the cloying blackness surrounding them turned rabid the Lioaesda found the dark laughter of a god behind it.

And suddenly the darkness was gone. Replaced by light. Not the incandescent blinding brightness of Lu, it was a more humane light. Not as soft and caressing as Varalin, but hot, pulsing and stoked by rage unfathomable.

Kol had appeared. And as one figured wreathed in crimson and another in black stared each other across the vast emptiness of space a spinning sound could be heard. Unnoticeable to mortals but with a ring so clear and so demanding that all the gods in the universe were aware that the coin had dropped...and it was still spinning.

Words between beings of such strength were not necessary, both knew the purpose of the other, both knew that there was only one result to this. And suddenly the spinning sound stopped. Stopped by fate, never to fall. For no luck in the universe could protect one against the vagaries of fate.

In the end darkness always receded before the light...at least for a time. As the Ascendant and the Goddess met Kol proved the stronger, the Darkness so carefully constructed, so powerfully imbued, was hopeless to protect its Mother.

Phalanalin found herself on a blood-red plain, featureless, endless. The cloying darkness that once protected her was forced away and now lurked in the far corners, just beyond sight. The Goddess of Wisdom was facing the mortal she so despised. The Acterian who had ascended.

Phalanalin idly tosses a coin in the air as Kol approaches her. She catches it in her hand, and without looking at it, sighs.

"Well, it seems the jig is up. Let it be known that I regret my initial attempts to contact the Acterians, but not any subsequent ones- I learnt my lesson and acted with restraint, where others insisted on escalation and blatant interference.
As for you, Kol, you would do the world a favour if you went quietly into your prison- but such humility is not in your nature, is it? You who thinks to lord over his creators- his betters.
Well, let us go, then. Show me what it looks like to slay a god."

The Lifeslayer stood silent and unmoving. Whatever the Goddess had expected, he would not slay her the conventional way. The featureless plains changed, cracks began to show and as the first pieces broke away it became apparent on what exactly the two divines were standing. Varalin had seen a glimpse of it, Phalanalin however, would become a part of it. as the crimson plain below her feet broke apart, a multitude of voices cried out in anguish, grasping hands dragging the former Goddess of Wisdom below into the hellish features of Kols inner psyche. The Darkness, her first creation, raged hopelessly against the bounds by which it was held in check by the Lifeslayer. And as it raged the Universe darkened further as entire star systems were consumed, as Mortals gazed upon the skies in Horror and saw light upon light upon light wink out of existence.

As the Darkness raged, The Mages among the Junglefolk who had aquired their knowledge via the fruits provided by Phalanalin broke down in abject agony, their very souls flayed to the quick. On the Isles of Passion, an ancient temple, long forgotten and ignored by the Phopu, shuddered, quaked and fell upon itself. In the Caves of the Acterians things long forgotten suddenly began to stir and reawaken. Paths long thought closed opened once more,more eratically and unpredictable than ever before.

Even as all this happened, everything stopped for a moment. The Gods in their endless machinations looked up, mortals in their daily struggles suddenly found themselves confused and dazed and even the very winds and animals and insects seemed to still.

A Goddess has perished.

Even before Kol and Phalanalin fought in the heavens Y'ras the Knight of Twisting Shadows rallied the Paineaters.

In awe and horror the Chichisy watched as the tide of snakes descended upon them.

They watched as their blood mad warriors descended upon the Paineaters and failed.

They held their breaths as Jasz faced the Knight in single combat, the Godsblade against the Demon-Snake.

In horror they beheld their Tyrant felled, their warriors crushed and their people hunted through the jungles. But not all was lost. In their misery one arose from the Pain Smiths. A Chichisy known as Ishzs.

Ishzs had been of the humble profession of forging torturing implements from the bladewood tree leaves for use in the Torture Pits. It was there that he found the new Godsblade. And when the Y'ras came once more upon them, he was ready.

The tattered remains of what was once the fearful Chichisy warriors threw themselves with the fanaticism only their kind could manage upon the Paineaters, even as they died Ishzs and Y'ras faced off. The Divine servant laughed at another conceited mortal who would stand in it's way.

And even as it lunged, the world stilled. And Y'ras writhed in agony and pain, the Knight of shadows  cried out in anguish as he felt his mistress fall.

"All is lost." The Paineaters as panicked and as anguished as their leader were easy prey for the Chichisy who fell with ill slaughter upon them until the beasts finally retreated into the deep jungles. Y'ras however was bound in chains and dragged to the Capital of the Chichisy. And Ishzs went to work to forge a prison worthy of a Divine Being such as the Knight of Twisted Shadows.

