Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: My Little Fortress: At Worlds End: Mistyoceans (The Forges are done!)  (Read 9037 times)

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: At Worlds End: Mistyoceans
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2013, 02:24:44 pm »

Bump, since edit did'nt do this for me.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2013, 08:41:37 pm »

Sabriel’s Journal

26 Hematite, 128: Did not expect this to happen yet, but we need a new stone stockpile. Shame we cannot put them into bins. Hmm... Perhaps if we turn them into blocks...

28 Hematite, 128: We held elections today, and Rithul Udistkadol (Rithul U. for short, not to be confused with Rithul Kastarondin, or Rithul K.) was chosen as the first mayor of Mistyoceans. As the law states, he requires a set of rooms. I have suspended work on the Magma Forges until these are dug out. He has also mandated a weapon rack be made, an easily filled request.

16 Malachite, 128: I saw Itur stroking his crossbow earlier today, and he didn’t put it away in the stockpile before bed tonight. I wonder what that could be about...

21 Malachite, 128: A Nickel Silver item. Nickel Silver... HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO MAKE A NICKLE SILVER ITEM WITHOUT FUNCTIONING FORGES!?!? Better find a captain of the guard...
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2013, 08:22:26 pm »

Sabriel’s Journal

22 Malachite, 128: It occurs to me that there are fully 53 ponies at this now busy settlement, yet I am still Militia Commander, Manager, Broker and Bookkeeper. These keep me constantly busy, so I have decided to replace my self in some of these posts. As such, Legan Stigazigest is now Bookkeeper, and will be receiving a new office. Bem Stidesttad is Broker, and Eddaz Vakistavuz is Manager. Eddaz will also require an office. I believe I have also found a good fit for the position of Guard Captain: Kat Amsemtom. If I remember correctly, she said guard when she joined up and not militia, so she makes perfect sense. She will require a private dining room as well as her office. The Magma Forges are priority at the moment however.

OOC: Yes, they were N’s before. Stupid square tileset makes lowercase M’s and N’s look alike.

6 Galena, 128: Drew up plans for a proper barracks today. We’ll actually dig them out once the Forges, Offices, and Workshop wing are done.

12 Galena, 128: It seems another is in the grasps of a strange mood. This time it is Merir Erokebsas, a Leatherworker. I hope we have all he needs.

Later: It seems we do, as he is gathering supplies as I write this.

17 Galena, 128: Merir has started work, with quite a few supplies. I hope he makes something we can use.

20 Galena, 128: Our Tank just gave birth. No clue how as we have never had a male of the species here.

21 Galena, 128: A Thong. You made a Thong. Sure, it’s a nice Thong, but it’s still a THONG!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:25:09 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sabriel’s Journal

6 Limestone, 128: turns out we weren’t quite out of coal after all. I’ve had some charcoal made, and the coal is being prepared now. Perhaps nobody will get arrested after all, as we have both nickel and silver ores.

18 Limestone, 128: Perhaps we will. We need to smelt some copper, and have one bar of coke left. We shall see.

2 Timber, 128: Charcoal will not work, and the coal mine is far from priority, so that nickel silver will have to wait until we have a magma smelter to use- If the mayor can wait that long.

11 Timber, 128: Finally. They are nearly done. The only work that remains to be done before the Magma Forges are complete is the excavation of a single column of rock, and the carving of a fortification. The first structure- a smelter- already stands, built by myself. Once the magma flows, we can set up the others.

13 Timber, 128: I have given the order. Rithul U., the Mayor, is on his way to do the honors now.

14 Timber, 128: It is done. The Magma Forges are complete. The mayor only just avoided the magma, but was successful in doing so. He also reported the existence of a second spire of Adamantine, this one to the north. This is a landmark day for Mistyoceans, mark my words.

P.S.: This also means I am able to keep my promise to Xaren: The Forges are ready before the close of 128.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: At Worlds End: Mistyoceans (The Forges are done!)
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2013, 07:39:31 pm »

Sabriel’s Journal

26 Timber, 128: Looks like those ramps were a good idea! Katdir fell in to one of the ponds today, ironically right after digging out one of said ramps, and used it to climb back out. Thanks to the ramp, all is well. Kat’s office and dining room are nearly done as well.

1 Moonstone, 128: The first day of winter, and the first day that all of Kat’s rooms are ready for use. I’ve officially assigned them to her and everything.

14 Moonstone, 128: I’m having Pig Iron made, the first step towards making Steel. Long term, I hope to have all blunt weapons made from Steel.

16 Moonstone, 128: Excavation has begun on our new workshop wing, which is to be capable of holding 120 small and 6 large workshops. The stockpile of metal and fuel has also been moved to the magma forges for convince.

19 Moonstone, 128: Legan Stigazigest, our bookkeeper, just left his office in a hurry. I wonder what he’s up to...

20 Moonstone, 128: Ahhh... Another of those strange moods. Legan hurried to the surface and took over the leatherworks. He hurried right back off again, so we should have what he needs.

26 Moonstone, 128: The mayor’s mandate has ended in failure. As a result, Nightshade is receiving 51 days in prison- 51 too many in my opinion, but the law’s the law. At least we have a prison. Thankfully, the mayor has made no new mandates.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2013, 07:24:56 pm »

Sabriel’s Journal:

2 Opal, 128: With Nightshade in jail, I’ve had Kat drop all her jobs so she can ensure he gets the food and drink he needs to survive the sentence. I would have made the mayor do it, but the caravan could come by at any time now and he needs to meet with the liaison.

