Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: This Dwarf Likes Slade, I want a hammer (or a whip!)  (Read 9491 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: This Dwarf Likes Slade, I want a hammer (or a whip!)
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2013, 04:12:49 pm »

The idea with the minecart mincing machine, is to have several loaded carts on the same track, powered by in-line impulse ramps.

This is essentially just a really long 1 tile wide hallway with all the appropriate twists, walls, ramps and tracks needed to exploit impulse ramps, leading to the candycane.

It the wraps around the candy spire, and comes back into the fortress using the same technique, down a different path, the closes the circuit.

This way you load up the cart, give it a push, then drop more carts onto the track from overhead. Rine, repeat, until all the carts are on the track, and sweeping the halls.

Then you use the sacrificial fishery worker assigned to mining duty with the lead pick to open the candycane.

Clown custard for everyone!

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2013, 04:55:28 pm »

So, I have never made a serious attempt on the circus. I breached them once, I don't remember if it was on accident or not, in the first year or early second year, and they slaughtered my then-desert fortress. This map has a ton of cotton candy, to the tune of I have 8 of each sword/axe/spear and 18 full suits of candy armor, and I still have ~200 candy wafers left to go. Now I have more void hammers then I will ever know what to do with.

I'm never, ever going to find a better map to military the circus.

A question about the curious underground structure. I know when I deconstruct the sword, I'll spawn demons. Will that replace an erie glowing pit at the bottom of my candy spires?

Unrelated Question: If I drop a platform of filled coffins/slabs into the magma sea, will those dwarves stay tombed/memorialized?

BTW, save is here if anyone is interested.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7857
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:02:10 pm by edgefigaro »

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2013, 05:52:54 pm »

I cannot say, but here's my experience with the curious structure:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am interested in slade hammers vs clowns though. I mean they do not have internal organs, but if a hammer hits something hard enough it can cause things to fly off.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]