Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Guardians of Paradise [Journey Month 2: Kingdoms and Crowns]  (Read 7191 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Guardians of Paradise [Journey Month 2: Kingdoms and Crowns]
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2016, 12:05:26 am »

Divine Detective Orphella

Investigation: 6+2: [7]
Your investigations into Wrack's maladies start out well enough, noting an unusual sensitivity to dark forces. Which dark forces bears further investigation, which, in true Wrack fashion, leads you to places you probably shouldn't have gone.

You awake screaming, which for an undead god is saying something. Some unfathomable horror is definitely lurking within... matters like these leave the question of "where" somewhat complicated, but suffice to say it's "in" the Wrack caravan inhabitants to some extent. "What" is also complicated, but needless to say it's the cause of the nightmares and probably does not and has never had a physical form.

You were unable to determine it's exact qualities or intentions, but you're fairly certain the mortals brought it with them rather than acquiring it along the way. As for what to do about it... when you were a mortal, the answer was obviously to never speak of it again and hope it doesn't do anything. As a god, you might have more options, but wandering two of the most metaphysically horrifying worlds in existence has given you an appreciation for the fact that some problems can't or shouldn't be solved.

Orphella gasped once she put two-and-two together, a task which she once thought very difficult for a skeleton to do but then again, she was also a god.

"Sapphire's gleaming balls."

Rushing immediately to the Wrack caravan, she looked for one of the afflicted settlers, and promptly sat them down. "Deary, forgive me for taking your time like this, but I really need to fix this little problem, or do something at least. Now, don't move and maybe ol' Orphella will treat you like a good mother should."

Making sure her 'patient' did not struggle, she opened communications with the disease. "We were not told you would be coming, any of you. I would have thought this task was something for us lackeys to be doing, not something for an Abomination of such power to concern themselves with. Tell me though, have the Thrones given you permission or is this another scheme, Mr. Power-Within. Which one are you actually? Please tell me your the nicer one."

The Apprentice(s): Undead-God-of-Niceness Edition

The ancient stories scholar is Dreams-of-Dawn. He seems like a somewhat scrawny grey goat-lad, though with a long neck like his aunt.
The slave is Nek. She's rather slight for a Fray hive-queen, with unblemished brown skin/carapace mottled with green flecks.
The sword scholar is Caos. He's a graceful entity with metallic-speckled beige skin.
The necromancer is Nakkark. He's a black, fairly powerfully built entity who looks about as ominous as you'd expect a necromancer on another world to.
The operate is Joy. He's a rakish-looking lad who flirts with you.
The noblegirl is Jella. She's young but plain-looking, and doesn't seem terribly happy or interested to be here.

Gathering her ragtag band of scholars, warriors and lay-abouts, Orphella gave a little speech. She wasn't much for speeches but sometimes you really had to give the troops a good morale kick. Well, Orphella mused, it probably wouldn't but at least it would inform them as to what their new career was.

"As of today, you lot are students of a lonely old woman with far too much time on her hands. Being simultaneously dead and a god does that unfortunately. As I am often very bored, I often spend my time helping the unfortunate and needy, a concept that may or may not be repulsive to you. You will be trained as my warriors, scholars and teachers and while some of you lack the inclination, skill or desire to do so, I must remind you that your leaders have recommended you all to me specifically for this purpose. I can accept that not all of you can be the smartest, the strongest or the most loved, but I will not tolerate anything less than your all in absorbing my teachings and going about your new duties."

Orphella paused.

"Any questions? And no Joy, I'm far too old for someone like you. Also, I'm pretty sure every down there rotted away some time ago."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]