Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Moments that scared you  (Read 1631 times)

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
Re: Moments that scared you
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 07:56:26 pm »

My scariest moment was when one of my dwarves transformed into a werebeast in the middle of my dining hall... By the time my military got there (they can't have been more than 20 tiles away), 35 were dead... Mostly children

Ah... so the beast did you a favor.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 08:13:00 pm »

Undead dragons.

worldspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 11:01:50 pm »

A werebadger showed up and tore up all my livestock while I had everyone scrambling inside to my Panic! burrow. I thought everyone had made it in but this was early in my fort and I had no way to close the fort to invaders up yet. It stormed down my stairwell into the main room where everyone had gathered and i was expecting a massacre. Then it turned into a surprised human right at the bottom of the steps. However, there was one woodcutter dwarf who was slow making it inside and was apparently was behind him the whole time without knowing. As soon as he came down the steps without breaking his stride he just whacked the human in the chest with his axe and killed him instantly, then kept walking to the booze stockpile with the corpse slumped against the wall.

At no point would that dwarf have even known he was a werebadger so from his perspective he just killed a random naked man in the hall.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 12:21:51 am »

"A section of the cavern has collapsed."

Shit shit shit. What was I mining out? Oh that's right, just making some alterations to the aboveground fort.

Turns out I had forgotten that blocks don't get support diagonally while making alterations to my surface fort. Particularly, the tower directly above my main stairwell. I collapsed an entire tower right down my 3x3 stairwell that reaches from the surface to the magma sea. Needless to say, more than a quarter of the fort's population died.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 10:01:00 am »

There was a giant sperm whale on the beach. This was an evil biome. There was a husk making gloom. The giant sperm whale became a husk. This was all within the first ten minutes of play. That thing haunted my fort until I abandoned it.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 11:52:16 am »

That moment within the first 5 minutes of play when a Wereskink appears and proceeds to rape your farm animals and kill your dwarves.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!
Pages: 1 [2]