While the Chichisy celebrated their victory from their last holdout, the Junglefolk blessed the gods for this moment of reprieve. For they had lost all of their mages to an event that was quickly become known as the Fallowing when their mages lost their powers and magic became a thing unknown to them.
Despite this tragedy, it was a time of success and recovery for the Junglefolk, for they had time to recover and more importantly stability returned in teh form of the Sybil. Recognized as a divine servant she was immediately granted the Sword of Unity by the remaining three Kovash who swore undying loyalty to the Sybil. Under her leadership the Junglefolk finally began recovering from the harrowing wars with the Chichisy.

The five cities burned. The City States of the Plainsfolk were broken shells of what they were. They lay in ruins and so did their rulers. The Red Fever had taken them all. With fiery vengeance Lu had struck them all down. First to Fall were the twin cities, in their thirst to appease the gods they fell upon each other and themselves until nothing but burning ash remained. Fair Ilas whose waterfalls turned red with the blood of sacrificed Raligisst slave mages, and then ended without their work. Fair Ilas whose nobility slaughtered slaves by the myriad, even as teh uprisings of the Raligisst tore them apart. Now Cursed Koyx with its murky blood swamps was all that remained of that once proud city.
Old Yush, first among the Great City States was now a ruin. its mighty temples brought low, its people dispersed, what was once great was brought to nothingness.
Of all the cities Kosh was the last to fall. Inbetween putting down the Raligisst, the warlitters were sent out to butcher them in every city state they could find until none of them were left. When they returned, they returned to ruins.

The Plainsfolk were thrown back millenia in development, reduced to tribal groups once more. Those cities that had survived (like Kosh) quickly fell apart as the people fled the Red Fever into the countryside. The Raligisst had not survived the Red Fever. Stuck between rebellions and religious sacrifices they had been utterly vanquished.

The Wells of Improvement Varalin had created indeed did relax folk. Unfortunately it had no effect on herself, a god cannot be improved upon after all. Her more morose kin did welcome her amongst them, although few of them changed their ways at all, comfortable to stay loners, comfortable to stay away from the hubbub around the new host springs.

Phalanalin has been slain!
The Knight of Twisting Shadows has been captured by the Chichisy Warlord Jasz
The Chichisy gambit has been finished, Yeg'Greth and Lu have both won. They recieve each a act.
The Destruction of the Lioaesda has been won by Ralkiesis. he recieves 2 Great Acts.
The Throne of Twisting Shadows sits empty.
The House of Might due to its connection to the House of Twisting Shadows is severly weakened, all its members count as weakened for the remainder of the turn. All stored acts are lost except for those won in the gambit. will not go through until further notice.
The House of Truth is now the Second House
The House of Torment can decide whether it wants to stay a young house or wants to become one of the Elder Houses.
The other Elder Houses accordingly move up the ladder.
The Chichisy are greatly diminished
The Paineaters flee into the deep jungles
The Junglefolk under the rule of the Sybil begin slowly to recover.
The Plainsfolks civilization has been brought low, its people spread to the seven winds and its population greatly diminished.
The Survivors are still plagued by the Red Fever and their population is steadily declining
The Raligisst in a series of sacrifices and failed uprisings have been utterly wiped out.
Varalin creates the Wells of Improvement

Spoiler:  War of Wrath Gambit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Universe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Religions (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"Where has the deathslayer gone?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I Wish to Join the Elderhouses.
[ACT]In the Jungle I Create Tormongaloos, Small furry animals... who can spit some very painful(permanent discoloraction and burning pain on contact) and staining venom several feet, while being resistant to the effects of other creatures venom themselves. Their diet is insects, birds, eggs, and reptiles... and they are Especially fond of the meat of Paineaters.
[ACT]I Spend an act to Recreate as many of the Raligisst, based off those who were Sacrificed, as I can.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Tutelospera was rather neutral about the current happeings, and simply prodded his worshippers forward.

1 Act: Create the City of the Moon, a beautiful citadel of a city upon a mountain near the Plains of the former Plainsfolk. Explain that they fell from grace because they were weak. They had been too prideful and too headstrong in their endeavours that they did not think of what could befall them. As they are beloved by the Tutelospera, It offers them some salvation: a new city at the head of river, enchanted so that the Red Fever was cured by those who drank from the city's wells. However, to remind them of their folly, the city's waters may also turn mutate a small proportion of infants. In effect, they become vampires, people that desire blood, burn in the day, and cannot feel pleasure. This mutation doesn't take effect until adulthood. Those who are relatively near the City of the Moon dream of the City's blessings and safety. The city is somewhat sentient and can expand/reconfigure itself both for growth, serving its populace, and defending itself. It requires materials to be placed in specific storehouses to function. Its activity is linked to the phases of the moon.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:04:13 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Varalin is content to not do much this turn besides in general observe the world.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]