Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]

Author Topic: Crawl 0.15 Tournament - It begins! (TOURNAMENT ENDED)  (Read 26758 times)

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.15 Tournament - It begins! (Registrations closed! Come wish us luck!)
« Reply #330 on: September 14, 2014, 09:00:05 am »

Yeah, I'm finding most of his abilities a bit tricky to actually get much value from - I imagine creating giant spores was much better when you could pick up/throw corpses to get them near the monsters you want to attack.

And as others have said, he probably works best with an archer than with primarily melee. I'll probably start training bows at some point, but the game seems to really want me to use ice magic - Book of Frost, Book of Ice, staff of cold and randart ring of ice all before lair. It might be worth training since I'm using Ice Form and Ozo's Armour already, but it's quite expensive to start training conjurations on a character who is already quite heavily invested into unarmed/transmutations.

Also a shame that Fedhas does not protect allied plants from Ozo's Refrigeration (which seems odd considering he does protect from most other spells including Freezing Cloud.)

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crawl 0.15 Tournament - It begins! (Registrations closed! Come wish us luck!)
« Reply #331 on: September 15, 2014, 02:31:22 am »

Fog would have saved you, his movement would have costed more than a regular 10 aut turn (your reading the scroll) and you would have been able to step away(to where you are now) making him unable to see you again (2 fog tiles)  or more likely you would have gotten 2 actions before his next (since the move would have consumed 12 aut)

Fuck arrows.
Maybe I could have made it if I read a scroll of fog first, although he probably would have moved one tile closer and shot me anyway.

caleb

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fort - Ironwrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 18, 2014, 06:04:45 am »

Didn't see this thread until the tournament was over, I got a kick out of your expert rating being a win or a couple runes. Felt it was worth posting about. query !hs caleba on ##crawl for my credentials

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 18, 2014, 10:36:35 am »

Congratulations on all wins and otherwise! I'm little disappointed at my performance; but at least I made my personal best during this tourney. Next time little more paranoid and less hubris, eh?

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 18, 2014, 04:11:55 pm »

It was pretty good tourney for Bay12:

Champions: 10 wins
  • Tegga21   (7)
  • Antioch   (2)
  • Aelig   (1)
Nobles: 6 wins
  • DrFeelgood   (3)
  • BaronMunchausen (1)
  • Mindmaker (1)
  • vogonpoet (1)
Blacksmiths: 4 wins
  • Train      (2)
  • Un67   (1)
  • Vactor   (1)

So that's 10 different winners, with ggurman of the Miners fully deserving an honarable mention for his 3 (three) Zot splats.

gg everyone
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 18, 2014, 04:14:26 pm »

ggs! was fun :)

Dr Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 18, 2014, 04:58:29 pm »

I wanted a 15-rune win, but I'm not complaining with zero losses.  :)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 18, 2014, 08:07:32 pm »

grats to the victorious!

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 18, 2014, 11:59:29 pm »

Didn't see this thread until the tournament was over, I got a kick out of your expert rating being a win or a couple runes. Felt it was worth posting about. query !hs caleba on ##crawl for my credentials

Yeah, those are the criteria we've been using for the past few tournies. They just get copy-pasted forward by whoever makes the next topic.

And yes, congrats to all!
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]