4 Opal, 128: Don’t export any Armour Stands? I think we can manage that one Mr. Mayor.

6 Opal, 128: Whatever Lêgan is making, he seems to have gathered everything he needs and has started work.

8 Opal, 128: That caravan can come any day now- Xaren just told me he’s out of flux for steel, and that’s import only here.

10 Opal, 128: Lêgan has finished his project... A single shoe. At least it’s not another earring. The bad news is he used some of our Pig Iron... Which we kind of needed... On the other hoof, he used silk from one of our citizens. Which is kind of funny.

18 Opal, 128: Excavation on our new workshop wing has now progressed to the point where I feel we can start moving our workspaces into it. I’ll be starting with the basics, like the carpenters and masons shops.

10 Obsidian, 128: The last of the chains we need for the hospital is now done. All that remains now is to put the last traction benches together and install them.

17 Obsidian, 128: This years trade caravan has arrived, along with the liaison. At least the mayor gets to deal with him this year. With any luck, we can buy out all the flux they have.

28 Obsidian, 128: Trading has been completed. For a few bins of crafts and cut gems, we not only purchased all the flux the caravan brought, but also their entire stock of leather, along with other smaller purchases.

The final entry of the year is accompanied by a list of dates and weather conditions over the previous year.

Weather log for 128

Clear 1 Granite-26 Hematite

Rain 26 Hematite-3 Malachite

Clear 3 Malachite-3 Opal

Rain 3 Opal-7 Opal

Clear 7 Opal-28 Obsidian
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2013, 10:47:28 am »

Good to see this still alive, will probably do something sometime soon.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2013, 07:17:14 pm »

It's not moving very fast, but it is moving. It has now been exactly three game years since embark... So you can probably guess what the leather is for.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2013, 06:03:35 pm »

A list of my plans for the Fortress:

• Furnish jail for 20   Complete
  • 20 Traction Benches for Hospital   In Progress
    • Tables   Complete
    • Mechanisms   Complete
    • Chains   Complete
    • Assembly   In Progress
    • Installation   Planned
  • Workshop Wing   In Progress
    • Excavations   In Progress
    • Smoothing   Planned
    • Shops   In Progress
  • Smooth Forges   Complete
  • Barracks   Planned
    • Excavations   Planned
    • Smoothing   Not yet Planned
    • Equipment   Not Yet Planned
  • Graveyard   Planned
  • Stair Expansion/Rerouting   In Progress
    • Excavations   Planned
    • Smoothing   In Progress
  • Power Plant   Not Yet Planned
    • Excavations   Not Yet Planned
    • Waterwheels   Not Yet Planned
    • Pumps   Not Yet Planned
    • Axles and Gears   Not Yet Planned
    • Fill and Start   Not Yet Planned
  • Shower   Planned
    • Find Bottom of Aquifer   Planned
    • Pipes and Room   Not Yet Planned
      • Feed   Not Yet Planned
      • Drain to Cavern
    • Grates and Shut-off   Not Yet Planned
    • Magma Chamber   Not Yet Planned
      • Filling   Not Yet Planned
    • Aquifer Breach   Not Yet Planned
  • Pump Stack   Not Yet Planned
    • Pumps   Not Yet Planned
      • Blocks   Not Yet Planned
      • Corkscrews   Not Yet Planned
      • Pipe Sections   Not Yet Planned
      • Assembly   Not Yet Planned
    • Gearing and Axles   Not Yet Planned
  • First Cavern Overlook   Not Yet Planned
    • Blueprint   Not Yet Planned
    • Clear Glass Blocks (0/?)   Not Yet Planned
    • Constructions   Not Yet Planned
      • Floor   Not Yet Planned
      • Walls   Not Yet Planned
      • Roof   Not Yet Planned
  • Smooth Jail   Not Yet Planned

...And the save as of 1 Granite, 129: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8001
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:29:43 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2013, 06:47:37 pm »

Sabriel’s Journal:

4 Granite, 129: Having noticed holes starting to appear in my cloths, I’ve ordered as many robes from the leatherworks as possible. On an unrelated note, Nightshade has been released from jail and resumed work.

22 Granite, 129: I am pleased to report that Ramol, the first pony born on the island, has become a foal.

1 Slate, 129: the last of the traction benches is complete. All that remains now is the installation.

Later: Osal has just given birth, bringing a brand new unicorn filly into the world.

10 Slate, 129: The first bars of Steel have just come off the line. As a matter of fact, I made them!

15 Slate, 129: New mandate form the mayor. We are no longer aloud to export Nickel Silver. Not a problem as we only have one bar of the stuff in the first place.

22 Slate, 129: Hmm... Several ponies have come to me over the past few days to tell me Eddaz, our manager, has secreted himself away in one of our Magma Glassworks, and has been asking for glass and cloth. I’ve had the glass made, but he refuses to get any cloth... Despite our having silk, wool, and plant fiber cloths. I can’t help but worry about him.

OOC: He took the glass... So I have no clue what’s up with this... I have all three types... No preferences for cloth...
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]